PDA

View Full Version : jb did you

FATHER TED2
17th April 2010, 07:05 PM
manage to watch defiance yet?

JB40
17th April 2010, 07:53 PM
I sky-plus'd it last week eamonn [HD of course]. Gonna watch it this weekend I hope.
I've also got 'State of Plat' and 'the imaginarius of Parnassum. . er. . the Imaginarium of Dr pandamoneum. . . .er. . . the Pandemonium of Dr. . . .
That new Terry Giliam movie.

FATHER TED2
17th April 2010, 07:55 PM
you mean the jokers last movie jimmy

JB40
17th April 2010, 07:56 PM
That's the one Eamon.

FATHER TED2
17th April 2010, 08:02 PM
would you agree with frankie boyles view, that as good as his performance was in the batman film, people may not have gone quite so over the top about it had he not died before the release of the film

JB40
17th April 2010, 08:08 PM
actually eamon, I think heath ledger in the Dark Knight did a famously bad performance. At times he reminded me of jack lemon [particularly the great Race]. But I suppose bad performances are memorable like really good performances. He decided he needed to go over the top and that's exactly what he did. Over all though I think the film works. it's showboating rather than great acting. But he's fun to watch.

FATHER TED2
17th April 2010, 08:14 PM
i always thought his best role was in the patriot, mel gibsons attempt to americanise braveheart

JB40
17th April 2010, 08:18 PM
I hated the patriot, one of Mel's rare duds. He was spot on with Braveheart, but the Patriot was all wrong. Can't say heath ledger has overly impressed me in anything.

FATHER TED2
17th April 2010, 08:24 PM
its the only other film i saw him in, i think any good actor atm the goal isn't necessary movies, but tv, certainly in america lot of actors are going into tv, whereas before being on the big screen was the thing to strive for