PDA

View Full Version : Automatic login

PatriciaP
25th July 2010, 02:20 PM
Hi, when I first used the new site, for some strange reason, I opted to not login automatically every time I visit. I have checked in the User CP section but can't find any way of amending this so that it will log me in automatically. Can this setting be changed please?
Cheers, Pat

Starshine007
25th July 2010, 03:10 PM
I think Patricia WANTS to remain logged in now - in which case she would need to tick the keep me logged in box ...

DreamBig
25th July 2010, 03:12 PM
oh, sorry :p
In which case...

DreamBig
25th July 2010, 03:13 PM
Every time you log in, you have the option of clicking keep me logged in.

If that still doesn't work, you'd have to set your browser to remember the password. What browser are you using?

PatriciaP
25th July 2010, 05:32 PM
Hi Michele/Anant, I use Firefox and it does remember my password, but although I always tick remember me every day when I visit the website I have to re-enter the user name and password and tick remember me. When I visit the site from my work PC I'm automatically logged in because I selected the right option the first time I visited from there. It's not really a major problem as such, just a bit annoying that I have to do it every time - it's my own fault. I just wondered if the option to change this was somewhere in the user CP and I just hadn't seen it or if not if it could be added. Most other things can be changed or re-set to the default options but not this. Thanks for the replies anyway. Cheers, Pat :)

DreamBig
25th July 2010, 08:38 PM
There's something you should try then, it may work.

Come onto the forum, if it's not logged in automatically, don't log in, click on GD or GA or something, and see if it then logs you in. That's how it is for me anyway

PatriciaP
25th July 2010, 10:56 PM
Just tried it - it didn't work.
I may try changing my password and see if it offers the auto login.

DreamBig
31st July 2010, 07:53 PM
clear your internet cache?

PatriciaP
17th August 2010, 09:11 PM

Thanks Anant, it worked!

Cheers, Pat :)

DreamBig
17th August 2010, 09:15 PM
happy to help :D

Nes B40
18th August 2010, 01:30 PM

Anant, whats and where is this internet cache ? this computer thicko needs to know lol.

DreamBig
18th August 2010, 01:36 PM
it's in your internet wallet :p

erm it depends what browser you use. do you use internet explorer nes?

Nes B40
18th August 2010, 02:08 PM
it's in your internet wallet :p

erm it depends what browser you use. do you use internet explorer nes?

I do yes, Will activate my pm but am still using the library so will have to try and remember the info you give me.