PDA

View Full Version : New Year To Forget

rhondda rudie
4th January 2013, 05:59 PM
Got a phone call from my sister who lives in Swindon on New Year's Eve.My mam was staying with my sister's family for Christmas and new year.My sister told me our mam had been rushed into hospital with what was assumed to be the norovirus.However,her condition deteriated rapidly and doctors were forced to open her up.I won't go into the details for the sake of our mam's privacy but she ended up having a major stomach operation.At the age of 88 the surgeon said she had a less than 50% chance of survival.So far she has stunned doctors with her recovery and is already sitting in a chair and has started to eat "soft food" like soup and ice cream.I was a bit embarressed when a nurse asked me what "Ychafi" mean as my mam had said the word when she was being fed asparugus soup.I had to tell her it's Welsh for disgusting.:shock:

She's not out of the woods yet but things are looking a lot more positive.I will be contacting the managers of the Intensive Care Unit at Great Western Hospital in Swindon to offer my thanks for the superb standard of care my mam has received.Sorry to be crude but all I can say is Thank Fk For The NHS.

I would very grateful if loonies cold give my mam a thought this weekend.:friends:

ANiMALicious
4th January 2013, 08:35 PM
the thoughts there tom ;)
it must be the time for stuff like this... one of my close freinds little girl has spent christmass and new year in intensive care due to septicimia, another friends said today his dad was taken into hospital too and nearly died.
not a good start for alot of people to 2013.
hope she makes a good recovery tom.

Ani

Starshine007
4th January 2013, 08:35 PM
Will give her lots of thoughts Tom :friends: Good to know that the NHS staff in Swindon are doing their best for her. And she must be on the road to recovery if she thinks the food's disgusting :wink:

Go Tom's mam :kiss:

PS - Mams are supposed to embarrass their kids :D

McDUB BOY aka Superal
4th January 2013, 09:52 PM
Big nuffs m8

JB40
4th January 2013, 09:54 PM
sorry to hear about that tom. But good to hear she's getting better.

wish her a happy new year from me and the rest of the boys.

FATHER TED2
4th January 2013, 09:56 PM
Sorry to hear this Tom thoughts are with you and yours at this difficult time

Baggariddim
5th January 2013, 12:51 AM
Real sorry to hear about your mam this New Year's Tom, and the tremendous worry on your shoulders. We're very glad she made it through this terrible situation.
We wish her well and wish her all the best during her recovery.
Take Care and Peace,
Bagga & Jolene

kmaker
5th January 2013, 07:02 AM
I'm really sorry to hear that Thomas, thoughts are with mam and you and the family my brother.
Regards mate,
Paul

raamatukogu
5th January 2013, 08:53 AM
Sorry to hear this Tom, wish her all the best and speedy recovery.
:friends:

UK Warrior
5th January 2013, 09:05 AM
Get well soon, Mrs Rudie.

rhondda rudie
5th January 2013, 10:05 AM
Thanks all,very much appreciated.:friends:

Leidy Maas
5th January 2013, 12:52 PM
Get well soon to Tom`s Mam.

j59
6th January 2013, 12:21 AM
Wishing your mum well Tom :friends:

Jeez .... Parents are a worry!

love jx

Maid Marion
6th January 2013, 08:58 PM
Sorry to hear about your mom illness, but so glad she is on the road to recovery. My thoughts and best wishes are with her.

Good luck Tom and give my best wishes to your mom.

Soul Adventurer
7th January 2013, 11:28 AM
Best wishes to your Mum, Tom.

rhondda rudie
7th January 2013, 12:36 PM
Thanks for your kind thoughts peeps they really are very much appreciated at what has been a very difficult time.I've been told this morning that my mam may be moved from intensive care to an ordinary ward today so things are looking a lot more positive.

Sal
7th January 2013, 12:39 PM
Only just seen this Tom......hope you're Mum is doing ok. Thinking about you all :kiss: :friends:

NUB40
7th January 2013, 06:49 PM
Real sorry to read this Tom :sad:

Hope she will be on the mend soon and working her way out of there :kiss:

nephertiti
7th January 2013, 07:56 PM
Big massive warm thoughts to your mum Tom - sorry to hear, but really good to know she is improving XXXX

Saad
7th January 2013, 09:15 PM
Hope your mum makes a good recovery soon Tom.

Saad

Groovy 40
8th January 2013, 02:09 PM
thoughts are with u Tom :friends:

kate13
9th January 2013, 07:47 AM
Tom i'm glad your mums been moved out off ICU and doing better :friends:

xx tc :kiss:

rhondda rudie
11th January 2013, 08:19 PM
Once again many thanks for your kind thoughts.My mam picked up an infection which was a big worry as doctors told us she would not survive another operation..However,she's responding well to antibiotics so things are looking more positive again although she's not out of the woods yet.

I showed her this thread and she was amazed at receiving good wishes from all over the world.:smile:When I pointed out JB's post wishing her well on behalf of UB40 she called a passing nurse in who was stunned.:laff:Thanks Jimmy.:smile:

Thanks to you all once again,you're a special bunch.:friends:

Baggariddim
12th January 2013, 04:39 AM
We're sending more positive thoughts and good vibes to your mam Tom and to you and your family.
Take Care Friend,
Peace,
Bagga & Jolene

DreamBig
13th January 2013, 03:08 PM
Good to hear she's getting better Tom :D

pgb
13th January 2013, 09:27 PM
Just seen this Tom, glad your mum is on the mend.
Possitive thoughts and hugs for her and you. :kiss:

rhondda rudie
13th January 2013, 10:02 PM
We're sending more positive thoughts and good vibes to your mam Tom and to you and your family.
Take Care Friend,
Peace,
Bagga & Jolene

Good to hear she's getting better Tom :D

Just seen this Tom, glad your mum is on the mend.
Possitive thoughts and hugs for her and you. :kiss:

Thanks all.:friends:

Saad
14th January 2013, 10:07 AM
Thanks all.:friends:

Good to know she's on the mend Tom.

To speed her recovery I think we should give your mam Honorary Membership of the Politburo together with a signed photo of that devilishly handsome fellow or alternately she'll have to make do with one of the Supreme Leader :haha:

Kodiak
14th January 2013, 02:51 PM
To speed her recovery I think we should give your mam Honorary Membership of the Politburo together with a signed photo of that devilishly handsome fellow or alternately she'll have to make do with one of the Supreme Leader :haha:

Her stomach's been through so much, don't do that to her Saad! :laff:

Tom, sorry your year started out like that, but very glad she's doing good and on the mend!! I wish her the speediest of recoveries!

steven creamer
14th January 2013, 05:30 PM
Tom, I sincerely hope that her outcome is tremendous. You and your mum will be in my prayers.

Stevie 2fingerz

rhondda rudie
14th January 2013, 08:39 PM
Good to know she's on the mend Tom.

Her stomach's been through so much, don't do that to her Saad! :laff:

Tom, sorry your year started out like that, but very glad she's doing good and on the mend!! I wish her the speediest of recoveries!

Tom, I sincerely hope that her outcome is tremendous. You and your mum will be in my prayers.

Stevie 2fingerz

Many thanks to you all.:friends:

Saad,couldn't possibly have her in the 'buro,she'd be running it by the end of her first meeting.:lol:

Starshine007
14th January 2013, 10:15 PM
Saad,couldn't possibly have her in the 'buro,she'd be running it by the end of her first meeting.:lol:

Yeah c'mon Tom's mam, girl power!!! :grin:

kate13
15th January 2013, 07:27 PM
Yeah c'mon Tom's mam, girl power!!! :grin:

We like GIRL Power ;-)

I'm glad ur mams making progress Tom xx