PDA

View Full Version : UB40 July 2010 North America Tour Schedule

kmaker
24th April 2010, 04:42 AM
made u look....
C'mon, get over here fellas.....

GefferyMorgan
24th April 2010, 04:57 AM
Amen, would be really nice to see the guys here in July....especially a July 4th gig! That would be the bees knees!

Seahorse
24th April 2010, 07:39 AM
You made me look :eek::eek:
It's not going to work for me, I can't get any time off in July :(

kmaker
24th April 2010, 02:03 PM
You made me look :eek::eek:
It's not going to work for me, I can't get any time off in July :(
Right then, one corporate gig at your office if that's the case Gail.

GefferyMorgan
24th April 2010, 02:13 PM

That sounds good....Earl needs to watch out for the copy machine though....Brian and the brass section can play back there behind the water cooler...lol

Seahorse
24th April 2010, 09:53 PM

That wouldn't be such a crazy idea as it sounds a few years ago. :)
Just before I moved to the U.S. our boys were actually booked at the London Arena where I worked. Sadly we weren't able to give them a second night, because of a churchy event the following day, so they cancelled. :( and played all of their London gigs at Wembley. So close, yet so far.

j59
24th April 2010, 10:16 PM
4th July last year Ubs were playing in Antwerp in Belgium :grin:

Hope you get your dates soon :grin:

love jx

kmaker
25th April 2010, 12:42 AM
just a thought...wasn't it U2 that did the rooftop gig and took London by surprise?...not that the UB40 boys need that kind of attention. What about UB40 "rooftop" tour? All gigs performed downtown on rooftops (major centers in North America July 2010)....?...how would we sell tickets for that....what if it rains...forget it.

Seahorse
25th April 2010, 01:47 AM
UUmmmmmm we tend to have 'quite' a bit of rain and wind during the summer months in FL. Another reason why July would be NO GOOD!!!!

kmaker
25th April 2010, 02:45 AM
UUmmmmmm we tend to have 'quite' a bit of rain and wind during the summer months in FL. Another reason why July would be NO GOOD!!!!
so we're back to the evening gig in your garage it appearsnext day at work might be a little rough

GefferyMorgan
25th April 2010, 03:39 PM
what about a tour of baseball stadiums? UB40 performing right before big games....i.e. at New Yankee Stadium right before a big Yankees vs. Red Sox matchup.......at least something to think about isn't it

kmaker
25th April 2010, 04:49 PM
I like it....but we don't have a pro baseball team here...Toronto and Montreal. I'd fly there or even Denver, Los Angeles...just can't afford to take the family too far and there's no way they would let me go alone....no way.

Seahorse
25th April 2010, 06:02 PM
I couldn't be doing with having to sit through a baseball game afterwards. I played enough rounders at school to last a life time.

Now after work at my house sounds just dandy. No worries about getting to work the next day. Not being a morning person they wouldn't notice a difference :laff: