PDA

View Full Version : solidarity

JB40
13th June 2011, 06:27 PM
The reason given by UK and France for intervention in Libya was 'humanitarian intervention'. We stepped in because not to do so would result in the deaths of THOUSANDS of innocent Libyans.
I didn't realize that our governments had so much solidarity with the average Libyan. I imagined that there would probably be a similar sense of outrage at the treatment given out to the peaceful demonstrators of Bahrain or Syria or Tunisia or Yemen.
Take Syria, for example. The numbers are starting to stack up. THOUSANDS dead. 10,000 arrested. A town of 40,000 people is flattened and empty after attacks from the Syrian army. 10,000 trapped at the Turkish border. Another 5,000 Syrian refugees in Turkey. The media are banned. And Assad is punishing soldiers who refuse to fire on the [peaceful] demonstrators.
It's obvious that there is an humanitarian crisis going on.
but not one word from our leaders.
why would we show so much preference to the Libyan people, but ignore the corpses piling up in other regions.??

It can be explained in one little word.

It's a three-letter word that starts with 'O', and ends with 'L'.

can you guess.??

j59
13th June 2011, 09:32 PM
Erm ...... oil?

love jx

DreamBig
13th June 2011, 09:51 PM
Oh my god. It was those damned OWLs wasn't it? Wisecracking in the night, asleep during the day. I always knew it!

JB40
13th June 2011, 09:59 PM
too right Anant. They go around t-wit t-wooing all over the place. Thinking they're clever. . . .

TiciaBlovesUB
14th June 2011, 05:03 AM
Oh my god. It was those damned OWLs wasn't it? Wisecracking in the night, asleep during the day. I always knew it!

:laff: