PDA

View Full Version : Separate section for gig reviews

Helena
30th September 2010, 01:32 PM
could we have a separate section for gig reviews? for people that don't get to come on here every day it must be really hard to find them amongst all the other stuff. and it would be lovely to have them all in one place where we can read back over gigs gone by.

Tik
30th September 2010, 05:24 PM
that would be ace

Starshine007
30th September 2010, 05:39 PM
I asked for that last year and was told no. Good luck :D

Helena
30th September 2010, 05:49 PM
who told you no? i think it would be a great feature of the site.

Starshine007
30th September 2010, 05:59 PM
Luci took the idea back to... umm can't remember, but "they" said no....

TINA CARMEN
30th September 2010, 06:00 PM
:bounceyellow:sound great

Dean M
30th September 2010, 06:41 PM
i didnt realise the UB's were doing gigs at the moment :eek:

:haha:

Helena
30th September 2010, 10:32 PM
Right i shall start a petition then.

Starshine007
30th September 2010, 10:37 PM
You do that and I'll sign it :D

FATHER TED2
9th October 2010, 08:59 PM
i'll sign it too we demand ours is listened to :lol:

LeahLooksBetterInTheDark
10th October 2010, 06:17 PM
what a great idea. Where's this petition Hels? Got my pen at the ready!

Tik
11th October 2010, 05:45 PM
if not a new section,cant lucy just start a post called gig reviews and just make it a sticky?

FATHER TED2
12th October 2010, 03:42 PM
what he said

nephertiti
18th October 2010, 05:03 PM
Great idea !! I'll sign it....not have to frantically search through everything else .............. I can settle myself down with ma feet up..... ....it took me ages to find the san Fransisco one the other day....yes the storming the stage one.......strategising....

nani
26th October 2010, 01:10 PM
Right i shall start a petition then.

Great idea, Helena :-)

I'll gladly sign. With so many reviews and time zones, by the time I get to read the reviews, some are pagessss down.

Toot for support :lol:

Helena
30th October 2010, 11:30 AM
hmmm still not happened yet. i shall give them 24 more hours and then take action.

Tik
30th October 2010, 11:56 AM
gotta be easier with a sticky hels,couldnt loose do that,especially with all these reviews comin thick and fast

Luci Lockit
30th October 2010, 10:00 PM
re The sticky.. Its a great idea in theory.. but what about the comments we all make after the review- either there wouldnt be any, or it would end up a 50 page thread with one title of "gig reviews"- which would make them even harder to find.

DreamBig
7th November 2010, 12:36 PM
re The sticky.. Its a great idea in theory.. but what about the comments we all make after the review- either there wouldnt be any, or it would end up a 50 page thread with one title of "gig reviews"- which would make them even harder to find.

or how about we continue with the system that we have, and the sticky simply contains links to all the reviews of the tour(s). The actual threads would still be made in the same way as they are now. It's just a thought :D

PABBY
13th November 2010, 06:23 PM
Another band forum that I'm a member of has a great system. There's a separate section entitled 'Show Reviews' and only one of the mods can start a thread in there. Each show the band play gets its own properly titled thread that anyone can post in. The threads appear in chronological order and have ended up being a great historical record of the band's touring history.

However, maybe this system would be a little too late in the day for the UBs .....

San Diego
19th November 2010, 10:30 PM
Too late???? I think that you'll find, if you look in the tour section, that they are quite busy touring for the last few months.

PABBY
20th November 2010, 10:35 AM
Too late???? I think that you'll find, if you look in the tour section, that they are quite busy touring for the last few months.
By too late, I meant that there's 30 years worth of gigs that preclude my suggestion from being viable - i.e. a chronological record of gigs as described by the fans.

Helena
27th November 2010, 05:39 PM
Thats a great idea Pabby. Maybe it could be looked into before their next tour whenever that may be. never too late to start.