UB40 Forums

UB40 Forums (http://ub40.global/forum/index.php)
-   UB40 Discussion (http://ub40.global/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   UB40 Global Autumn tour starts 2nd Oct (http://ub40.global/forum/showthread.php?t=613349)

nephertiti 1st October 2015 11:05 PM

UB40 Global Autumn tour starts 2nd Oct

And good luck most gorgeous boys ...looking forward to stalking and catching you ....cant wait to hear ...hope you haven't droppedPRESENT ARMS .........excitement building x x x :bouncelblue::bouncegrey:

Linda C 2nd October 2015 09:41 AM

woo hoo, 6 more sleeps...

nephertiti 2nd October 2015 05:33 PM

It is indeed :) ..... And tonight Bexhill x x will be brilliant !!

Version Girl 2nd October 2015 11:06 PM

Bexhill was brilliant. Managed to watch via periscope.....thanks to those who make it possible. I can't wait until Tuesday now :grin:

nephertiti 3rd October 2015 12:20 AM

I watched bits like a naughty school girl , bur did not want to spoil any of the excitement at a different setlist ...there is always that trembling pre- gig delight .....bubbling up...better than anything money could buy x x

Linda C 3rd October 2015 09:12 AM

I was the same, didn't want to spoil any surprises!

Version Girl 3rd October 2015 01:30 PM

LOL @ naughty schoolgirl.......tuned in just in time to be surprised :bouncepurple: :bouncered: :friends: :beer:

Junkie Rock Star 3rd October 2015 04:05 PM

I watched it all, twice! So cool being able to sit on the other side of the world and see it all live.... Periscope rocks! Some interesting changes in the setlist, one specifically which surprised me (in a good way) the way they did it....

Let's hope there are going to be periscope enabled people at more of them....

swanie 4th October 2015 04:41 PM

It was so great to watch through periscope... Been singing along with all songs. It made my weekend great. Roll on 28 october!!!

Starshine007 4th October 2015 11:06 PM

It was an awesome start to this leg of the tour. The 3 new 'old' songs were a real treat and it was great to listen to the crowd sing a verse of KT on their own with no help needed from the band. I think most people know I could live without it, but when the crowd takes over it even warms my cockles :wink:

lynnie4ub40 5th October 2015 10:30 PM

Oh yes absolutely awesome, fantastic night, blew me away, thoroughly enjoyed every second! Thanks UB40! And my cockles are well and truely warmed too :beer::beer::friends::love:xxxxx

lynnie4ub40 5th October 2015 10:44 PM

Out of all the gigs I've been to, last year and this, I think the audiance at Bexhill made the most noise during the encore. The loudest I can remember. The boys looked quite touched when they came back on!
They look so happy on stage, it spreads through the music into the audiance. I'm totally addicted to UB40 gigs. You have the best music the best time! Roll on next time! Xxxxx

one love 6th October 2015 07:11 AM

Can't wait till they come to Holland again :bounce:

wildcat 6th October 2015 01:32 PM

I managed to avoid Periscope, as I wanted it to be a surprise, and MY GOD it was! Happy Wildcat :)

Chronic 6th October 2015 04:55 PM

Sounds really good. Can't wait for Brixton now. Chronic

nephertiti 6th October 2015 09:06 PM

Milton Keynes tonight and Glasgow Thursday :) It's happening :) x x

Luci Lockit 13th October 2015 10:37 AM

Periscope is for people who sneak down on xmas morning and open their pressies all on their own, coz they just cant wait for everyone. I ruddy hate it! lol
But you all know that.
One or two songs, fine. Whole show? Bootlegging!!
Thats my opinion and you wont change it :P

Luci Lockit 13th October 2015 10:39 AM

Cant get used to not being on blinkin' facebook- keep trying to "like" everything lol

swanie 13th October 2015 08:15 PM

Luci... I saw your reply earlier on fb, and when I was at work I thought about it... I give you my opinion on how I felt when I saw the concert on periscope. I am very excited to go and see ub40.. When I watched the concert it made me feel like a little child again... Here we have something called sinterklaas... You see him arrive in holland somewhere in november on tv and on 5 december he brings the presents. In the time between november and december you see him sometimes in the shops etc. And you get excited and happy etc. For the first time since a long time I felt that kind of happiness again. To me it was like a present that I saw the concert and like the excitement of that sinterklaas figure from long time ago, you know it will end up to something wonderfull which is the concert in real life.

Junkie Rock Star 13th October 2015 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luci Lockit (Post 1659192)

I discovered most of the music i listen to (and buy) through bootlegs :)

did you never buy a cassette from a dodgy guy's car boot ever? I used to dream of living in England just so I could go to Camden market and do just that.. And of course when I eventually got to London, its one of the first things I did!

Starshine007 13th October 2015 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie Rock Star (Post 1659206)
I discovered most of the music i listen to (and buy) through bootlegs :)

did you never buy a cassette from a dodgy guy's car boot ever? I used to dream of living in England just so I could go to Camden market and do just that.. And of course when I eventually got to London, its one of the first things I did!

Ahhh the Camden Market bootlegs I remember (looking at them) well. Dodgy recordings sold by even dodgier looking geezers :laff: Camden's just not the same anymore...

My thoughts on Periscope - particularly Saturday night? I was excited as a very excited thing to see what I thought would be the odd song. I couldn't believe we got to see virtually the whole gig and I did think it was strange but could I walk away? Afraid not....

pgb 13th October 2015 08:52 PM

Not long for us pftttt ��

Starshine007 13th October 2015 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgb (Post 1659210)
Not long for us pftttt ��

Paula :grin: Got your nun's habit out since you're back here? :wink:

pgb 13th October 2015 09:13 PM

Yes Michele i have, now I allso have to say 10 hail mary's, because I am swearing like a dockworker. Doing this on mobile is no fun hahaha
Can't even see the emoticons. ((Biggrinn))

Starshine007 13th October 2015 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgb (Post 1659213)
Yes Michele i have, now I allso have to say 10 hail mary's, because I am swearing like a dockworker. Doing this on mobile is no fun hahaha
Can't even see the emoticons. ((Biggrinn))

I still remember how to type some of the emoticons :grin:

:laff: :laff: at the swearing like a dockworker. Wouldn't believe it of you :-P

pgb 13th October 2015 09:27 PM

:shame: better believe it. Hubby is not so pleased with me at the moment. :ooh::mrgreen:
Found the emoticons :roll:

Starshine007 13th October 2015 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgb (Post 1659215)
:shame: better believe it. Hubby is not so pleased with me at the moment. :ooh::mrgreen:
Found the emoticons :roll:

Aww I'm sure Huub will forgive you the language :haha:

nephertiti 13th October 2015 11:43 PM

Lol ..i am sure its is quite figivable x x

hickpaul.96 14th October 2015 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luci Lockit (Post 1659192)
Periscope is for people who sneak down on xmas morning and open their pressies all on their own, coz they just cant wait for everyone. I ruddy hate it! lol
But you all know that.

I'm not so sure, I think periscope is a pretty cool medium for those that want to support and cheer on from a distance, also for those who perhaps can't get to a gig. I think it creates lots of excitement for our likkle community and after all, the broadcasts are only going out to a few people here and there (as opposed being live on ITV:mrgreen:)
I'll tell you summat tho....these iphone batteries would last a whole show lol

Junkie Rock Star 15th October 2015 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hickpaul.96 (Post 1659225)
the broadcasts are only going out to a few people here and there (as opposed being live on ITV:mrgreen:)

is someone working on getting them live on TV :)