PDA

View Full Version : Has The World Gone Ga Ga

rhondda rudie
2nd April 2010, 01:46 PM
Can anyone explain to me the appeal of Lady Ga Ga.Her main claim to fame seems to be dressing like Elton John in the early 70s.I can't stand her music and my youngest daughter now informs me that she's about to put a book out that will be full of photos of her in various ridicilous outfits.It should be called "How to dress like a d**k".I don't need advice on that,I mastered the art in the 80s.:-D

Waltjo
2nd April 2010, 06:10 PM
She is awful isn't she Tom? :laff::laff::laff: I like your description of her lol :-D

Erin
2nd April 2010, 06:17 PM
I don't get it either! I don't like my celebraties to look weird. Even if she's an awesome singer, I'll never know cuz I refuse to listen!!

Jolene
2nd April 2010, 06:28 PM
I've been trying to understand the Ga Ga craze for awhile now also. I really don't get it except that the fact is, Yes... the world has literally gone gaga (insane). I'll give her credit, she can sing.... and I guess she can play piano too. What I don't get is why she's hiding under all those costumes. I guess part of it is pure shock value.... and she's cashing in on kids and young adults being shocked and thinking she's cool cause she dresses like she's in a circus. I would like to say she's a fad, here today gone tomorrow. But I'm not sure......

:love: Jolene

San Diego
2nd April 2010, 06:29 PM
I'm sure everyone thought that Elton John was a fad with all those costumes too. I'm not a fan, but I don't mind her.

Jolene
2nd April 2010, 06:32 PM
I'm sure everyone thought that Elton John was a fad with all those costumes too. I'm not a fan, but I don't mind her.

True, but he doesn't dress like that anymore. So the costumes were a fad.

caja
2nd April 2010, 07:26 PM
can i just put my 2 pence in?
she is a breath of fresh air in todays music industry...better then maddonnnnnnnnna....love her style love her music and cant wait for her next trend...
shes fantastic maybe what the music industry have needed for a few years now!
love
chris xxx ;-)

Erin
2nd April 2010, 07:41 PM
AWW CHRIS! Sure you can put your opinion in...even if it is WRONG

Erin
2nd April 2010, 07:42 PM
There was supposed to be the evil smile after that so you'd know I was joking ;)

San Diego
2nd April 2010, 07:49 PM
I've been trying to understand the Ga Ga craze for awhile now also. I really don't get it except that the fact is, Yes... the world has literally gone gaga (insane). I'll give her credit, she can sing.... and I guess she can play piano too. What I don't get is why she's hiding under all those costumes. I guess part of it is pure shock value.... and she's cashing in on kids and young adults being shocked and thinking she's cool cause she dresses like she's in a circus. I would like to say she's a fad, here today gone tomorrow. But I'm not sure......

You said, she's a fad, not her costumes... :grin:

Jolene
2nd April 2010, 08:00 PM
can i just put my 2 pence in?
she is a breath of fresh air in todays music industry...better then maddonnnnnnnnna....love her style love her music and cant wait for her next trend...
shes fantastic maybe what the music industry have needed for a few years now!
love
chris xxx ;-)

I disagree, she's lumped in there with the rest of the pop music going on today. It's all shit as far as I'm concerned. The best music out there is not music that's played on the radio, but the music you have to find on your own. Where's all the true talent and musicianship? There are so many truly talented people and bands out there that don't get a fair chance. So many that are way more talented than Ga Ga or Madonna or any of them. My 13 year old daughter even stopped listening to the radio because of people like them.

But then again, maybe I'm just getting old.

Jolene
2nd April 2010, 08:00 PM
You said, she's a fad, not her costumes... :grin:

Fair enough.

San Diego
2nd April 2010, 08:02 PM
:laff: :laff: :laff:

Erin
2nd April 2010, 08:10 PM
oooo, Joleeeeneeeee, gettin FEISTY on the BB!!!!

rhondda rudie
2nd April 2010, 08:14 PM
I think she's a perfect illustration of what's wrong with today's music industry.She's the Tony Blair of pop,all style and no substance.Her rise is a triumph of marketing over musical content.

caja
2nd April 2010, 08:15 PM
sorry i think shes fantastic...
love chris xxx ;-)

Jolene
2nd April 2010, 08:31 PM
oooo, Joleeeeneeeee, gettin FEISTY on the BB!!!!

:laff: That's me everyday. I rarely show it on the BB though.

Jolene
2nd April 2010, 08:32 PM
I think she's a perfect illustration of what's wrong with today's music industry.She's the Tony Blair of pop,all style and no substance.Her rise is a triumph of marketing over musical content.

EXACTLY.... well said, thank you.

Nizzy
2nd April 2010, 09:25 PM
I love GaGa - she's a sexy, feisty chick with a phone on her head - what's not to like?**
If I had her figure I'd still be dressing like that too.

**(Apart from the music, obviously - that's a pile of kack.)

pgb
2nd April 2010, 10:07 PM
She is selling albums big time, so she must do something right.
Not my style at all. [[shivers]]

rhondda rudie
2nd April 2010, 10:10 PM
I agree with Jolene.There is great music around but you have to find it yourself.I can't comment on the US charts but the standard of the UK charts is at an all time low.

stubby
3rd April 2010, 10:12 AM
If you couldn't see her, you'd think she had a great voice!
I think her dancing is a bit questionable but the costumes well I think its just her way of getting noticed! Madonna got away with it didn't she?
It was funny when she arrived in Australia though, the outfit she had on to travel in was hilarious and must have been sooo uncomfortable.
But that said I remember looking ridiculous in the name of fashion when I was younger, my dad used to piss himself laughing at what I went out in sometimes!!lol

JB40
3rd April 2010, 02:48 PM
something about lady ga ga reminds me of hazel o connor

andybluenoes
3rd April 2010, 03:04 PM
I obviously dont watch enough tv or listen to enough radio.
I dont know what she looks like or sounds like.

Maybe thats not a bad thing :square:

JB40
3rd April 2010, 03:06 PM
I obviously dont watch enough tv or listen to enough radio.
I dont know what she looks like or sounds like.

Maybe thats not a bad thing :square:

She's a bit like hazel o Connor Andy.

andybluenoes
3rd April 2010, 03:11 PM
She's a bit like hazel o Connor Andy.

Arrr right, she werent too bad actually way back then....

Vagely remember her and that strange dress sense :-D

Nice lyrics too....

Behold what I have done
I've made a better world for everyone

JB40
3rd April 2010, 03:28 PM
also, think 'Hot gossip' when they did 'starship trooper'. In fact, that would be a perfect post-modern, ironic cover version for ga ga to do. And she wouldn't have to change the costumes.

Starshine007
3rd April 2010, 03:43 PM
Why is this thread turning into a teenage boys' drool session? :shock:

JB40
3rd April 2010, 03:45 PM
she ain't my type

Starshine007
3rd April 2010, 03:46 PM
I was thinking more of the Hot Gossip analogy ....

andybluenoes
3rd April 2010, 03:46 PM
Just watched this

GQ95z6ywcBY

I think she got a decent voice. Not quite sure about the dress sense (well some of it!), but maybe thats cos Im now an old fart :laff:

Starshine007
3rd April 2010, 03:47 PM
When I caught a glimpse of her on Wossy the other week I thought she was modelling for some new Dali collection with the phone on her head.

stubby
3rd April 2010, 03:58 PM
LOL She had coke cans rolled in her hair the other day!!
The Kermit frog outfit is insane!
I pity the poor people that get the job of interviewing her and having to keep a stright face! lol

San Diego
3rd April 2010, 04:03 PM
We were watching the Oscars the other night and were laughing, she had on the most ridiculous head piece, you could see the people sitting behind her having to crane their heads just to see the stage... :laff: :laff:

Tik
3rd April 2010, 04:31 PM
what the fuk does anyone see in her??????????

stubby
3rd April 2010, 04:41 PM
She's quite a pretty girl without all the crap on her face!

Carolanne
3rd April 2010, 04:49 PM
She's mad as a bucket of worms - that's why I like her:grin:

C

San Diego
3rd April 2010, 04:50 PM
crazier than a bed bug! :laff:

Lilia Urrutia
3rd April 2010, 04:56 PM
She's alright.

Baggariddim
3rd April 2010, 08:26 PM
She's got some good dance tracks, some interesting (if often crass/pretentious) theatricality and, some real talent for sure. But in the wake of Lady Gaga, Fergie, etc....Madonna, Janet and Prince still do it better, as did Michael even in his last days. The Gagas and other pop up and comings, both male and female of this generation could stand to learn a few things from them and many others---Music and Showmanship class 101. For that matter, Alicia Keys, Jay-Z and Mary J. Blige can show them how it's done.
Peace,
Bagga.....