UB40 Forums

UB40 Forums (http://ub40.global/forum/index.php)
-   UB40 Discussion (http://ub40.global/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   KORG question for BT (http://ub40.global/forum/showthread.php?t=585692)

cjp_24 15th July 2008 12:26 PM

KORG question for BT

Brian, having done Kingston Town on my Korg (which I posted earlier on here), my next project is Red Red Wine. What I would like to ask is what program/instrument (bank & number) do you use on the Korg for the harmony, the tone where you use the joystick to bend the pitch up and down slightly. Will be used mainly for the melody on my version. Or is it a tone that you have edited????

Many Thanks in advance.

Cliff

ScoobyDoo555 15th July 2008 05:26 PM

The tone is heavily edited, and is/was played from an Akai S3000 (ie it's a sample from an older machine :))

your best bet is to listen to it, and try to re-create it (bearing in mind that Brian used a WX7 (yamaha) to play it)

Dan :)

San Diego 15th July 2008 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555
The tone is heavily edited, and is/was played from an Akai S3000 (ie it's a sample from an older machine :))

your best bet is to listen to it, and try to re-create it (bearing in mind that Brian used a WX7 (yamaha) to play it)

OOhhh I really, really love you signature..... You and I will get along just fine :grin:

ScoobyDoo555 15th July 2008 05:30 PM

:D

Waltjo 15th July 2008 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by San Diego
Quote:

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555

OOhhh I really, really love you signature..... You and I will get along just fine :grin:

Why does that not surprise me :grin: :grin:

San Diego 15th July 2008 05:50 PM

He's a man after my heart, Mags.. :grin:

ScoobyDoo555 15th July 2008 05:56 PM

Of course, it would help if I actually read what the OP wanted to know!! :roll: :oops:

I thought you wanted some info about the Kingston Town sound!! (put it down to a long day/beer)

Basically scrap the WX7 bit!! :D There were several different sounds used as different synths were experimented with (IIRC, I'm sure Brian will correct me), but the best way is still to get into your edit page (you don't say which machine you're running), and A/B comparison. The pitch can be set to 2 or 3 octave ranges though (to get the high pitch at the end)

hope this helps :)

Dan

San Diego 15th July 2008 05:59 PM

Acerbic and a beer drinker................ Did I hit the lottery and no one told me??? :shock: ((sigh))

ScoobyDoo555 15th July 2008 06:02 PM

LOL! :D I have a great many talents - these just so happen to be 2 of em ;)

Dan

Sylvie B 15th July 2008 06:04 PM

Fi is in total heaven ............a new person to dare I say it bounce off :lol: :lol: