PDA

View Full Version : When is review

Phil the Brit
6th February 2014, 06:34 AM
Joined a few days ago now and waiting for review, just wondering how long it takes?

Luci Lockit
12th February 2014, 09:39 AM
Really sorry Phil

I have been without a lap top the past few days, and not able to respond to this website!
Welcome!

Luci Lockit x

Phil the Brit
23rd February 2014, 07:04 AM
Many thanks, I knew something had to be wrong
Phil

San Diego
28th February 2014, 06:28 PM
Gawd Phil, don't let her off the hook so easily, she's been such a slacker lately. :evil:

Phil the Brit
28th February 2014, 06:43 PM
Thought I was being ignored :-)
I have tickets for three gigs this year so far.
One thing I would like to debate with anyone who is interested ......I saw UB40 in Cocoa Beach Florida (on the beach) and me and Mrs Brit voted it as one of the top five gigs we had ever attended. Saw them in Brentwood Essex a few weeks later and it was one of the worst gigs we ever went to. The atmosphere was totally different!
Has anyone else ever had this kind of experience?

Luci Lockit
28th February 2014, 07:28 PM
Phil make another post- I wonder if that will be enough to get you on to the "big boys" board. I do hope so, I feel bad for leaving you in here!
I cant answer that question- wonder if it was because you were on the beach the first time in the sun? And was it you or them? lol

Phil the Brit
1st March 2014, 06:43 AM
To be honest I know why the concerts were so different in terms of enjoyment. It was mainly because at Brentwood gig we were surrounded by chavvy aggressive rude people who though it was quite acceptable to push in to the front of the beer queue, spill some over you on moving away and the not apologise for doing so......amongst other things like every other word was f... or c....

rhondda rudie
1st March 2014, 09:55 AM
Thought I was being ignored :-)
I have tickets for three gigs this year so far.
One thing I would like to debate with anyone who is interested ......I saw UB40 in Cocoa Beach Florida (on the beach) and me and Mrs Brit voted it as one of the top five gigs we had ever attended. Saw them in Brentwood Essex a few weeks later and it was one of the worst gigs we ever went to. The atmosphere was totally different!
Has anyone else ever had this kind of experience?

Welcome Phil.:-DSame sort of thing happened to my wife and I at an outdoor gig at Cardiff Castle.Drunks spoiling it for everyone.Not the band's fault,they played a blinder as usual.Security can make or break a gig.

roseo
1st March 2014, 10:54 AM
Hi Phil, same as you regarding the attitude of some concert goers. I had managed to be able to wait patiently at the front (not at UB40 gig, the other fella) at Happy Days, last year. Just myself and a friend, and we were surrounded by drunken, obnoxious people who were getting louder and more aggressive as the day went on. In fact at one point a very rude woman, pushed me hard in the back. No need for that, other than I had sat patiently all day in that spot instead of beer tent hanging and then pushing my way to the front. Security were good that day, but in fairness they can't really control the crowd in any significant way.
I don't think indoor/outdoor makes a difference, was at Liverpool Cathedral in November (my birthday btw lol) and EVERYTHING was amazing.
I would also like to say that I have seen the band many, many times, both with Ali and Duncan at the mic and NEVER been disappointed. I actually think the evolution since the little fellas departure has taken the lads further than they could have got with Ali. They are slick, smooth, tight and the love and respect they have for one another is apparent and spills over their audience. Not many bands have that, it's more commercial links than emotional, Ali doesn't have that with Dep, which is why I believe that he is failing.
Anyway, seeing as I am veering off topic, I will shut up lol

Phil the Brit
2nd March 2014, 07:24 PM
You know myself and Mrs Brit have a diverse mix of Bands we like. We regularly debate "top 5 gigs ever".
UB40 Cocoa Beach Florida UB40 is in both of our top fives. We stayed at the Hilton about two miles away and spent a very enjoyable after concert evening with the bands manager at the bar discussing.....well all kinds of stuff, a really nice fella. The band stayed there as well, saw them next morning, they were checking out same time as us, never asked them for autographs though, I guess I am not the autograph hunting type of person.