UB40 Forums

UB40 Forums (http://ub40.global/forum/index.php)
-   UB40 Discussion (http://ub40.global/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   How journalism works. (http://ub40.global/forum/showthread.php?t=612611)

Kodiak 17th April 2014 02:05 PM

Part of the problem is feel good news stories and headlines don't make "money" - people are more likely to read/download/buy bad news than good news. And it doesn't sell that the band is having an awesome sold out tour and that they are going even stronger after over 35 years together. What catches people's eyes is bad news - gossipy, controversial, shocking, etc. Advertisers pay big when things sell.

Ali is taking full advantage of this as his music career comes to an end. He reminds me of an animal splashing in the water right before they drown - making alot of noise in a last ditch effort not to drown.

Sadly, as much as I would take great pleasure in posting on every story on their site discrediting the author and the subject, it would only bring the hits on their site up...which would make them report on it even more.

old loonie 17th April 2014 05:44 PM

plus its so boring and if i hav'nt said it once i have said it hundred times :You left dickhead end of story. thank god he did otherwise we would still be hearing Lol2 set list instead we have got smooth,sweat,soulful Dunc singing tunes wr aint heard right in years

nephertiti 17th April 2014 06:32 PM

and here is a massive twist

In the i which is a great 30p newspaper that I love....

the UB40 story (about the lady who had weak eardrums in Cambridgeshire )......

is re -written again there .....

with 2 photos of Ali Campbell ...as the lead singer of UB 40....

It is just so wrong on so many front I don't know where to start...

I really used to like the I .....what's happening ?? How could someone write a music column and be so careless....

JB40 17th April 2014 06:40 PM

Nooooooo !!

I don't want karaoke Campbell to take the credit for this :aagh::aagh:

nephertiti 17th April 2014 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JB40 (Post 1652765)
Nooooooo !!

I don't want karaoke Campbell to take the credit for this :aagh::aagh:

LOL ...I know ...didn't quite know how to handle it ......

Ps Nice use of emoticons.....

andyek 17th April 2014 07:52 PM

Stopped buying newspapers 18 months ago. never looked back since. Life's a lot brighter place without them !

nephertiti 17th April 2014 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nephertiti (Post 1652762)
and here is a massive twist

In the i which is a great 30p newspaper that I love....

the UB40 story (about the lady who had weak eardrums in Cambridgeshire )......

is re -written again there .....

with 2 photos of Ali Campbell ...as the lead singer of UB 40....

It is just so wrong on so many front I don't know where to start...

I really used to like the I .....what's happening ?? How could someone write a music column and be so careless....

and now .......IT IS UB40..... Am tellin ya .....note even using Loz's film as evidence ....

old loonie 17th April 2014 10:23 PM

you could never make the thin tinny sound that they produce give anyone sore ears. its sooooooooooooo funny ya know the anna woman who has been to 28 ub40 shows all with her idol i bet. fu-k her dopey idiot

thafonz 18th April 2014 05:05 PM

keep up the good work Mr. Brown!

Version Girl 18th April 2014 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Skeggs (Post 1652741)
Exactly right G, I have two examples;

1. One of my colleagues said the other day that she was going to see 'UB40' at Hatfield House I had to put her right, "oh no your not"
2. My brother text me last night do I want to go and see 'UB40' at the O2 indigo, again I had to explain, and NO I did not want to go.

In the words of Burning Spear (replace Christopher columbus with)

Aldi Campbell, is a damn blasted LIAR!

I've had 3 different colleagues tell me about 3 different shows, only 1 was correct with Uttoxeter. One had no idea of the split and thanked me for updating him.