PDA

View Full Version : We're All In This Together Part 98 (or is it 99)

rhondda rudie
6th January 2013, 03:01 PM
Communities and Local Government minister has been championed by chancellor George Osbourne for his cost cutting advice to local authorities.Part of this policy is a list of 50 suggestions on how to cut costs that is sent to all councils.Number 39 on the list is "Stop serving refreshments at meetings".Sensible advice you might think.Only trouble is,the refreshment bill has gone up 25% or £10,000 in Mr Pickles's own department in the last year!!!.

Practice what you preach Eric.

j59
6th January 2013, 10:46 PM
£10,000 :shock: Don't think I'm the only one who lives on less than that a year!

love jx

JB40
6th January 2013, 11:17 PM
The tax-payers are keeping eric pickles happy with an endless supply of pies.

that's money well spent.

JB40
9th January 2013, 01:42 PM
Thomas & James, Jen, We're all in it together... What you fancy !

Char-grilled rib-eye steak with hand-cut chips and béarnaise sauce £7.80
OR
Seared breast of pigeon with aubergine purée and spiced couscous £4.15
What about ?
Roast loin of pork with apple sauce £7.80

Traditional fish and chips with mushy peas and tartare sauce £6.75

These prices are only possible thanks to an annual taxpayer subsidy totalling nearly £6m, which has risen almost 20% since 2008 – despite a promise in 2010 to cut it by £500,000 and bring bar prices in line with the high street. For every £10 an MP spends on lunch, the public contributes £7.60.The £7.80 rib-eye in the Members' Dining Room carried a subsidy of £5.92.

http://www.parliament.uk/documents/foi/2011-FOI-Menu-breakfast-Members'-Tea-Room-F11-428.pdf

http://www.parliament.uk/documents/foi/2011-FOI-Members'-Dining-room-menu.pdf

very nice contribution there comrade kathie.

nephertiti
9th January 2013, 10:23 PM
All this talk is making me hungry ....

I wonder if they would subsidise a politburo meeting if we applied to become a political party ....mmmmm

I just think this government is not sustainable .......... the taxpayer can't afford it....