PDA

View Full Version : Faggots!

Mike.
15th March 2010, 06:50 PM
Simple question - do you like Faggots?

Luci Lockit
15th March 2010, 08:20 PM
There are two types of faggots (of the food variety) I know though.. one is made from haslet, the other 'original' is sheeps entrails.. like haggis.. which ones do you mean Mike..
I actually like them both, mind you!

San Diego
15th March 2010, 08:24 PM
I think I'm going to Hurl now....

rhondda rudie
15th March 2010, 08:31 PM
I think I'm going to Hurl now....

Well be quiet and vote no then.:wink:

Starshine007
15th March 2010, 08:33 PM
The kids down the road used to have them for dinner, I never stopped round there long enough to try them, the name was enough to be offputting.

JB40
15th March 2010, 08:37 PM
I love faggots.
And I remember eating sheeps brains on toast. And perrywinkles, using a pin to open the little trap door in the shell.
My dad used to love pigs feet and tripe. The whole house would smell really bad when he ate tripe.

Starshine007
15th March 2010, 08:39 PM
Suddenly, I feel rather sick.

Can't think why :?

rhondda rudie
15th March 2010, 08:41 PM
I love faggots.
And I remember eating sheeps brains on toast. And perrywinkles, using a pin to open the little trap door in the shell.
My dad used to love pigs feet and tripe. The whole house would smell really bad when he ate tripe.

My dad loved bread and dripping.He also used do the water that the cabbage had been cooked in.That used to really make me heave.

Starshine007
15th March 2010, 08:42 PM
Do what to it Tom? Drink it?

McDUB BOY aka Superal
15th March 2010, 08:49 PM
The hagi is a beautiful animal

JB40
15th March 2010, 08:53 PM
My dad loved bread and dripping.He also used do the water that the cabbage had been cooked in.That used to really make me heave.

My old man was exactly the same. I remember eating bread and dripping. And he always had the cabbage water too.

San Diego
15th March 2010, 08:56 PM
My old man was exactly the same. I remember eating bread and dripping. And he always had the cabbage water too.

I remember eating dripping sandwiches, I must have liked them as I did eat it, but the thought of it now, just turns my stomach...

rhondda rudie
15th March 2010, 08:58 PM
Do what to it Tom? Drink it?

Yeah,drink it,sorry Michele.:-)

Helena
15th March 2010, 09:33 PM
yeah i like faggots

Helena
15th March 2010, 09:34 PM
though really i like anything

McDUB BOY aka Superal
15th March 2010, 09:36 PM
He hee

PatriciaP
15th March 2010, 10:15 PM
We actually had 'em for tea tonight. Lovely :D

Tik
16th March 2010, 09:21 AM
faggots home made chunky fat chips mushy peas and gravy........lush

i still eat bread and dripping now by the way....tis lush too

Nes B40
16th March 2010, 02:11 PM
Can't stand Faggots but don't mind Haggis once in a while, My Mum used to eat dripping buttie's and drink cabage water,

Nizzy
16th March 2010, 02:17 PM
Aye, faggots are well-tasty. Yum.

Erin
16th March 2010, 07:32 PM
I remember eating dripping sandwiches, I must have liked them as I did eat it, but the thought of it now, just turns my stomach...

My mom eats that...ugh, I never could understand how she could eat it like it was good....

No faggots for me either, but I do like cockles at the seaside, with vinegar and some sand.....

NUB40
16th March 2010, 08:16 PM

Thats just made me hungry :?

Love the frozen brains faggots but none of the others :roll:

flossy
17th March 2010, 01:14 PM
never tried them, but my best mate loves them,we used to cook tripe for our alsation the whole house stank !!!on the way to scotland to see relatives we were talking about haggis and i asked what it was:haha: my dad said it was a black, furry animal that lives in the trees and if i looked carefully i might see one jump from tree to tree, sooo i spent ages looking out the window at the trees till i caught them giggling !!!!!!!! i wouldnt mind but i was SIXTEENbloody idiot :roll:

Erin
17th March 2010, 01:32 PM
never tried them, but my best mate loves them,we used to cook tripe for our alsation the whole house stank !!!on the way to scotland to see relatives we were talking about haggis and i asked what it was:haha: my dad said it was a black, furry animal that lives in the trees and if i looked carefully i might see one jump from tree to tree, sooo i spent ages looking out the window at the trees till i caught them giggling !!!!!!!! i wouldnt mind but i was SIXTEENbloody idiot :roll:

LOL !!!! too funny!

pgb
17th March 2010, 11:13 PM
erm....................and don't think I'll ever try!!!:oops:

reallytruly
19th March 2010, 11:41 AM

Never thought I'd drool over anything that Tik said .. but .. DROOOOOOOL

pedromenedro
31st March 2010, 12:41 PM
Faggots, Thick home made chips, mushy peas........Feck it I am back off down the caff

LeahLooksBetterInTheDark
31st March 2010, 08:27 PM
Thats just made me hungry :?

Love the frozen brains faggots but none of the others :roll:

oh yeah Mr Brains frozen faggots! what a treat :lol:

john balfour
1st April 2010, 12:29 PM
Nah, faggots is too northern. Give me a plate of pie,mash and liquer with a side plate of jellied eels any day!!!!:-D

Mike.
1st April 2010, 04:29 PM
Nah, faggots is too northern. Give me a plate of pie,mash and liquer with a side plate of jellied eels any day!!!!:-D

No thanks.

LeahLooksBetterInTheDark
1st April 2010, 08:56 PM

jellied eels :aagh:

Lilia Urrutia
1st April 2010, 09:29 PM
jellied eels :aagh:

Doesn't sound appetizing does it?

LeahLooksBetterInTheDark
1st April 2010, 09:35 PM
Doesn't sound appetizing does it?

omg the thought of it is making me wrench :aagh:

john balfour
1st April 2010, 10:25 PM
omg the thought of it is making me wrench :aagh:Plenty of pepper and vinegar Leah, it'll help to mask the flavour!!!:lol:

jstancer
2nd April 2010, 01:18 PM
Go to Iceland and get Brains faggots in chip shop curry ........lovely

LeahLooksBetterInTheDark
2nd April 2010, 01:25 PM
Plenty of pepper and vinegar Leah, it'll help to mask the flavour!!!:lol:

thanks for your advice but i wont be needing it :lol:

Tango
4th April 2010, 11:17 PM
Brains Faggots, Mashed Potato & Mushy Peas
Beautiful:love:

kmaker
5th April 2010, 06:04 AM
I remember grandad having his "fags"....but I think that's a little different....
While we're on the diet thing, I remember winkles and cockles from the beach in Folkstone (yep, boiled...allegedly...and soaked in vinegar), followed by some Cadbury 99 loaded ice creams, some rich pastry with cream and jam in the middlesome rock candy on the walk up the high street to nanny and grandads, then nan would always give us a sip or two of sherry (pint or so) before tucking us in....nothin about faggots as I recall but god I was sick....every bloody summer...but no faggots in my childhood.

dutchy
19th April 2010, 10:49 PM
I used to love poofs, but ended up married a woman

Nizzy
19th April 2010, 11:31 PM
I used to love poofs, but ended up married a woman

What turned you, Dutchy - a charming girlish laugh or a big pair of knockers?