UB40 Forums

UB40 Forums (http://ub40.global/forum/index.php)
-   UB40 Discussion (http://ub40.global/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Question For Loonies (http://ub40.global/forum/showthread.php?t=604750)

rhondda rudie 14th December 2011 11:18 PM

Question For Loonies

Who was your favourite band before UB40 came on the scene?

For me is was probably The Police.I think Sting is an incredible songwriter although I must admit he gets on my nerves when I see him interviewed.:grin:Also loved The Specials,The Beat,The Undertones and XTC.

Groovy 40 15th December 2011 12:04 AM

i was into ska myself Tom :smokin:

so that'd cover Madness, Specials, Selector, Bad Manners etc

UK Warrior 15th December 2011 06:31 AM

The Specials and Blondie, but loved reggae in general as well.

ANiMALicious 15th December 2011 07:05 AM

I'm with groovey... Liked me Ska, the who jam etc.
Also liked reggae but as I'm only young...

Ani

raamatukogu 15th December 2011 10:18 AM

I like Procol Harum and Ruja, band from Estonia.
One small example here:

raggamuffin2008 15th December 2011 10:29 AM

for it was ub40 from day 1 and also Black Uhuru

mrClaypole 15th December 2011 10:32 AM

I dont have a favourite band, its impossible to pick one that I love more than another,I have bands I always comeback too after the inital honeymoon period has gone, they tend to be ub40, the Specials and Madness and the other 2 tone lot. I also love punk music my favourite beign the Damned.

But no band is above the other, its hard for me too choose as I just LOVE music, every form.

But the band that set my love of music in me was "THE BEATLES" particulary John Lennons contribution. If it wasnt for them I wouldnt be into anything musical. I loved them when I was a kid, I would lock myself in my bedroom when I was very young and turn the lights off and just LISTEN, over and over again too Revolver, Ive never had that feeling again of when the first time I heard "Tomorrow never knows" filling my head with all sorts of possibilties.
They are the reason I took up the guitar, the reason why I filled note book after notebook of (mostly terrible) songs I tried to write.

Starshine007 15th December 2011 11:53 AM

Didn't really have an ultimate fave pre UB days unless you count the Rollers when I was 7! Since UBs? A few, but none that I would trek out of London for too often.

littlecrow 15th December 2011 12:54 PM

Loved the 60's stuff cos thats wat i was brought up on , but soon as my brother got a hifi i used to nick his stuff .. frankie goes to hollywood,( in fact i still have his Lp) Madness, The Beat, Ska stuff and Adam and the Ants. ( Marco Meric.terrielee.Gary tibs) What Choons ,,lol

hickpaul.96 15th December 2011 01:04 PM

I was merely a twinkle in my Dads eye.....until just before RRW was released.:big wink:

Ive always liked Motown though: Sam Cooke, For Tops, Smokey R, Drifters etc..

Paul