UB40 Forums

UB40 Forums (http://ub40.global/forum/index.php)
-   UB40 Discussion (http://ub40.global/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   How journalism works. (http://ub40.global/forum/showthread.php?t=612611)

JB40 18th April 2014 06:39 PM

It's total desperation from our ex-singer.

When he left the band he had been offered a lot of money for an arena tour. The tickets sales were so poor that the tour was cancelled, he moved some of the dates to smaller venues, but even those didn't sell. This is what happened to the tour that he booked under the name aldi Campbell.

Since then he has been unable to book himself a British tour. He changed the name to aldi Campbell's ub40, did one small venue in brum and one in London. Neither of which sold out. Even when astro joined him.

Now he has resorted to passing himself off as ub40. It's all he has left. A desperate hope that our fans, who turned up in their thousands for our sell out tour, will be hoodwinked into buying tickets for his singalong, cover version, karaoke show.

The wheels of justice grind slowly, but the process is well underway.

But, he hasn't been able to interest the national media in his attempt to discredit his old band mates. It's an old story and most people have moved on. And his facebook page has less than five percent of the traffic that we get on ours.

He has already backed down with the latest name-change. At first he claimed that he was entitled to use the name ub40, then he changed that to ub40 reunited, I think another name change will be on the way soon.back to aldi shambles. Then he may as well get himself a job of some kind because, as we already know, nobody was interested in his solo career.

They are fully aware that our tour has been a triumph, and there has been strong demand for more shows. That's why they are scavenging around, trying to pick up a few tickets from fans who want to see the real ub40, but may be confused by his deliberate attempt to pass himself off as the band he was so keen to leave.

Tawdry, cheap and desperate. And his karaoke show is leaving people disappointed, as the revues from his couple of African shows have been dreadful, and are not good for the bands reputation. He's become a parasite, living off the blood and sweat of his old mates. It's irritating but not vaguely terminal. He hasn't got enough support from the public or from ub40 fans to do any real damage. But it is a it like being stalked.

He left over six years ago with the words "I can earn ten times more without you lot" and we haven't seen him since. It hasn't quite worked out that way for him. Tough, but he's gonna have to deal with it.

rhondda rudie 18th April 2014 06:43 PM

What he said

GefferyMorgan 18th April 2014 09:08 PM

The last advertisement I saw online, it had him and his cronies billed as "UB40 featuring Ali Campbell" lol....desperate times for the three stooges, it seems.

andybluenoes 18th April 2014 09:35 PM

The blokes a complete nob.
I just hope he gets what he deserves.
RIP

sardonicus 2 18th April 2014 09:36 PM

Sad state of affairs really. All that greed will destroy him. Sad!

old loonie 18th April 2014 09:40 PM

money root of all evil. pri-k

mrClaypole 19th April 2014 01:47 PM

If I see a poster I will happily rebrand the names to "ALDI, GASTRO AND Taking the Mickey", with a pen just to clarify.

old loonie 20th April 2014 09:36 AM

wheels of justice turn slowly, in that time fatboy will have a few gigs under his belt as ub40 and the constant missuse of the name is a problem for promoters and ticket sellers who actually dont quite know what is going on as they probably have not had this situation arise too often in the past. Its the classic senario that fatboy wanted to happen,his career is virtually finished and he knows he has ltd time to confuse and make a quick buck and luckily for the majority of us we know what a scumbag he is and the tambourine man are up to. they will sink into normal society by the end of the year and we hopefully wont hear of them again. ub40 will just carry on and give us tours to remember

hickpaul.96 20th April 2014 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhondda rudie (Post 1652838)
What he said

What he said...

http://www.ub40.co.uk/forum/ub40-dis...thing-but.html