PDA

View Full Version : a little chuckle for the weekend.

JB40
4th March 2011, 09:24 PM
OK. I lied. it should have said 'all in this together part 4 [or is it 5?]'.

There is a company called 'Remploy'. It's publicly funded to specifically employ disabled workers. It's the biggest employer of the disabled workers in The UK.

Times are hard, so Remploy has had it's budget cut. So the company has launched a redundancy programme in order to cut it's workforce by half.

Remploy has the added problem that one of the products it manufactures [furniture for schools] has been hit by the coalition cuts to the schools budget. Making it unable to reach what it called 'challenging targets'.

A couple of months ago the [mostly able bodied] bosses of this publicly funded company shared a 1.2 million bonus pot.

In 2009 the same bosses gave themselves bonuses from a 1.7 million bonus pot.

In 2009 Remploy closed down it's 'employment supported workshops' and 2,500 disabled workers lost their jobs.

Remploy was asked by the trade unions to justify these bonuses.

Remploy replied.
the bonuses were necessary because they 'needed to retain the best people available and ensure that they are focused on meeting and exceeding their targets'

In the last 3 years Remploy failed to reach any of their targets.

McDUB BOY aka Superal
4th March 2011, 09:30 PM
Remploy where a good company at one time jimmy , we had one in motherwell , shut down now ,

j59
4th March 2011, 09:39 PM
:laff: Thanks Jimmy that right cheered me up for the weekend .... not:roll:

love jx

TiciaBlovesUB
4th March 2011, 10:51 PM
:laff: Thanks Jimmy that right cheered me up for the weekend .... not:roll:

love jx

You got me rollin' today, girl!!!! :laff:

jstancer
5th March 2011, 12:35 PM
Cheer's mate,cheered me up for the wk end

Homely Girl
5th March 2011, 01:55 PM
Shocking :eek:

Gx

ANiMALicious
5th March 2011, 07:25 PM
look lets cut to the crap, these managers or bosses needed there bonuses, the disabled workers can go and find jobs elsewhere, like car factories or building sites or dustbin men... thoses bosses wont get bonuses like they did again so they made the most out of it and screwed there workforce like any other management would...

we live in gt britain and we have a goverment thats intent of F*^%$ng every one up as much as possible, dont hold that against them :-?

Ani

and yes i am extracting the urine.

nani
5th March 2011, 07:44 PM
Neither entrepreneurial nor innovative, exploitive yet still government-backed and publicly funded.

:laff::laff: <my chuckles at rort>

bt/ub40
5th March 2011, 08:02 PM

There is a company called 'Remploy'. It's publicly funded to specifically employ disabled workers. It's the biggest employer of the disabled workers in The UK.

Times are hard, so Remploy has had it's budget cut. So the company has launched a redundancy programme in order to cut it's workforce by half.

Remploy has the added problem that one of the products it manufactures [furniture for schools] has been hit by the coalition cuts to the schools budget. Making it unable to reach what it called 'challenging targets'.

A couple of months ago the [mostly able bodied] bosses of this publicly funded company shared a 1.2 million bonus pot.

In 2009 Remploy closed down it's 'employment supported workshops' and 2,500 disabled workers lost their jobs.

Remploy replied.
the bonuses were necessary because they 'needed to retain the best people available and ensure that they are focused on meeting and exceeding their targets'

4kin hilarious JB...bunch of c**** nice one for bringing that to our attention...meeting and exceeding their targets..the only targets they had in mind was their own self guaranteed bonus...how much is enough,how low can they go ?

Starshine007
5th March 2011, 08:10 PM
Another chuckle for the weekend. In England, the price of prescriptions is to raise by 20p per article to 7.40, while those in Wales and Scotland get theirs free. No offence to our Celtic neighbours but if their govt's can do that, why can't ours?

Thankfully I'm not on any meds and dad's are free due to his age but there's many who are in the situation of either affording the prescriptions or feeding/clothing/heating themselves adequately.

kmaker
5th March 2011, 08:26 PM
thx James...just the laugh I needed ya bugger. Terrible story...where's the accountability from a humane perspective?
P

j59
5th March 2011, 08:41 PM
thx James...just the laugh I needed ya bugger. Terrible story...where's the accountability from a humane perspective?
P

You asking Jimmy to be more humane? :aagh:

love jx

Sal
5th March 2011, 09:15 PM

Remploy replied.

Patronising tits :madder:

It really is time there was a law passed to stop these ridiculous bonuses being rewarded when some unfortunate staff within the same company/organisation are losing their livelihoods :sad:

kmaker
6th March 2011, 12:20 AM
Agree Sal....how the hell does one get away with this?

Nizzy
6th March 2011, 07:05 PM
Cnuts.

LeahLooksBetterInTheDark
6th March 2011, 07:30 PM

Remploy replied.

this makes me sick.
I work with adults with disabilities in a day centre, and the government cuts are hugely affecting these guys too. We have been told that the council will assess each individual's needs and they will be categorised into low, substantial and critical. The individuals deemed as low and substantial will completely lose there service.

Yet, they keep services that are completely useless e.g. we have what they call 'wellbeing champions' at work- these people (and there's lots of them) tell you how to eat well and live healthily- all common sense really and a complete insult to us and the poor individuals that are going to be stuck at home, probably not exercising and probably overeating!

UBBARMY
6th March 2011, 11:12 PM
The world has gone money mad- who cares about the workers - no b***er of course - as long as they keep the fat cats fat xx