PDA

View Full Version : Thinking ...communications ...jobs...

nephertiti
1st June 2013, 10:32 AM
See ....I was thinking.....

At a time , the tele-communications were all the rage ....companies sprouted up everywhere...phone shops ...call centres...factories making the phones.....which were all jobs... and companies had shares which were bought and sold... sold and bought...

It seems to me, that now if you have have the internet , you can get make phone calls for "free" .....

You can get music for "free"

You can even get TV programes for "free"

You are supposed to shop, get a mortgage, do banking on the internet...

So how is anyone going to make any money? Where are the jobs going to come from? All these young unemployed millions worldwide?

Do you think it is is going to all fold on itself and it will only be that if you have a skill which you can use you can actually have a job and earn a living ...i.e. building, making music, plumbing, growing food, cooking, running a restaurant......

nephertiti
1st June 2013, 10:36 AM
Maybe a self sustaining, food growing goat rearing, music instrument making, pizza oven builder: bouncelblue:

j59
1st June 2013, 01:04 PM
Something I've thought about for sometime your maj, we are loosing shops, face to face communication, people need people to talk to face to face or we will become more and more insular.
The loss of jobs that will never be replaced. Skills that will also be lost .... hmm ... makes you wonder where it's all going?

love jx

Soul Adventurer
1st June 2013, 04:40 PM
See ....I was thinking.....

At a time , the tele-communications were all the rage ....companies sprouted up everywhere...phone shops ...call centres...factories making the phones.....which were all jobs... and companies had shares which were bought and sold... sold and bought...

It seems to me, that now if you have have the internet , you can get make phone calls for "free" .....

You can get music for "free"

You can even get TV programes for "free"

You are supposed to shop, get a mortgage, do banking on the internet...

So how is anyone going to make any money? Where are the jobs going to come from? All these young unemployed millions worldwide?

Do you think it is is going to all fold on itself and it will only be that if you have a skill which you can use you can actually have a job and earn a living ...i.e. building, making music, plumbing, growing food, cooking, running a restaurant......

Good post, much food for thought. I'll sleep on this and hopefully reply tomorrow.

kate13
1st June 2013, 07:20 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Our high streets are turning into fast food outlets, charity shops, wine bars, With the scattering of empty shops.

rhondda rudie
1st June 2013, 08:22 PM
Good post Neph.:-)

FATHER TED2
1st June 2013, 08:41 PM
not a lot of people know this but all mobile phones are worth more or less the same ie a cheap basic phone you could pick up for under 20 is worth not much less than a top of the range phone like say iPhone 5 that you could pay up to 700 for the phone, although people pay great sums for these phones they aren't worth that much the real money is made by the antennas that generate the signals.... when I made those antennas 5 years ago I made on average 8-9 a night, I was on a little under 7 an hour and every antenna I made was worth in excess of 1000+ each so over the course of a week I made the company in excess of 45000 a week more than 4 times my annual wage

FATHER TED2
1st June 2013, 08:42 PM
great post neph

Soul Adventurer
2nd June 2013, 03:47 AM
Aren't Monsanto trying to monopolise the growing of food - as well as putting all kinds of GM gunk in it?