UB40 Forums

UB40 Forums (http://ub40.global/forum/index.php)
-   UB40 Discussion (http://ub40.global/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   labour of love IV cd artwork + info + tracklisting (http://ub40.global/forum/showthread.php?t=595426)

ubnormie 10th December 2009 12:25 PM

labour of love IV cd artwork + info + tracklisting

hello all,

just find out:

UB40 Labour Of Love IV UK CD ALBUM (492651)

greetings and respect

Ubnormie

LABOUR OF LOVE IV
2010 UK 14-track CD album
On 1st February UB40 will release 'Labour Of Love IV', their first Labour of Love album since 1998's 'Labour of Love III', and coming just in time for Valentines Day! Literally millions of people from across the globe have developed a love for Jamaican music after hearing UB40, and the band's commitment to their early influences is as strong as ever.
The 'Labour of Love' series began in 1983, with a number one album and number one single ('Red, Red Wine'). This was followed in 1989 by 'LOL II', which spawned a no.4 single ('Kingston Town') and two US Billboard Top 10s. Another Top 10 album, 'LOL III', and single ('Come Back, Darling') was released in 1998.
'Labour Of Love IV' continues what has become a passion for the band; to share their love of reggae classics, some well-known, some not so. Recorded at the band's Reflex Studios in Birmingham in the Spring 2009, the album comprises 14 tracks. Covers such as Delroy Wilson ('Close To Me'), John Holt songs ('I Don't Want To See You Cry' & 'Man Next Door') and Rocksteady vocal groups the Melodians ('Get Along Without You Now') and The Paragons ('Holiday') bestow this new album with an infectious sense of joy.
American soul stars Smokey Robinson ('Tracks Of My Tears'), Sam Cooke ('Bring It On Home To Me') and Johnny Nash need no introduction here, except these songs were hugely popular within Caribbean communities, and had a lasting impact upon UB40 themselves. Johnny Nash was the first overseas' act to cover a Bob Marley song and his 'Cream Puff' is a little-known gem from the very early seventies, when the Texan singer was being billed as "the King Of Reggae" in England.
'Labour Of Love IV' is the first to feature another talented Campbell brother, Duncan, on lead vocals. Duncan would have been one of UB40's vocalists right from the start had he not turned them down to pursue adventures around the world. Usually, when a world-famous band changes their lead singer, the transition isn't exactly seamless. Duncan was a natural choice however - not only because he's family and has a style that's similar to Ali's, but also because he sings with such feeling, like a man who's come to claim his rightful legacy. Robin, Astro, Norman and Earl also sing lead vocals on various tracks on the album, and such versatility - twinned with UB40's remarkable consistency - make it another wonderful addition to the series.

released 1st February 2010

rockin robot returns 10th December 2009 12:29 PM

thanks for putting that up, a good read..

date may be different for release tough.

Chronic 10th December 2009 01:29 PM

Thanks Ubnormie. I have a new background for my home pc with the Labour of Love 4 artwork!!!!!!!

Best regards

Chronic

champane 10th December 2009 01:52 PM

aw many thanks mate xxxx

j59 10th December 2009 02:20 PM

Love that!

Thanks Normie

love jx

ellibobs 10th December 2009 02:22 PM

Thank you for the post - can't wait :bounce:

Starshine007 10th December 2009 04:18 PM

Thanks for the heads up Normie :D