UB40 Forums

UB40 Forums (http://ub40.global/forum/index.php)
-   UB40 Discussion (http://ub40.global/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Ipswich Town the place I like to be ........ (http://ub40.global/forum/showthread.php?t=613370)

queenv 16th October 2015 09:49 PM

Ipswich Town the place I like to be ........

I just thought I would write my review for the Ipswich gig, which was brilliant. I must just start by saying; I am yet to travel to a UB40 concert without a hitch and true to form Tuesday was no different! Traffic queues, red lights, roundabouts (who invented those things!!) and with a driver (my ex) who seemed to be carrying out re-enactments of scenes from Fast and Furious!!! :aagh::aagh::aagh::aagh: Omg, my poor nerves were in tatters by the time I arrived at Ipswich!! But thankfully, I knew that wouldn’t last……….

True to form the guys put on a stunning performance and had the crowds singing and dancing all night. :bouncegrey::bouncegrey::bouncegrey: DJ Gold provided a superb prelude to the show, playing one great choon after the other. The atmosphere was electric by the time the band arrived on stage. The song choices were fabulous and the delivery first class. It never ceases to amaze me, as to how with such a gruelling schedule you all still deliver an excellent concert night after night.

Unfortunately, due to circumstances out of our control we missed the Meet and Greet session and I would like to thank the promoters/band for allowing us to come backstage after the show. It was an absolute pleasure to chat and hopefully convey our gratitude for the years of pleasure your music has brought to us. You were all such lovely down to earth talented individuals and for me it was a dream come true to actually meet some of you.

Thank you so much DJ Alex Gold for collecting all of those autographs for us (my gosh) we were stunned that you got them all. Also thanks to Brian for the sticky logos which will be proudly displayed, to Norman for a lovely chat and Robin and Duncan who were both lovely and sooooo funny.
Wishing you all continued success and enjoyment on the tour.

QueenV

puma 16th October 2015 10:53 PM

Great review V. Always a drama for you on gig night lol.
So pleased you got to meet the guys afterwards. X

lynnie4ub40 16th October 2015 11:01 PM

Oh Queen V! How brilliant, so pleased for you Hun xxxx:bouncepurple::bouncepurple::bouncepurple:

queenv 18th October 2015 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puma (Post 1659268)
Great review V. Always a drama for you on gig night lol.
So pleased you got to meet the guys afterwards. X

Puma it's been the same for years, every concert without exception ..... I could write a book "Escapades on the Road to UB40"; however, it's worth it every time and I'd do it all again .......

queenv 18th October 2015 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnie4ub40 (Post 1659269)
Oh Queen V! How brilliant, so pleased for you Hun xxxx:bouncepurple::bouncepurple::bouncepurple:

Lyn it was amazing, we were excited, nervous and so happy to meet them. It was a dream come true and one we will never forget.

Junkie Rock Star 18th October 2015 03:03 PM

Queen V, do you know if they sang Ipswich Town during KT?

Everytime I open this forum and see this topic, I think I'm on the ITFC forum instead :)

nephertiti 18th October 2015 07:14 PM

Lovely Fab review QueenB ... Bounces of the page and totally great that you got to meet them ...many happy returns ...

Version Girl 18th October 2015 07:38 PM

Great review, thanks :mrgreen:

queenv 18th October 2015 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie Rock Star (Post 1659281)
Queen V, do you know if they sang Ipswich Town during KT?

Everytime I open this forum and see this topic, I think I'm on the ITFC forum instead :)

Yes they did and I was singing my heart out too Junkie Rock Star ...... not that the team has done very much since 1977 and 1981 :shame: :shame: :shame:

But just to add a little football flavour to the thread (clearing voice)

Blue is the colour, football is the game
We're all together, and winning is our aim
So cheer us on through the sun and rain
'Cause Ipswich, Ipswich is our name

queenv 18th October 2015 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Version Girl (Post 1659286)
Great review, thanks :mrgreen:

Thank you Version Girl, its a pleasure to share.