PDA

View Full Version : Those Terrible Teachers

rhondda rudie
27th June 2011, 01:15 PM
Just been watching the news.Seems teachers are going on strike because their pension contributions are about to go up by 50%,they are now going to have to work until the age of 68,and will now receive a worse pension than under current arrangements.I just don't understand what they're complaining about.

JB40
27th June 2011, 02:15 PM
the excuse the tories are using is that the private sector doesn't enjoy the same advantages as public sector workers. it's a perfect example of divide and rule.

historically, the public sector had better pensions and benefits because they were payed, on average, less than private sector workers.

30 years of de-regulation and exploitation of global markets has seen the private sector drive down wages, benefits, pensions and rights.

this is tory policy. Keep labour cheap [with a healthy pool of the unemployed to threaten their workers with.], screw their pensions, and make them work harder for less. Then, when they are on their knees, point to public sector workers and say 'why should they enjoy all those cushy benefits when you're working your ass off for less.??

the sad thing is how many people who don't work in the public sector have fallen for it. private sector workers seem to be saying 'if I've got to work my ass of with no pension and no security in the future, then they should get the same treatment'. Or 'how dare they let their strike get in the way of my [private] employers ability to exploit me !!'

ANiMALicious
27th June 2011, 02:49 PM
i remember the strikes by the fire brigade and the bin men... grren goddesses everywhere and rubbish piled high in the streets the only advantage now is the army has also had to cut back so i doubt there will be any green goddeses running around putting fires out.

IF we stopped paying billions to the banks we would not be in this mess!

Ani

ANiMALicious
27th June 2011, 02:50 PM
what also makes me laugh is the private sector are not allowed to join unions... but the public sector are...

what a shambles we live in today.

Ani

Kodiak
27th June 2011, 03:37 PM
the sad thing is how many people who don't work in the public sector have fallen for it. private sector workers seem to be saying 'if I've got to work my ass of with no pension and no security in the future, then they should get the same treatment'. Or 'how dare they let their strike get in the way of my [private] employers ability to exploit me !!'

Must not respond to this thread...

JB40
27th June 2011, 04:51 PM
don't tell me trish.

you think the workers should just shut up and do what they are told ??

Jimmy Jimmy
27th June 2011, 07:45 PM
I'd imagine that they are on similar schemes to Local Government workers and the 50% increase is not as bad as it sounds when put into context. At the moment for every £ put into the pension they chip in 7.5p. Up it to 11p and it is still better than the pensions facing employees in the private sector with the changes proposed for next year. Those with no pension plans in place will be matching an employers contribution £ for £ with no guarantee of what their pot will be worth.

What I don't buy is the need to act now and act quickly re pension deficits/spending in general and the Tory cry of the country is broke cr*p. Of course it isn't and this kneejerk reaction is just political point scoring. 100 days of bombing Libya has cost £500m. If this Country has no money to provide for its, in general, lowly paid public sector workers and OAPS then the UK Govt, regardless of party,needs to stop getting involved in trying to solve the worlds problems.

I don't want to see anyone out of pocket but hope that the planned strikes, if nothing else, will now politicise this country so that shameful turnouts of 30% will not be repeated. Unfortunately, I'm not convinced there is a political party out there that can truthfully represent the ordinary man/woman in the street.

JJ Scargill will now get down from his soap box and put some music on and have a nice cuppa tea.

McDUB BOY aka Superal
27th June 2011, 08:40 PM
My son is a school teacher and i back him all the way.

nephertiti
27th June 2011, 09:06 PM
I simply don't see any long term vision in these policies...so not only do they appear nasty and self absorbed...i think they are frankly un intelligent..

Very fair point that working in the public services , you get paid less so there is more to go round for longer

These public services are what keeps people healthy, educated, build infrastructure, maintain ...in fact it is probably what we have termed for thousands of years "civilisation"

This incredible lack of foresight gobsmacks and eagerness to destroy what has been built and punish those who have built it and working to help maintain it.......gobsmacks me

and yes...I am with all the strikers all the way too

Saad
27th June 2011, 11:06 PM
I'd imagine that they are on similar schemes to Local Government workers and the 50% increase is not as bad as it sounds when put into context. At the moment for every £ put into the pension they chip in 7.5p. Up it to 11p and it is still better than the pensions facing employees in the private sector with the changes proposed for next year. Those with no pension plans in place will be matching an employers contribution £ for £ with no guarantee of what their pot will be worth.

What I don't buy is the need to act now and act quickly re pension deficits/spending in general and the Tory cry of the country is broke cr*p. Of course it isn't and this kneejerk reaction is just political point scoring. 100 days of bombing Libya has cost £500m. If this Country has no money to provide for its, in general, lowly paid public sector workers and OAPS then the UK Govt, regardless of party,needs to stop getting involved in trying to solve the worlds problems.

I don't want to see anyone out of pocket but hope that the planned strikes, if nothing else, will now politicise this country so that shameful turnouts of 30% will not be repeated. Unfortunately, I'm not convinced there is a political party out there that can truthfully represent the ordinary man/woman in the street.

JJ Scargill will now get down from his soap box and put some music on and have a nice cuppa tea.

& don't forget the Trident nuclear missiles replacement which is going cost £billions...........

rhondda rudie
27th June 2011, 11:11 PM
the excuse the tories are using is that the private sector doesn't enjoy the same advantages as public sector workers. it's a perfect example of divide and rule.

historically, the public sector had better pensions and benefits because they were payed, on average, less than private sector workers.

30 years of de-regulation and exploitation of global markets has seen the private sector drive down wages, benefits, pensions and rights.

this is tory policy. Keep labour cheap [with a healthy pool of the unemployed to threaten their workers with.], screw their pensions, and make them work harder for less. Then, when they are on their knees, point to public sector workers and say 'why should they enjoy all those cushy benefits when you're working your ass off for less.??

Well done Jimmy.You've made all the points I was going to make when replying only better.A perfect description of what has happened in the lead up to these strikes and the current situation.Maximum respect.

Saad
27th June 2011, 11:14 PM
Well done Jimmy.You've made all the points I was going to make when replying only better.A perfect description of what has happened in the lead up to these strikes and the current situation.Maximum respect.

oi stop doing Bernie's job!!!! :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

rhondda rudie
27th June 2011, 11:17 PM

'koff Saad.:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:

Saad
27th June 2011, 11:21 PM

btw Tom is that photo of you & BT with Sue Barker when you appeared on Question of Sport????

:laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

rhondda rudie
27th June 2011, 11:26 PM
btw Tom is that photo of you & BT with Sue Barker when you appeared on Question of Sport????

:laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

Spot on mate.:laff:Ally McCoist is just out of shot abusing a catholic.:laff:

Saad
27th June 2011, 11:35 PM
Spot on mate.:laff:Ally McCoist is just out of shot abusing a catholic.:laff:

Is that the BBC's idea of balance :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

JB40
28th June 2011, 12:02 AM

yeah. 'Koff Saad !!

JJ makes a great point. It's so simple it gets overlooked.

how come we can afford to bomb oil-producing countries, but we're cutting the budget for carers for the most vulnerable in society back home.??

it's a twisted society we are living in.

ANiMALicious
28th June 2011, 07:39 AM
again, theres no oil in old people.... infact theres no oil in britain....

Ani

Starshine007
28th June 2011, 08:41 AM
again, theres no oil in old people.... infact theres no oil in britain....

Ani

Just plenty of slimy foliticians :grrr: :evil:

Saad
28th June 2011, 09:59 AM

yeah. 'Koff Saad !!

JJ makes a great point. It's so simple it gets overlooked.

how come we can afford to bomb oil-producing countries, but we're cutting the budget for carers for the most vulnerable in society back home.??

it's a twisted society we are living in.

Please Miss, JB & Tom are picking on me - it's just not fair !!! :aagh: :-( :-( :cry: :cry: :cry:

JB40
28th June 2011, 02:47 PM
Please Miss, JB & Tom are picking on me - it's just not fair !!! :aagh: :-( :-( :cry: :cry: :cry:

grass !

TiciaBlovesUB
29th June 2011, 12:21 AM
:laff:

ANiMALicious
29th June 2011, 08:53 AM
grass !

yes please.... just a couple though jb that stuff is good....lol

they are slugs M ;)

Ani

Starshine007
29th June 2011, 11:52 AM
yes please.... just a couple though jb that stuff is good....lol

they are slugs M ;)

Ani

Slimy slugs? Ugh, worse than the snails on the mower's grass box :grrr:

Oh and Saad - stop telling tales, there's a good lad

:laff:

McDUB BOY aka Superal
29th June 2011, 12:59 PM
Yeah saad ya grass ,

McDUB BOY aka Superal
29th June 2011, 01:00 PM
oi stop doing bernie's job!!!! :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

koff saad , ya grass

JB40
30th June 2011, 05:02 PM
education and health are two of the most important services. i care about the quality of the the people who are in charge of educating the next generation. Our children. I think they should be payed well, and we should expect them to do a good job.

when we question the salaries for the top executives, their answer is usually 'we have to pay the market price for quality people.' Even though those 'quality people are often fk ups.

but when it comes to teachers we want it on the cheap. Teachers aren't paid enough as it is. And we want them even cheaper now. expecting them to work longer for less.

are we happy to pay executives of water and rail companies what they are asking, millions a year, but we want teachers to take responsibility for our children for a knock down price.

priorities are all wrong in todays corporate world.

Kodiak
30th June 2011, 05:09 PM
education and health are two of the most important services. i care about the quality of the the people who are in charge of educating the next generation. Our children. I think they should be payed well, and we should expect them to do a good job.

when we question the salaries for the top executives, their answer is usually 'we have to pay the market price for quality people.' Even though those 'quality people are often fk ups.

but when it comes to teachers we want it on the cheap. Teachers aren't paid enough as it is. And we want them even cheaper now. expecting them to work longer for less.

are we happy to pay executives of water and rail companies what they are asking, millions a year, but we want teachers to take responsibility for our children for a knock down price.

priorities are all wrong in todays corporate world.

Although I won't comment on the original context of this thread, because apparently things are completely different in our two countries, I absolutely 100% agree with everything you have said above.

JB40
30th June 2011, 05:11 PM
that's a relief trish. i wasn't ready for 'attack of the canuck!!' tonight.

Kodiak
30th June 2011, 06:23 PM
that's a relief trish. i wasn't ready for 'attack of the canuck!!' tonight.

Who moi??? :angel: :lol:

I have decided I'm not allowed to debate about union or union issues, doesn't work when we're not talking about the same type or structure of unions.

rhondda rudie
1st July 2011, 01:13 AM
Who moi??? :angel: :lol:

I have decided I'm not allowed to debate about union or union issues, doesn't work when we're not talking about the same type or structure of unions.

Funny that Trish,I'd decided that too.:razz::kiss: