PDA

View Full Version : its so sad

roseo
24th February 2014, 12:09 PM
That the positive force which has been UB 40 for so many years has been degraded by all of the negativity surrounding the Ali camp.
I have followed both sides since the split, was happy to see Ali Campbell, legendary voice of, was excited by LOL4 with Duncan,s vocal, enjoyed the evolution on both sides but I have never seen such appalling behaviour as the theft of the brand UB 40. I know nobody owes me a thing, but I feel let down by how Ali, Astro have so publicly stabbed their lifelong friends in the heart and seem to be enjoying it. I think, like a lot of folks, the songs and messages within, have given me hope and seen me through some tough times, and this latest debacle has destroyed all that.
I finally see exactly where the problem lies and I will no longer go and see Ali, not as UB 40, because he is,nt. That is very sad as I have been a lifetime fan. I just hope that somewhere, somehow he can be rescued from himself.
I see a lot of people saying what a piece of work he is, not many who have a good word, and understandably given recent events, but I have met him a couple of times in the early days and he was sweet, just a lad with a dream, obviously before he got lost in his `stardom` but wouldn't it be nice if he could get back to that.
Rose xx

GefferyMorgan
24th February 2014, 12:15 PM
Welcome to the board, Roseo! I think a lot of people feel the same way you do. And yes, it would be nice if Ali would come to his senses and wright the ship, but perhaps that ship has sailed? He's alienated so many people....it would be difficult for him to fix it now. But who knows?

roseo
25th February 2014, 09:34 AM
Thank you for responding to my post x
I guess I didnt want to see bad in somebody who has influenced my life in such a positive way. I hope there is a way forward, back to at least an acceptance between the two camps, because all I can see is hurt. Things always get said in the heat of the moment that we live to regret, but sorry seems to be a good starting point. I sincerely hope Ali is big enough to do it

Sal
26th February 2014, 07:00 PM
I just hope that somewhere, somehow he can be rescued from himself.

Welcome Rose :smile:.....totally share your sentiments. I'm sure there are many of us on here who can relate to your comments. Nice to meet you.....enjoy the site :wink:

roseo
27th February 2014, 04:58 PM
Thank you for your welcome Sal, it's a big place and quite daunting, so a friendly face is very welcome xx

GefferyMorgan
27th February 2014, 05:10 PM
It certainly would be a very nice thing to have the two camps come to at least some sort of understanding with each other...but I think it would take a lot of humility on the part of Ali and Astro for that to occur...and going by Ali's track record at least, it doesn't seem likely. It's a very sad thing to say, but some people don't want to be helped and will never see where they went wrong. I hope it isn't the case here. Maybe one day soon we will hear some good news about them all reconciling or at least meeting each other on level terms.

Lea-Adella
14th May 2014, 10:05 PM
I agree it's sad that they lost Ali and Astro and of course Mickey but they gained an amazing vocalist in Duncan and an amazing keyboard player in Tony, but I think the latest tour reviews proved that they are not partially missed. :-D

Vijay b
28th July 2014, 08:42 PM
I think the real ub40 have behaved impeccabley where as Ali continues to reinvent history for his own gain. Disgusting behaviour to say the least.