PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

Yasmin Bailey
7th December 2013, 06:23 PM
Dear all,

I have the honour to post as first a post in the newbies forum! And since I've promised 'someone' to hurry up to post something... here it is!(FINALLY, LOL):bounce:

Let me introduce myself...
I am Yasmin Bailey, a 28 year old singer-songwriter from the Netherlands. I live in a small village and soon will move to Germany or England to make a living there. But before I do that, I first have to orientate on where I exactly want to live... near what city etc. etc. Maybe also good to know is that I am searching for a great job in communications. 8-) Any suggestions are very welcome!!!

My hobbies are singing, writing lyrics, playing alto saxophone, playing keyboard, playing guitar, making my own websites and landscape & animal photography. Must be way more, but for now I can't come up with any more...

My interests are communications, employer branding, music, creativity, watching good movies with good plots, animals, nature, sports... actually I am going to the gym, tree till four times a week. I practice zumba, TRX and regular fitness.

Maybe this all sounds boring. But who said I was one piece of entertainment?! :jester:

Maybe some more information about my singing and songwriting? My influences --> Katie Melua, Norah Jones, Marie Digby but most of all I just write and figure out a composition by myself or with my best friend Steven. He's an awesome (bass)guitar player!!!
My songs are about things that happened in my life, but also about the lives of friends or even people I don't know. In the past, I once wrote a strong song... Everyone interpreted it in his own way. And the actual meaning behind that song was something WAY different then what they came up with. That's what's is so great about writing songs. I love it! I just finished writing a song for a friend of mine, who's going through a rough time. It wasn't that easy to find the words, but I am happy enough with the final result. But as a perfectionist... I'm never that much satisfied. That's a bummer! :banghead:

Music I like to listen to: Of course UB40! Been to their concert in Steenwijk last November 30. It was great, mythical! It was a present for my parents their 34th wedding anniversary!!! Besides UB40, I like to listen to the White Stripes, Goldfrapp, Nine Inch Nails, Massive Attack, Radiohead, Portishead, Hooverphonics, Alanis Morissette, Incubus, Coldplay (their old songs from the beginning), Rage against the machine, Queens of the stone age, Norah Jones, Katie Melua, sometimes Marie Digby when I'm in a upper sweet girly mood and when I really want to relax on a Sunday I can just insert a dvd in the player of Yanni and hang on the couch!

What to tell more? This is already sooooo much!!!

Well if there's anything I forgot or you want to know, you can all ask me about it. I'll try to react as soon as possible.

Oh by the way... I'm also having my own website: Home (http://www.yasminbailey.com)
But there's not much to see yet, since I'm still in doubt about the visual creativity and what I want to share on it. But at least my music of course, but for now nothing is there to be seen. :roll:

Okay, this is it for now...

With love,

Yasmin Bailey

Luci Lockit
9th December 2013, 05:07 PM
Welcome Yasmin! \

Im glad you finally made it lol

(Yasmin has been talking about joining here for a while when we found ourselves chatting on the Facebook page a couple of weeks ago after she came back from the concert)

Now post lots and entertain us lol
Luci Lockit xxx

rhondda rudie
9th December 2013, 05:19 PM
Welcome Yasmin.:-D

ANiMALicious
9th December 2013, 05:48 PM
Hi, welcome to loopyland oh I mean loonieland ;-)

have fun and watch out for the politiburo.... they'll ask hundreds of questions!!

Ani

Yasmin Bailey
9th December 2013, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the replies. I figured out that I'm not that popular yet. Need to work on my awareness.

Hahaha... now I'm curious about the 'politiebureau'-story.:smokin:
For them who don't know what 'politiebureau' means... It's about the police station. Have been there quite a few times. But just for declarations, I'm just not that naughty (she said). But I know (very well) how to get myself into trouble all the time. 'nuffff said! I am here to entertain. Not to bother...

I will try my best to finish one of my songs I've written these days. But first things first... When the mission is completed, I will inform you about it. Personally I am against covers, but maybe I should try to do a cover in my own style of UB40 one day. Who knows...

Ta-ta!!!!

-Yasmin

Luci Lockit
10th December 2013, 10:47 AM
Hi Yasmin
I think people need to get used to this Newbies box.. I would rather not have it, but its hopefully a spam catcher to stop the nightmare of last week. I couldnt see the board for spam and there was too much to even delete. No one here could see it as thats my job, to keep it away, but it was hell lol
You only have to make five posts in here before you're allowed to play with the big boys though :wink:
Keep posting, three to go lol
Luci Lockit xx

ANiMALicious
10th December 2013, 12:11 PM
Ill post anywhere luci you know that ;-)

Lol

Ani

Yasmin Bailey
10th December 2013, 12:36 PM
Hiyaaah Luci,

That's not of any big deal for me... in the meantime you must have figured that out! :blush:

I think it's a good idea to have this newbies forum. It's also an opportunity for others to introduce themselves, instead of immediately replying on other posts. So, no matter what the reason is behind this forum. It's a good initiative anyway! But I'm wondering if I said too much? Because noone is really interested in who Yasmin Bailey is... :roll: Hahahaha... I don't get any questions! So not much to answer! The truth is hard... ;-) *Is walking to a corner of the room and crying like a little baby* :cry:

I think this desperate attempt of me to win some 'souls' isn't working either. :square:

Okay... I'm exit!:arrow:

Aaron A
13th December 2013, 05:15 AM
Hi Yasmin,

Im a pharmacist, and here in the State we have an oral contraceptive (birth control) pill called Yasmin. Sooooooooo there ya have it. I'll just get back to counting then.

Aaron.

GefferyMorgan
13th December 2013, 06:05 AM
Welcome to the board, Yasmin! Glad to hear you are a musician. Music is awesome and it's something you can carry with you all your life, so keep up the good work! :beer:

Yasmin Bailey
13th December 2013, 01:43 PM
Hi Yasmin,

Im a pharmacist, and here in the State we have an oral contraceptive (birth control) pill called Yasmin. Sooooooooo there ya have it. I'll just get back to counting then.

Aaron.

LOL! I know, we have the same here in NL. We also have Diane. (I rather prefer birth control pills on name of materials, like desogestrel/ethinylestradiol...lol... it sounds bad to say... I'm 'taking' Diane or I 'swallow' Diane).

But I already knew, when I was younger I was a practicing nurse, but I switched and now I am a prof in strategic communication --> Preference and best in Marketingcommunication.

Back in the days I was taking care of a horse, that gave birth to a foal... we needed to give him the name Aaron. :P Because the papers said so! :P

Yasmin Bailey
13th December 2013, 01:46 PM
Welcome to the board, Yasmin! Glad to hear you are a musician. Music is awesome and it's something you can carry with you all your life, so keep up the good work! :beer:

Thanks Geffery!
I'm a combination of several things together. WOW, that sounds BAD... but it's good by the way... So may I conclude you're a musician as well?

Cheers!

Luci Lockit
15th December 2013, 10:33 AM
Woo hoo Yasmin, I do believe you can now post on the rest of the board. Im not sure I like this segregation.. may have to have a word with our Ash.
But anyhoooo, run free little bird!! lol

Yasmin Bailey
15th December 2013, 03:49 PM
Hi Luci,

Why you don't like this segregation? Okay, it can be of a big deal for some out there, but I think it's also an opportunity to get to know the person behind the post. By keeping it this way, it's also more personal. But I do understand that you maybe like it to be less personal. At least as you figured out, it wasn't of any big deal for me... :kiss:

- Yasmin

Maid Marion
25th December 2013, 09:55 PM
Welcome Yasmin, Enjoy your time here

Phil the Brit
31st January 2014, 03:59 PM
Don't mind the segregation really, I guess you have to check us out first!