greggs sausage, bean and cheese pasty! mmmm the lick :bigwink:

Nizzy
7th April 2010, 09:33 PM
Haggis, tatties and neeps.

In a pasty.

Yum.

Starshine007
7th April 2010, 09:42 PM
Craig, you and McDubby need to start a haggis appreciation society, but you might end up with only a select few members. Its the haggises (haggi?) I feel sorry for :wink: :lol:

Nizzy
7th April 2010, 09:43 PM
I only eat free-range ones that have spent their days happily gambolling about on a hillside somewhere, M.

Starshine007
7th April 2010, 09:45 PM
I only eat free-range ones that have spent their days happily gambolling about on a hillside somewhere, M.

Free range or cooped up, they're still god's creatures C :roll:

Nizzy
7th April 2010, 09:48 PM
I'm so ashamed.

Hats off to the slaughtermen. I couldn't do it myself - not with those big brown eyes staring up at me.

In future I'll only eat ones which have been put out to stud, then. At least they'll have had a bit of a social life.

Starshine007
7th April 2010, 09:53 PM
I suppose that's mildly better. I hope they come with certificates to say how much of a social life they had before those evil slaughtermen took them off to the abbattoir!

Nizzy
7th April 2010, 09:56 PM
They chip and pin them nowadays, so you can tell if they've been putting it about.

Or there's always the veggie option:

The Vegetarian Society UK -A Veggie Haggis for a Burns' Night Feast! (http://www.vegsoc.org/news/2001/burns.html)

Mind you, I might be in need of a chicken madras after that concoction.

Starshine007
7th April 2010, 10:11 PM
After reading the veggie option, it's probably a much better idea just to chase a live one round the field :lol:

Not sure I'd like chips and pins with haggis though, doesn't appeal to my delicate palate :laff:

Mike.
8th April 2010, 12:10 PM
Not sure I'd like chips and pins with haggis though, doesn't appeal to my delicate palate :laff:

:):):)

Cornish is running away with it!

john balfour
10th April 2010, 04:36 AM
Haggis, tatties and neeps.

In a pasty.

Yum.

Now I do like the sound of that! (licking lips and drooling over keyboard):beer:

Nizzy
10th April 2010, 12:04 PM
Now I do like the sound of that! (licking lips and drooling over keyboard):beer:

Hell, yeah, John! :-D

You can probably get them somewhere but my Mrs makes 'em. I asked her for her pastry recipe but it was about five pages long so sod that. This will make two, by the way.

Step 1 - BUY PASTRY!

Then:
50g onion
150g tatties
50g neeps
50g steak mince
50g haggis
1tbsp fresh parsley
salt, pepper and teaspoon-tip of chilli powder

Heat the oven to 180C. Dice the spuds and turnip (or swede) and cook in boiling water for 4-5 minutes. Chop the onion and parsley.
Roll out the pastry and cut out a big circle about the size of a dinner plate.
Arrange the onion in a line along the middle, with the mince and haggis on top, then the swede and potato and finish with the parsley, salt, pepper and chilli.

Make it look kind of like a pasty.
Glaze with a beaten egg and cook it for about half an hour tops.

Bingo.

Bloody hell, I'm starving now.

john balfour
10th April 2010, 12:26 PM
Thanks for that, I'll certainly be giving this a go.....cheers pal!!:beer: