PDA

View Full Version : Chris Evans .....

j59
23rd February 2013, 04:15 PM
Was listening to radio 2 yesterday morning DJ Chris Evans was talking with Suggs (from Madness) about how the band had only one no.1 and what did he think of the records that had kept them off the top spot such as UB40 Red Red Wine a cover (he kind of spat out the word cover) Suggs replied well it was a good record. Evans went on to mention other records but didn't sound so bothered as to criticize in anyway.
Hmmm was I being over sensitive? knowing Ubs and Chris Evans are not best friends.

Also while I'm on a roll :razz: don't you think Chris Evans seems to be treated like he is some kind of demigod by the Beeb? In no way do I think he's another Jimmy Saville but he has the same freedom to do whatever he likes.

Right I'll shut up now before I'm sued :ooh:

love jx

rhondda rudie
23rd February 2013, 04:42 PM
Didn't know the UBs and Evans didn't get on Jen but I already thought he was a prat.:grin:He was married to one of the ones off Loose Women.She talks crap as well,they were made for each other.:grin:

Soul Adventurer
23rd February 2013, 05:26 PM
Was listening to radio 2 yesterday morning DJ Chris Evans was talking with Suggs (from Madness) about how the band had only one no.1 and what did he think of the records that had kept them off the top spot such as UB40 Red Red Wine a cover (he kind of spat out the word cover) Suggs replied well it was a good record. Evans went on to mention other records but didn't sound so bothered as to criticize in anyway.
Hmmm was I being over sensitive? knowing Ubs and Chris Evans are not best friends.

Also while I'm on a roll :razz: don't you think Chris Evans seems to be treated like he is some kind of demigod by the Beeb? In no way do I think he's another Jimmy Saville but he has the same freedom to do whatever he likes.

Right I'll shut up now before I'm sued :ooh:

love jx

Probably not... I could almost imagine him being a bit disparaging. I've never taken to Chris Evans - I think Harry Enfield pretty much nailed him here:

oTN__vUPXaI

Out of interest, Madness and UB40 were in the UK charts (Top 40) more regularly than any other 80s artists.