UB40 Forums

UB40 Forums (http://ub40.global/forum/index.php)
-   UB40 Discussion (http://ub40.global/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Albums (http://ub40.global/forum/showthread.php?t=612744)

old loonie 2nd June 2014 02:13 PM

Albums

heard that someone on FB not liking GOTS ftom another site but it took me a while to get around this album and hearing it live has now got me hooked especially How will i get through, what a track that is. I never really liked Homegrown but there are times when it is played in my car so we all have opinions and choices of albums change du
ring each Month .At present my albums are in this order. Gots,Present Arms,LOL4,SO,Baggaridum

bt/ub40 2nd June 2014 10:14 PM

Cheers old loonie....yeah....its easier for us to get into new songs because we are working them from scratch, by the time you hear them we have had the time to get rid of or get used to all the stuff we didn't like about a tune. Its a beautiful medium music, the most abstract of all the arts, you can't see it, can't touch it BUT it can certainly touch us and make us feel what ever emotion we need to feel at that moment....and music is led 100% by freedom of choice...no one has to like a piece of music, when we do it becomes personal to us,it becomes precious, valuable and we develop a relationship with the expression...and on that basis when UB40 release a record we sincerely mean it, and its an honest sincere expression on our part....its true to say we don't always agree 100% on everything...thats the beauty of music..its led by freedom of choice...anyway....cheers comrade

old loonie 2nd June 2014 10:39 PM

thanks Brian . every one has an opinion a lot of the negativity is normally from people who have been heavily pushed to say that because they follow a person and feel the need to say it as part of their initiation to that site. if i had not continued to listen to GOTS and just said oh thats not great and pushed it to one side then i would never had got to love it like i do,these people are rubbishing it because well you know why. Homegrown i went to 7 shows on that tour and it was a very good tour but for whatever reason that album i thought on a personal opinion was a weaker one than usual but i do listen to it i just prefer others particularly the albums i listed above. anyway hope you and the Travers household are well and all the ubs. See you soon mate

Niggy_Dawg 3rd June 2014 02:03 PM

I'm not too keen on Homegrown either personally, it's definitely my least played UB album.
But others love it, consider it one of the best, which like Brian said that's the beauty of music, sometimes it can touch someone in ways it doesn't to someone else.
GOTS is like that, some people love the blend, others hate it.

As Jay-Z once rapped "If you don't like my record you can press fast forward".

GefferyMorgan 3rd June 2014 03:16 PM

I love GOTS because it's like UB40 are reaching out to people like me...I grew up around country music, but reggae is my love. It's so nice to hear the two blended together so well. So yeah, it has a special meaning to me. I can understand why some people don't like it...as country is one of those genres that's a lot like reggae....either you love it or you hate it. There's rarely an in-between state. That's the beauty of music though. One man's trash is another man's treasure. Means different things to different people. That's what makes it so awesome and unpredictable.

old loonie 3rd June 2014 03:37 PM

GITG is another i can bypass but i do love GITG track but some of the tracks on there to me are vocally not great but again my opinion but i di listen to it and just fast forward past tell me is it true and hurru come up. But i loved Cover up album i think because there was a lot of variety on that album and some superb tracks like walk on mi land and cover and look at me but early b track is awesome

caja 3rd June 2014 04:09 PM

i said years ago dunc should do on the other hand outcome is superb! some great songs on gots taboot...
love
chris ;-)

old loonie 3rd June 2014 04:13 PM

duncs vocals are effortless chris

caja 3rd June 2014 04:26 PM

true bud...

bt/ub40 4th June 2014 02:20 AM

cheers comrades....thanks for the friendship...