PDA

View Full Version : 'Signing Off' Release Review

Katie/Reflex
9th November 2010, 03:02 PM
Hi all,

Below is a review on the recent 'Signing Off' release:

BBC - Music - Review of UB40 - Signing Off (http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/reviews/4zpn)

DreamBig
9th November 2010, 03:06 PM
Thanks Katie :D

With all the fantastic reviews about the rerelease, I think that with enough publicity, it would have sold a lot more. There's still loads of people who'd want to get this album a a first or second time round.

FATHER TED2
9th November 2010, 03:45 PM
thanks Katie

Baggariddim
9th November 2010, 07:20 PM
This is a really lovely review. We just got our copy of the remaster and are loving it. One of the things I took away from our trip to the Signing Off gigs was the overwhelming feeling of the importance of the album in the UK and thereabouts at that time. So happy they gave a nice taste of it in the US during their recent tour here.

This is one of the quotes from the BBC review that sticks in my head:

"It seems remarkable that UB40 have been with us for three decades, but we should count ourselves lucky they have".

Perhaps it is remarkable on some or many levels, but these guys have worked very hard and very creatively these 32 years. I count myself as one of the lucky ones they're still here, and immensely thankful.

Peace,
Bagga.....

Sal
9th November 2010, 07:48 PM
Very nice read.......just a damn pity that none of the major music outlets have seen fit to display it on their 'new release' displays :mad:

The majority of them haven't even got any in stock :madder:

Nes B40
9th November 2010, 09:57 PM
Great rean indeed :-D

rohitpaisa
1st March 2013, 05:56 AM
i completly agree with you.they are very underrated..few people know about them in my country, but i love them.

----------------------