PDA

View Full Version : Would you

kate13
10th July 2010, 09:58 PM
Would you ever think of freezing your body after death to be brought back to life in the future.

pedromenedro
11th July 2010, 01:02 AM
Would you ever think of freezing your body after death to be brought back to life in the future.

Kate, not for me bab. Get as much in as I can while I am here,I will give thanks now that all my loved ones are normally deranged and happy, I'll enjoy it while I can!!!! In any case, I ain't so sure I could wake up in 2074 and risk hearing what the music scene might be!!!

Seahorse
11th July 2010, 03:21 PM
No thanks Kathy.
I thought Jacko was going to do it, seems he forgot.

nani
11th July 2010, 04:10 PM

How far into the future are we talking about?

I'd want to wake up and know someone or have some sort of link to what I left behind; my children or grandchildren (none yet).

How did Buck Rogers feel? Cartman didn't get all that he wanted either.

Nizzy
11th July 2010, 04:18 PM
Can ye freeze it so I can go back to last week then win the EuroMillions?

nani
11th July 2010, 04:20 PM
Can ye freeze it so I can go back to last week then win the EuroMillions?

Nizzy, I could crank up the flux capacitor and we'd both go back :lol:

Nizzy
11th July 2010, 04:21 PM
Nizzy, I could crank up the flux capacitor and we'd both go back :lol:

"The dilithium crystals cannae handle it, Captain!!!"

Aw crap - just realised I forgot to record Star Trek IV last night.

nani
11th July 2010, 04:28 PM
"The dilithium crystals cannae handle it, Captain!!!"

Aw crap - just realised I forgot to record Star Trek IV last night.

geek x :friends:

Nizzy
11th July 2010, 04:34 PM
Nay, lass - I only ever watched the original series and that was when I was a nipper, honest! I remember telling my dad "Star Trek's great cos it proves that in the future we'll have sorted everything out and all be pals." He was a bit skeptical, like. :lol:

That film's hilarious though.

Starshine007
11th July 2010, 04:36 PM
Ahh the naievety of youth :wink:

I watched some of Star Trek IV last night - best line: "Double dumbass on you" :lol: only Captain Kirk could get away with that.

nani
11th July 2010, 04:42 PM
Nay, lass - I only ever watched the original series and that was when I was a nipper, honest! I remember telling my dad "Star Trek's great cos it proves that in the future we'll have sorted everything out and all be pals." He was a bit skeptical, like. :lol:

That film's hilarious though.

Dontya just love being a kid :lol: My inspiration for the future was The Jetsons!

Nizzy
11th July 2010, 04:46 PM
Sorry, too young.:kiss:

rhondda rudie
11th July 2010, 04:48 PM
Clingons on the starboard bow,starboard bow,starboard bow.:-)

nani
11th July 2010, 05:00 PM
Clingons on the starboard bow,starboard bow,starboard bow.:-)

Startrekking across the universe :lol:

Nizzy, we didn't get a tv channel on my island until, might've been the late 70s. In NZ, telly started at 6pm so choices were silly American programmes and Coronation Street. I only remember Ena Sharples and that buxomous barmaid (forgot her name)...could explain why I'm not much of a TV watcher still hehe.

I wonder what crappy shows the future will talk about from now :blush:

j59
11th July 2010, 05:11 PM

No Kath.

love jx

Nizzy
11th July 2010, 05:36 PM
Startrekking across the universe :lol:

Nizzy, we didn't get a tv channel on my island until, might've been the late 70s. In NZ, telly started at 6pm so choices were silly American programmes and Coronation Street. I only remember Ena Sharples and that buxomous barmaid (forgot her name)...could explain why I'm not much of a TV watcher still hehe.

I wonder what crappy shows the future will talk about from now :blush:

Bet Lynch was the barmaid with the big personality. Snoop Dogg said this week he wants to be in Coronation Street (true!) - apparently he's addicted to it. That lad smokes to much weed.

nephertiti
11th July 2010, 07:36 PM
What a fabo question - I have thought of it - thee was this very good TV play/thing written by Dennis? Potter? - he had written it when he knew he was dying, the TV channel showed an interview with him (he had stipulated that both the interview and the drama be shown after he died) so they were both on the same night - it was about a guy who had his head preserved and everyone could watch his memories and life story on a "reality TV" channel........his head was brought to life by TV moguls........
It really affected me ....I think it would satisfy my ultimate sheer nosiness as to what is going to happen....I just don't think I'd be happy and probably be very lonely...so not sure...fabi question tho.........

pgb
11th July 2010, 10:57 PM

No way Kath......:aagh:

Nizzy
11th July 2010, 11:42 PM
I wouldn't mind being mummified and put out the back garden so birds could sit on me and that. Not too bothered about coming back, unless it was as somebody else. How boring would it be being the same person all over again?

NUB40
12th July 2010, 05:48 PM
I thought Jacko was going to do it, seems he forgot.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

kate13
12th July 2010, 11:17 PM
Didn't Walt Disney have it done or sumit, I was watching a programme it's surpossed to be popular in American's.........Personally i wouldn't do it, it make's no sence being froze at 70 when your old and knackered, you'd still be old and knackered de-frosted.

Wouldn't you have to be froze before you died, for it to work.

Nizzy
13th July 2010, 12:30 AM
You would need to find a way of freezing the body and keeping the heart going electrically at the same time, and replacing the blood with something that not only did the same job but didn't expand while frozen and burst every vein in your body, otherwise when you got defrosted you'd just be a big sack of mush with a skeleton in the middle.
I think.

kate13
13th July 2010, 01:07 AM
You would need to find a way of freezing the body and keeping the heart going electrically at the same time, and replacing the blood with something that not only did the same job but didn't expand while frozen and burst every vein in your body, otherwise when you got defrosted you'd just be a big sack of mush with a skeleton in the middle.
I think.

It's could be a waste of money then lol

Hang on, Don't they freeze the heart in heart transplants for a few minutes then shock them back into working or am i thinking about something else.

rhondda rudie
13th July 2010, 01:17 AM
I think.

Thank you Dr Quincy:-D