UB40 Forums

UB40 Forums (http://ub40.global/forum/index.php)
-   General Anarchy (http://ub40.global/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   2009 Tour de France (http://ub40.global/forum/showthread.php?t=592120)

BOR 18th June 2009 12:38 PM

2009 Tour de France

Are there any cycling enthusiasts on this bb.. Anyways, do you think Lance Armstrong will win his 8th Tour de France??

Bart 18th June 2009 01:22 PM

Never miss the TDF,not sure about Armstrong,been out of the saddle a few years and his recent injury will have hampered his training.

I just hope there are no drugs this year,takes all the headlines away from those riders who are clean and are naturally good sportsmen.....

Used to cycle around 40 miles a day myself a few years ago,age as caught up with me though lol

BOR 19th June 2009 12:01 PM

helow there bart.. thank you for the reply. i'm not yet sure if lance will win but from the look of things 2009 tdf is going to be a great race. i'll go with menchov,sastre,and the schleck brothers and of course with lance and his astana boys. will valverde join the tour?

i used to race mountain bikes, but beer and whisky has caught up on me.. lol...

Bart 20th June 2009 11:29 AM

I have a 12 gear racer and 18 gear mountain bike,not sure why I got a mountain bike seeing as Lincolnshire is as flat as a witches tit :D

Will have to get them out and get this flab off...

I just hope that it is a close race,don't like when one rider gets a huge lead early on and it then just to see who can claim second :)

BOR 21st June 2009 07:04 AM

good for you.. I'm actually a mountain biker, and i am dyin' to have a road bike but my dad won't buy one for me... anyways, do you join competitions/races??

Bart 21st June 2009 09:18 PM

No mate,just cycle for fun and fitness,nothing like a ride on a sunny day with a gentle breeze blowing :)

Bart 8th July 2009 12:24 PM

Excellent racing so far,Monday's breakaway by the Cavendish group was awesome and yesterdays Astana team time trial to close the gap on the leader was racing at it's best.Just hope it continues and that drugs are not an issue.

BOR 8th July 2009 02:15 PM

there's more stages to go bart.. i'm excited for the mount ventoux stage.. Astana is going to be a force to reckon with in this year's tour

Bart 8th July 2009 05:25 PM

The only problem Astana will have is sorting out the number one rider,there are three possibly four if Leipheimer gets his act together soon,to chose from and I don't think Armstrong will want to play domestique for anyone after his seven wins...

johnny 2 bad 10th July 2009 09:48 PM

My brother still loves his bike and his cycling,also watching the Tour de france and the Tour of Britain etc...These guys are supreme athletes and very underated with sponsorship etc.. :roll: With cycling anywhere in the region of 150 miles a day most consecutive days this is a truly gruelling sport..All the best to them... :bouncered: