#31  
Old 13th March 2014, 01:53 PM
rhondda rudie's Avatar
rhondda rudie rhondda rudie is offline
Super Über UBloonie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Penyrenglyn,Rhondda Cynon Taf
Posts: 13,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
A welsh Tory ??

As rare as rocking horse sh1t I would imagine comrade.
Endangered species comrade.The was a tory on the old Rhondda Borough Council once.Mind you there were also 3 communists on there at the time.
__________________
REGGAE MUSIC CAN'T REFUSE IT
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 13th March 2014, 07:35 PM
nephertiti's Avatar
nephertiti nephertiti is offline
Über UBLoonie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 5,905
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukguy View Post
JB:

I think you have lost the plot!

You would be sickened if someone attacked a person based on the colour of their skin they were born into, but you are quite happy to attack someone based on the social class they were born into. Which is just as unavoidable as the colour you are born. I am pretty confident that your family have lived privilidged lives from your previous vast income. Enjoying the large houses, foreign trips and fast cars etc that wealth brings.

Those that point fingers should ensure they have clean hands.


I don't think that was the point JB was making.
I think the point is (from a socialist point of view)
..... that if someone is sitting with massive amounts of money in the bank .....(whether inherited or self made),
......that very fact might make them (in a humane ethical way)
....... less of a priority
.....than others who have lost their whole life, livelihood and have no means to replace it.

In Theory .....If JB was sitting on a massive estate with cars zooming about....and he sat about poking his ears with gold drumsticks,
in acres of fields .....with outhouses and flats all over London, it would follow he would not feel he was a priority.

So I didn't feel the argument was out what family anyone was born into

David Cameron only seemed to get into Action Man mode when the floods crept into more affluent areas....

Your comment though did make me think .....not in relation to the argument above ...

Last edited by nephertiti; 13th March 2014 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Over quoting
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 13th March 2014, 07:54 PM
nephertiti's Avatar
nephertiti nephertiti is offline
Über UBLoonie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 5,905
Default

PS ....I originally though this post was about aliens at one point and got all worked up with GF 's statistics.....

The 50,000 years to another star totally blew me ......

Makes me wonder why we make a fuss about anything ... but that only lasts for seconds ......then one goes back to one's silly wee huffies ...
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 14th March 2014, 03:23 PM
ukguy's Avatar
ukguy ukguy is offline
UB40 Fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
A welsh Tory ??

As rare as rocking horse sh1t I would imagine comrade.
I have been a tory donor and member for some time, and proud of it.

Just to pick up on one pount you made, the reason one wage ran a "working class" household was due to the fact that working class back then had very little in the way of luxuries. It's like comparing apples to giraffes.

How many people had a telephon in their house, let alone in several rooms or even mobile phones? How many people had a colour TV let alone several in variois rooms? How many had a car, let alone several. Yet that is exactly what the working classes of today now enjoy.

If your idea of heaven is where the working classes had next to nothing in the way of life's luxuries maybe all the years of smoking weed has done more harm than you're aware of.

Rhondda Rudie:
I assume you would like all the men from the valley's to go back down the mines? What with how great it was back in the 70's all the accidents, not to mention the long term health effects such as deafness, white finger and lung disease. Oh the good ole days eh lol
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 14th March 2014, 03:50 PM
UK Warrior's Avatar
UK Warrior UK Warrior is offline
UBloonie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,979
Default

*pulls up chair*
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 14th March 2014, 07:17 PM
JB40's Avatar
JB40 JB40 is offline
UB40 Band Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 21,235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukguy View Post
I have been a tory donor and member for some time, and proud of it.

Just to pick up on one pount you made, the reason one wage ran a "working class" household was due to the fact that working class back then had very little in the way of luxuries. It's like comparing apples to giraffes.

How many people had a telephon in their house, let alone in several rooms or even mobile phones? How many people had a colour TV let alone several in variois rooms? How many had a car, let alone several. Yet that is exactly what the working classes of today now enjoy.

If your idea of heaven is where the working classes had next to nothing in the way of life's luxuries maybe all the years of smoking weed has done more harm than you're aware of.

Rhondda Rudie:
I assume you would like all the men from the valley's to go back down the mines? What with how great it was back in the 70's all the accidents, not to mention the long term health effects such as deafness, white finger and lung disease. Oh the good ole days eh lol

Tory nonsense. The reason one wage was enough was because the renter class (ie Tories) hadn't got their hands on our affordable housing stock and sold it cheap, but didn't build any new ones. Before housing inflation made it impossible for working people to get a mortgage. Where house prices are 20 times wages instead of two or three. All this other stuff is just trivia.

The great Tory heritage is debt, debt, and more debt. Zombie banks, corporations that pay subsistence wages, and the rentier class picking at the carcass of what is left of the skilled working class.

You must be awful proud.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 14th March 2014, 07:39 PM
JB40's Avatar
JB40 JB40 is offline
UB40 Band Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 21,235
Default

When it comes to miners, if we agree that it has to be mined by someone, then I would prefer to see a hard worker paid a decent wage. Under the Tories we ended up using coal mined in Venezia by exploited children. Another Tory legacy you must be awful proud of.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 14th March 2014, 07:41 PM
Aaron Otang's Avatar
Aaron Otang Aaron Otang is offline
Über UBLoonie
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nannatown
Posts: 8,553
Default

Go read Chav's by Owen Jones..

that is all

Grootings Jimbo,Kelv,Tom, and the tory doner

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 14th March 2014, 10:09 PM
ukguy's Avatar
ukguy ukguy is offline
UB40 Fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
Tory nonsense. The reason one wage was enough was because the renter class (ie Tories) hadn't got their hands on our affordable housing stock and sold it cheap, but didn't build any new ones. Before housing inflation made it impossible for working people to get a mortgage. Where house prices are 20 times wages instead of two or three. All this other stuff is just trivia.

The great Tory heritage is debt, debt, and more debt. Zombie banks, corporations that pay subsistence wages, and the rentier class picking at the carcass of what is left of the skilled working class.

You must be awful proud.
The right to buy scheme was an enormous success it gave the ordinary working man the opportunity to actually own their own home. This was a policy aimed directly at the working class to get a step further up the social ladder. Which is why i don't take seriously insults that Tories only look after the middle classes.

Jim, as for saying tories are all about debt that is just plain factually wrong. There has never in history been a single occasion where Labour has gone into government and not racked up debt that the Tories has the. Had to clear up. It's not like you even have to look far back either. The last lot of lefties left us all with the biggest debt since records began. I am puzzled as to why you would claim such a thing.

While your statement about how you would rather see men here being paid a decent wage to mine coal is very admirable, it does unfortunately overlook one important issue. That is the coal would then become so expensive to produce that you would have no one to sell it to because of the high cost of production.

There is one and only one reason why the iphone i am using to type this message and the iphones that most everyone loves is manufactured in China for a US company, that is then exported mainly to Europe and back to the USA and that is cost! Labour is cheaper there than it is here in Europe or in the USA.

While i don't think i for a moment i am going to convert you, and you certainly wont convert me. It is fun having a debate with one of my "heroes" cheers Jim
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 14th March 2014, 10:50 PM
JB40's Avatar
JB40 JB40 is offline
UB40 Band Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 21,235
Default

The right to buy was NOt a success. Most of the properties sold are now in the hands of BTL landlords or rental companies. It only had a chance of success if the housing stock had been replaced, but it wasn't. So now houses are unaffordable for millions of young people.

When labour took over in 1997, government spending over 40 percent GDP. Gordon brown reduced this to about 35 percent of GDP. Then the crash happened, the banks were bailed out and the rest is history.

And I don't care how much something costs, exploiting children is plain wrong.

The Tories are the party of debt because they believe in the Chicago school of economics and facilitated the setting up of the derivatives market. All growth since then has been based on repackaged debt. This market grew from nothing in 1979 to over 700 trillion dollars worth of mostly toxic debt. This is where Tory ideology has brought us. A thirty percent reduction in income from the bottom 60 percent and a rise of four THOUSAND percent for the top one percent.

And now we have the biggest debt in history because of QE, the only way the ponzu scheme that is the derivatives market can be kept alive. This government has borrowed much more than they otherwise should have because they choked off labours recovery.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 (Unregistered)


Forum SEO by Rapid Web Ltd