PDA

View Full Version : The 'reason' for Israel attacking Syria?

Soul Adventurer
4th May 2013, 08:09 AM
BREAKING NEWS: Israeli planes bomb suspected chemical weapons site in Syria | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2319311/BREAKING-NEWS-Israeli-planes-bomb-suspected-chemical-weapons-site-Syria.html)

I haven't followed this as it's unfolded over the past few years. Though it does bring to mind the Project for a New American Century (PNAC) think tank which was all about 'regime change in the middle east'.

Sorry for the lack of details here but I wonder if this demonising of Syria is any different from the way Iraq was portrayed? (stockpiling WMDs, etc).

Look forward to replies.

Soul Adventurer
8th May 2013, 07:19 AM
Syria chemical weapons report implicates U.S. Gov't backed rebels

UN Investigators' report undermines America's Pro-War Lobby which aims to drum up support to overthrow Syrian Government

(RT.com, 7 May 2013) - UN human rights investigators have spoken to the victims of Syria’s civil war and gathered medical testimonies which point to the Syrian rebels having used sarin nerve gas, while any allegations of its use by the government remain unsubstantiated.

The United Nations independent commission of inquiry on Syria has concluded that no evidence of the use of sarin by Syria’s government troops has so far been uncovered, said the lead commission member Carla Del Ponte on Sunday.

In an interview to Swiss-Italian television, Del Ponte revealed that the "investigators have been in neighboring countries interviewing victims, doctors and field hospitals and, according to their report of last week which I have seen, there are strong, concrete suspicions but not yet incontrovertible proof of the use of sarin gas, from the way the victims were treated."

po1xDsyj9mU&feature=youtu.be