PDA

View Full Version : Distractions and addictions

nani
10th July 2010, 12:34 PM
Hi, my name is nani and I'm a mobile phone addict.

Today is my third day without using my mobile phone. I haven't even looked at it.

rhondda rudie
10th July 2010, 12:36 PM
Stick at it Nani.You can beat this terrible addiction.:-)

McDUB BOY aka Superal
10th July 2010, 01:34 PM
Lol

nani
10th July 2010, 01:53 PM
Lol

...like you lot don't know what I'm talking about :-P

DreamBig
10th July 2010, 02:13 PM
Hi my name is Anant and I'm a crack addict. It's been 6 hours since I last sniffed it.

Nani, how can you be a mobile phone addict? All you really do is call or text people, or are you addicted to texting?

nani
10th July 2010, 02:46 PM
Hi my name is Anant and I'm a crack addict. It's been 6 hours since I last sniffed it.

Nani, how can you be a mobile phone addict? All you really do is call or text people, or are you addicted to texting?

Hi Anant, good luck with your crack-me-up addiction :lol:

No, I'm not addicted to my mobile but it's insipid use has crept into my life as though it's a necessity. There are days that I've wanted to throw my phone out the window. I have, once :lol:

As of Wednesday, my personal protest is to answer it as little as possible. If I break down in my car, I'm sure some nice man will stop to help.The boys can ring me at work if there's an emergency and find their own socks and undies. My co-workers can try to find a solution and if they can't then they can ask. My bestie can go a day without a return txt.

Wanna give it a go too? :-)

DreamBig
10th July 2010, 04:12 PM
I don't use my phone very often, so I suppose I'm already at the stage that you're at :lol:

San Diego
10th July 2010, 04:22 PM
I never use my phone, I only have it so I can stay in touch with my so, Connor. But my addiction is the internet!!! I need an intervention :oops:

nani
10th July 2010, 04:38 PM
I never use my phone, I only have it so I can stay in touch with my so, Connor. But my addiction is the internet!!! I need an intervention :oops:

Same here, Miss Fi :-)

I'm working on an addiction though, need something to make me an eccentric old biddy :lol:

Nizzy
11th July 2010, 04:45 PM
Same here, Miss Fi :-)

I'm working on an addiction though, need something to make me an eccentric old biddy :lol:

Fourteen cats?

Helena
11th July 2010, 06:45 PM
internets mine too. i'm terrible.

Aaron Otang
11th July 2010, 06:54 PM
Helloo My names Tang..& im addicted to schwinging!! :lol:

nephertiti
11th July 2010, 07:21 PM
This is my one addiction and I am now in imposed detox programme as laptop has RIP.....so my time is limited ...wish you luck Nani with the mobile though - I hav e taken to just not answering, as you say anyone you really know will find umteen ways to find you anyway..............ah ..I feel as though I am talking in a void...trust my time out to be when the footie is on..........Hello.....Hello.....

nani
12th July 2010, 12:58 PM
This is my one addiction and I am now in imposed detox programme as laptop has RIP.....so my time is limited ...wish you luck Nani with the mobile though - I hav e taken to just not answering, as you say anyone you really know will find umteen ways to find you anyway..............ah ..I feel as though I am talking in a void...trust my time out to be when the footie is on..........Hello.....Hello.....

My friend had her frowny face on when I told her. Guilting me about not being in constant contact with my sons won't work. 'Contact' -yes. 'Constant' - no.

I'm not going to wish your 'detox' programme works, Nephertiti. I want to get to know you!