PDA

View Full Version : we're all in it together. part 107 [or is it 108?]

JB40
3rd July 2013, 07:55 PM
Tory traitor, ex-labourite, 'lord' freud has suggested that the rise in the use of food banks in the UK isn't anything to do with his governments welfare policies. He claims that more people are using food banks because the british people love a freebie, not because they actually NEED food.

Let's take a closer look.

To qualify to visit food banks you have to get a referal from either a job centre, your GP, or a social worker and other welfare professionals. This allows you to Q up for a small parcel of tinned and dried food.

'lord' freud reckons the average brit will book an appointment, or sign on, or negotiate the twisted corridors of local government JUST so that they can claim a small box of meagre rations for free

'lord' freud claims £300 plus expenses EVERY DAY from the tax-payers purse, just for turning up to the house of 'lords'.

rhondda rudie
3rd July 2013, 09:52 PM
So it's alright for us to subsidise his food then.:???::roll:

MrGhost-F.G.E
3rd July 2013, 11:54 PM
you'd expect him to say that really.....
the day when a polititian turns round and says.

"" well its a shit policy, but its the best idea we've got, we cant possibly touch our friends in high places, because im one of them, and why should i,
when i leave politics i need a job that will keep me in the current lifestyle
i deserve, so, as much as i want to help the poor, i cant,
i have to help myself first""

Saad
4th July 2013, 02:10 PM
Tory traitor, ex-labourite, 'lord' freud has suggested that the rise in the use of food banks in the UK isn't anything to do with his governments welfare policies. He claims that more people are using food banks because the british people love a freebie, not because they actually NEED food.

Let's take a closer look.

To qualify to visit food banks you have to get a referal from either a job centre, your GP, or a social worker and other welfare professionals. This allows you to Q up for a small parcel of tinned and dried food.

'lord' freud reckons the average brit will book an appointment, or sign on, or negotiate the twisted corridors of local government JUST so that they can claim a small box of meagre rations for free

'lord' freud claims £300 plus expenses EVERY DAY from the tax-payers purse, just for turning up to the house of 'lords'.

In a country as wealthy as the UK it is criminal & immoral that people have to visit foodbanks to get enough to eat.

What I hate even more is when these Shelters open up in the Christmas period for the homeless who are then back on the street for another 50 weeks. why aren't they helped to get off the streets permanently or am I stupid................

JB40
4th July 2013, 05:42 PM
here's something I found on-line.

'Here is something which not generally known and is certainly not reported in the media. Food banks, the Trussell Trust in particular, are big business with close links to the Tory party. Where there's poverty there's a way to make money!

Though the Trussell Trust describes itself as a ‘apolitical Christian charity,’ it is in fact controlled by Neil Atkins, Conservative Party Councillor and Mayor of Worthing, and Chris Mould of the Shaftesbury Partnership, an organisation which defines itself as a ‘social business’ committed to ’21st Century social reform.’ The co-founder of the Shaftesbury Partnership was Nat Wei, an experienced venture capitalist who was appointed Chief Advisor on the ‘Big Society’ in May 2010. Also involved are Dominic Llywellyn, a Conservative Party Candidate at the 2001 election, who co-authored many of the current Big Society policies, and Anthony Hawkins, who planned the implementation of Conservative policies in the Get Britain Working Manifesto.’

The Trussell Trust Food Banks are proving to be highly profitable. The only organisation of its kind, there are now over 200 operating across Britain, with 128,967 using them in 2011. Experts predict that this figure will rise to half a million by 2015. Much of this growth is attributable to the Trust actively courting church organisations to set up banks. Prospective organisations pay £1500 in set-up fees plus a ‘small annual donation,’ and can expect to face costs between £10,000 and £18,000 a year. They must also use the Trussell Trust Branding. ‘Starting a food bank,” the Trust website claims, “is a great way to help those in crisis in your own community, by providing boxes of nutritionally balanced food and support. The food bank collects tinned and dried food from the public at supermarkets, churches, schools and other local groups.’

Saad
4th July 2013, 06:04 PM
here's something I found on-line.

'Here is something which not generally known and is certainly not reported in the media. Food banks, the Trussell Trust in particular, are big business with close links to the Tory party. Where there's poverty there's a way to make money!

Though the Trussell Trust describes itself as a ‘apolitical Christian charity,’ it is in fact controlled by Neil Atkins, Conservative Party Councillor and Mayor of Worthing, and Chris Mould of the Shaftesbury Partnership, an organisation which defines itself as a ‘social business’ committed to ’21st Century social reform.’ The co-founder of the Shaftesbury Partnership was Nat Wei, an experienced venture capitalist who was appointed Chief Advisor on the ‘Big Society’ in May 2010. Also involved are Dominic Llywellyn, a Conservative Party Candidate at the 2001 election, who co-authored many of the current Big Society policies, and Anthony Hawkins, who planned the implementation of Conservative policies in the Get Britain Working Manifesto.’

The Trussell Trust Food Banks are proving to be highly profitable. The only organisation of its kind, there are now over 200 operating across Britain, with 128,967 using them in 2011. Experts predict that this figure will rise to half a million by 2015. Much of this growth is attributable to the Trust actively courting church organisations to set up banks. Prospective organisations pay £1500 in set-up fees plus a ‘small annual donation,’ and can expect to face costs between £10,000 and £18,000 a year. They must also use the Trussell Trust Branding. ‘Starting a food bank,” the Trust website claims, “is a great way to help those in crisis in your own community, by providing boxes of nutritionally balanced food and support. The food bank collects tinned and dried food from the public at supermarkets, churches, schools and other local groups.’

Welcome to The Workhouse..........Dickensian Britain 21st Century stylee :evil:

rhondda rudie
4th July 2013, 06:16 PM
Another article about the same lot.
The well-trousered philanthropists: Tory party chums and food parcels for the poor | openDemocracy (http://www.opendemocracy.net/ourkingdom/mel-kelly/well-trousered-philanthropists-tory-party-chums-and-food-parcels-for-poor)

JB40
4th July 2013, 06:49 PM
Thanks for that tom. The post I saw must have come from this excellent article.

I had no idea about any of this. No wonder cameron just bats away questions about food banks. Obviously, for the tory party, the more people using food banks the more money their freinds make.

It's a full time job keeping up with these spivs.

rhondda rudie
4th July 2013, 07:00 PM
Thanks for that tom. The post I saw must have come from this excellent article.

I had no idea about any of this. No wonder cameron just bats away questions about food banks. Obviously, for the tory party, the more people using food banks the more money their freinds make.

It's a full time job keeping up with these spivs.

My pleasure comrade.If you scroll down to the comments there's some from the spivs themselves.:roll:

JB40
4th July 2013, 07:19 PM
Yes I did notice that comrade.

One of the contributors complained that the trussel trust had sent her a 'cease and desist' letter threatening them with legal action if they repeated their posts. Sending their attack dogs out to stifle the truth.

Someone from the publication reassured them that the article was 100% accurate and not to be bullied into silence.

You couldn't make it up :roll:

rhondda rudie
4th July 2013, 08:02 PM
Yes I did notice that comrade.

One of the contributors complained that the trussel trust had sent her a 'cease and desist' letter threatening them with legal action if they repeated their posts. Sending their attack dogs out to stifle the truth.

Someone from the publication reassured them that the article was 100% accurate and not to be bullied into silence.

You couldn't make it up :roll:

Incredible really.They want you to stump up £1500 to do their work for them.Take it you won't be heading up the Kidderminster franchise Jimmy.:-)

JB40
4th July 2013, 08:34 PM
You must be joking tom.

They're like wolves round here, you'll end up with half your fingers missing :aagh::aagh:

rhondda rudie
4th July 2013, 08:41 PM
You must be joking tom.

They're like wolves round here, you'll end up with half your fingers missing :aagh::aagh:

:laff:

Wonder if there'll be regional differences in the parcels.Baltis up your way,cockles down here,battered mars bars for Bernieland,could be interesting.:-)

JB40
4th July 2013, 09:09 PM
I'm liking your thinking comrade.

Whale blubber for paul and trish :smokin:

rhondda rudie
4th July 2013, 09:20 PM
I'm liking your thinking comrade.

Whale blubber for paul and trish :smokin:

:laff:

Bruno in Paris is bound to get the best parcel.:-)

If there's tories in charge they'll all be Karen Carpenter parcels.:frown::-)

McDUB BOY aka Superal
4th July 2013, 09:52 PM
I seen that tom ,

McDUB BOY aka Superal
4th July 2013, 09:52 PM
Great read guys

JB40
4th July 2013, 10:08 PM
The tory one would just contain snake-oil and CAKE :aagh:

JB40
4th July 2013, 10:09 PM
Great read guys