UB40 Forums

UB40 Forums (http://ub40.global/forum/index.php)
-   UB40 Discussion (http://ub40.global/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Fathers Of Reggae 2 Please....... (http://ub40.global/forum/showthread.php?t=612588)

Baggariddim 13th April 2014 10:41 AM

Fathers Of Reggae 2 Please.......

UB40 Presents The Fathers Of Reggae is one of my all time favorite UB albums. I would truly love to see a follow up to this great album. Some of the legendary artists they've covered or been influenced by are no longer with us like say, Brent Dowe and Tony Brevett of The Melodians and Gregory Isaacs for example. Some are not in the greatest of health while some are going strong. Imagine what part 2 could be with the likes of Johnny Nash, Errol Dunkley, U-Roy and many more. What do you fellow fans think? Band members please weigh in too...
Peace,
Bagga.......

DreamBig 13th April 2014 12:38 PM

What about a "Sons Of Reggae" album with a lot of younger artists performing tracks?

rhondda rudie 13th April 2014 12:49 PM

Fathers 2 would be a great idea down the line but for the next album I'd like original,political songs.After hearing Poor Man it's obvious the band has another excellent writer in the shape of Dunc to contribute too.:-D

DreamBig 13th April 2014 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhondda rudie (Post 1652518)
After hearing Poor Man it's obvious the band has another excellent writer in the shape of Dunc to contribute too.:-D

Agreed.

Though there's a few lines I'd disagree with on that track, but we'll leave that for another day :lol:

rhondda rudie 13th April 2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamBig (Post 1652520)
Agreed.

Though there's a few lines I'd disagree with on that track, but we'll leave that for another day :lol:

Must be the bit about doctors.:lol:

DreamBig 13th April 2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhondda rudie (Post 1652521)
Must be the bit about doctors.:lol:

Amongst others :wink:

JorisJ 13th April 2014 03:56 PM

How about a Dub Sessions 4 with mixes by Scientist, Lee Perry, Mad Professor, Dennis Bovell amongst others?

RBC 13th April 2014 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baggariddim (Post 1652514)
UB40 Presents The Fathers Of Reggae is one of my all time favorite UB albums. I would truly love to see a follow up to this great album. Some of the legendary artists they've covered or been influenced by are no longer with us like say, Brent Dowe and Tony Brevett of The Melodians and Gregory Isaacs for example. Some are not in the greatest of health while some are going strong. Imagine what part 2 could be with the likes of Johnny Nash, Errol Dunkley, U-Roy and many more. What do you fellow fans think? Band members please weigh in too...
Peace,
Bagga.......

Go on then Bagga, dont stop there, give us a more complete list. I would absolutely love to do it, twas a great experience.

dread rock 13th April 2014 04:52 PM

What about as a side line a fathers of dub album with the likes of Lee'scratch'Perry, Scientist, King Jammy etc etc .

JorisJ 13th April 2014 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RBC (Post 1652534)
Go on then Bagga, dont stop there, give us a more complete list. I would absolutely love to do it, twas a great experience.

Maybe including some Mothers' of reggae? Dawn Penn, Marcia Griffiths, June Lodge, Susan Cadogan,...

JJ