PDA

View Full Version : The Queen Mother....

rhondda rudie
9th March 2011, 09:21 PM
....was often protrayed as a sweet lady but this article presents a somewhat different picture.

www.huffingtonpost.com/johann-hari/can-we-finally-tell-the-t_b_299297.html -

San Diego
9th March 2011, 09:25 PM
Your link, no workeeeee.

JB40
9th March 2011, 09:28 PM
Your link, no workeeeee.

Royals don't do much workeeee either.

rhondda rudie
9th March 2011, 09:30 PM
Your link, no workeeeee.

I've changed the link.Have another go Fi.:grin:

Starshine007
9th March 2011, 10:01 PM
I had heard that she wasn't all sweetness and light....still she's just bones and dust now, can't drag her up from the grave and beat her for it :grrr:

San Diego
9th March 2011, 10:13 PM
Royals don't do much workeeee either.

did you workee that out all by yourself??

john balfour
9th March 2011, 10:25 PM
She was a good 'old school' royal. She believed Britain to be Great and I have to say I agreed with her. Not so now though Im afraid!!!

rhondda rudie
9th March 2011, 10:43 PM
Got to say I'm with the author on this one.It's refreshing to see such a viewpoint when all we usually get from our media is fawning guff that the North Korean authorities would be proud of.

JB40
9th March 2011, 10:53 PM
I'm with you Tom.

Apologists for the royal family are just nostalgic for a past that didn't actually exist.

nani
10th March 2011, 01:00 PM
Alright for some eh

mrClaypole
10th March 2011, 01:04 PM
....was often protrayed as a sweet lady but this article presents a somewhat different picture.

www.huffingtonpost.com/johann-hari/can-we-finally-tell-the-t_b_299297.html (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/johann-hari/can-we-finally-tell-the-t_b_299297.html) -

Interesting article overall, more interesting between the lines, particulary her obession with "blood lines" the emotionless look in here eyes, her interest in Diana (and subsequent disliking of her due to her support of AIDS victims). Her not being very fond of black people and most worryingly of all her teaching her children to chant "we are not normal, we are not normal".

Hmmmn..........this certainly backs up several claims and stories ive heard about her over the last few months.

rhondda rudie
10th March 2011, 02:17 PM
Interesting article overall, more interesting between the lines, particulary her obession with "blood lines" the emotionless look in here eyes, her interest in Diana (and subsequent disliking of her due to her support of AIDS victims). Her not being very fond of black people and most worryingly of all her teaching her children to chant "we are not normal, we are not normal".

Hmmmn..........this certainly backs up several claims and stories ive heard about her over the last few months.

So in summary a nasty old bigot kept in the lap of luxury by the very peasants she despised.:-)

mrClaypole
10th March 2011, 02:27 PM

www.huffingtonpost.com/johann-hari/can-we-finally-tell-the-t_b_299297.html (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/johann-hari/can-we-finally-tell-the-t_b_299297.html) -

So in summary a nasty old bigot kept in the lap of luxury by the very peasants she despised.:-)

and then some!!!.

JB40
10th March 2011, 02:38 PM
remember a couple of years ago when one of the 'princes' was criticized for wearing a nazi uniform to a fancy dress party?
Well, that particular party [invite only of course] had a theme which went something like 'colonials and natives'. The aristocracy celebrating colonialism leaves a bitter taste.

It put me in mind of when 'new' labour auctioned a copy of the Hutton report into the death of Dr Kelly, signed by tony and cherie and alistair campbell.

But I digress.
When you scratch the surface of the story of englands aristocracy it doesn't take long to get to the nasty stuff. It's common knowledge that hitler enjoyed the support of the aristocracy. And, in the colonies, they saw many atrocities committed on their behalf.

A lot of so-called english heroes have been found to harbor 'old fashioned' reactionary ideas. And that includes winston [black people are monkeys] churchill.

When the oiks take a day trip to stately homes in britain, no one seems to mention that most of the wealth we are celebrating was built on the proceeds of the slave trade. And that wealth fueled the industrial revolution.

That was how britain became 'great'.

mrClaypole
10th March 2011, 02:44 PM
remember a couple of years ago when one of the 'princes' was criticized for wearing a nazi uniform to a fancy dress party?
Well, that particular party [invite only of course] had a theme which went something like 'colonials and natives'. The aristocracy celebrating colonialism leaves a bitter taste.

It put me in mind of when 'new' labour auctioned a copy of the Hutton report into the death of Dr Kelly, signed by tony and cherie and alistair campbell.

But I digress.
When you scratch the surface of the story of englands aristocracy it doesn't take long to get to the nasty stuff. It's common knowledge that hitler enjoyed the support of the aristocracy. And, in the colonies, they saw many atrocities committed on their behalf.

A lot of so-called english heroes have been found to harbor 'old fashioned' reactionary ideas. And that includes winston [black people are monkeys] churchill.

When the oiks take a day trip to stately homes in britain, no one seems to mention that most of the wealth we are celebrating was built on the proceeds of the slave trade. And that wealth fueled the industrial revolution.

That was how britain became 'great'.

Ive told you all about the WW2 story where she had her photo taken in the press with 2 young girls who had had their home and family wiped out in the Blitz?, the queen mother promised she would help them out and that they would be taken care of by her. As soon as the photographers and journos pissed off, so did the Q.M leaving those poor girls to fend for themselves.

As I say I have read some really unusual and quite mind blowing stuff about that old Haridan lately that although is quite fantastical it seems has a basis in truth.

I went to see the Sex Pistols in 2002 at Crystal Palace, they had the same flags that were used at that old bints funeral even though they were not allowed to use them. They ahd to lie to get them. I htought that was pretty amusing.

rhondda rudie
10th March 2011, 02:50 PM
And the industrial revolution was another era of chronic exploitation as well Jimmy.The image that comes to my mind is little kids down mines and up chimneys not the croquet playing gentry that seem to dominate modern costume dramas about the period.

rhondda rudie
10th March 2011, 02:51 PM
Gentlemen,I call this politburo meeting to order.:-)

JB40
10th March 2011, 02:59 PM
it's a walt disney idea of what those days were really like. A fantasy to feed the british idea of superiority.

Have you noticed how history is usually told from INSIDE the house?. If they do venture outside everyone doffs their forelock and knows there place. And they are usually grateful for their lordships 'kindness'.

yeah right.

JB40
10th March 2011, 02:59 PM
Gentlemen,I call this politburo meeting to order.:-)

I second that !!

rhondda rudie
10th March 2011, 03:28 PM
it's a walt disney idea of what those days were really like. A fantasy to feed the british idea of superiority.

Have you noticed how history is usually told from INSIDE the house?. If they do venture outside everyone doffs their forelock and knows there place. And they are usually grateful for their lordships 'kindness'.

yeah right.

And despite protestations to the contrary that servile instinct is very much alive and well in the media.They talk about royalty like they are living gods instead of the dysfunctional inbreds that they have proved themselves to be time and time again.

pedromenedro
10th March 2011, 03:49 PM
Amazing how there have been so many deserving occasions that would actually befit a national holiday............................but a royal wedding?

How generous of those who don't have to pick up the tab.

Saad
10th March 2011, 05:47 PM
And I love the way they sell themselves as the BRITISH Royal Family when they're all German; Greek; Danish; Russian etc. I reckon I'm more British as my family was part of the British Empire, Commonweath etc for five plus generations.............

I'm as English as Queen Victoria:

You're father's German; You're half-German and you married a German

807m4j5Cwcw&feature

Classic stuff :mrgreen:

JB40
10th March 2011, 06:05 PM
God bless the aristocracy.

They put the GREAT in Great britain.

1p1tnvdx9JU&tracker=False

rhondda rudie
10th March 2011, 06:09 PM
God bless the aristocracy.

They put the GREAT in Great britain.

1p1tnvdx9JU&tracker=False

Recorded last week in a Surrey golf club.:grin:

nephertiti
10th March 2011, 10:35 PM
Nothing weirder than folk !!

nani
10th March 2011, 11:04 PM
The Queen leans down a lil bit to say to my sister 'hello little Maori girl' and my sister says, 'I'm not bloody Maori' and huffs off :lol:

The royal family are too dysfunctional to be role models so I don't really think much of them.

rhondda rudie
10th March 2011, 11:13 PM
The Queen leans down a lil bit to say to my sister 'hello little Maori girl' and my sister says, 'I'm not bloody Maori' and huffs off :lol:

The royal family are too dysfunctional to be role models so I don't really think much of them.

Your sis was lucky it wasn't Prince Phillip Nani.:grin:He's turned bigotry into an art form.

nani
10th March 2011, 11:17 PM
Your sis was lucky it wasn't Prince Phillip Nani.:grin:He's turned bigotry into an art form.

Oh sister was being polite. If Phillip tried his crap on she'd have ripped into him :lol: