PDA

View Full Version : Tribute Bands

amarillorflo
2nd March 2010, 01:02 AM
Cant be doing with all these crappy wanna be tribute bands.
Nothing, will compare to the real UB40.
All you decaying wanna be s, need to get a life.
UB42 who are you kidding?

old loonie
5th March 2010, 04:58 PM
not sure you will get an answer on the POLL section my friend, try General anarchy.
Welcome:friends: by the way

DreamBig
5th March 2010, 05:21 PM
I think you've missed the point mate. They're called a tribute band because they want to do something that will pay tribute to the greatness of UB40. They don't think that they are on the level of UB40, but they do want everybody to know of UB40's greatness

old loonie
5th March 2010, 05:22 PM
probably some bring it across better than others Anant

rhondda rudie
5th March 2010, 06:28 PM
I'm all in favour of UB40 tribute bands.It gives us more chances to hear the music we love live.UB40 must also be unique in spawning a tribute band that contains their own former lead singer.

old loonie
5th March 2010, 06:57 PM
I'm all in favour of UB40 tribute bands.It gives us more chances to hear the music we love live.UB40 must also be unique in spawning a tribute band that contains their own former lead singer.

:laff::laff::laff::laff:

Nes B40
5th March 2010, 07:25 PM

Think you need to try listening to some of them before you can pass judjment, you'll be supprised how good some of them are.

McDUB BOY aka Superal
5th March 2010, 07:35 PM
All for them .

Lilia Urrutia
6th March 2010, 01:27 AM
not sure you will get an answer on the POLL section my friend, try General anarchy.
Welcome:friends: by the way

Yes, welcome to the BB.

Helena
6th March 2010, 01:26 PM

what an odd first post. i don't agree with you i'm afraid. I think any UB tribute is a great idea.

and i'm afraid i'm not going to say welcome. either you only joined to have a go at people or you're an alias.

Nizzy
6th March 2010, 01:37 PM
Never heard of anybody taking the time to sign up to a forum just so they can slag off tribute bands playing the music of the band in question. What a grim, ungrammatical post. What are you - five?

Starshine007
6th March 2010, 01:39 PM
I'm sure some troll said much the same last year as the original post up there. Someone with an axe to grind :roll:

pantsthebass
8th March 2010, 09:02 AM
I am the bass player in UB42 , this same person has been leaving messages on our website . As you can see they have only joined on here to have another go at us as we have suspended the message board on the site due to the abuse . We are sorry for this !! This person is very sad .

brummieboy
8th March 2010, 09:11 AM
Very sad . I bet it's there one and only post too . If he/she didn't like ub42 why are they going on to there website leaving messages ? for example , I don't like REM , so i don't even bother looking at there site . Why would I ?

Dean M
8th March 2010, 10:02 AM
i saw UB42 last year and had a brilliant night
i think they would have played all night given the chance

off to see them again :)

2B40
8th March 2010, 12:41 PM
Being a fan of a band and also being a performer, it is a pleasure for any tribute artist to be able to pay tribute to his or her heroes. I think people like the person who posted the original comment is probably bitter because he can't sing or play a musical instrument. When we go out and play the people ain't coming to see us but to listen to us play the music to the best of our ability and best of all enjoy themselves dancing and singing along. Its not as easy as it sounds either, you have to learn to play the songs and rehearse all the time to make sure you always give a 110% performance :-D

pantsthebass
8th March 2010, 05:44 PM
We have been known to carry on playing !! So many good tunes to play ! It's hard sorting out a set list before each gig !!
Further to this person's comments before , we are not UB40 wannabe's . We are a tribute band that simply play the music which we love . There is nothing better than playing onstage the music that we were brought up on . It is an honour to be in a UB40 tribute band . Hopefully this very sad and lonely person will go away .

Mike.
8th March 2010, 06:31 PM
We have been known to carry on playing !! So many good tunes to play ! It's hard sorting out a set list before each gig !!
Further to this person's comments before , we are not UB40 wannabe's . We are a tribute band that simply play the music which we love . There is nothing better than playing onstage the music that we were brought up on . It is an honour to be in a UB40 tribute band . Hopefully this very sad and lonely person will go away .

And stick at it! I've not had the pelasure of seeing you guys, but RITK and Homegrown I've seen and its a great thing to do!

I'm contemplating starting up a reggae band myself.

old loonie
8th March 2010, 06:47 PM
not another tribute Mike::aagh::laff::laff::laff:

Lilia Urrutia
8th March 2010, 08:24 PM
Being a fan of a band and also being a performer, it is a pleasure for any tribute artist to be able to pay tribute to his or her heroes. I think people like the person who posted the original comment is probably bitter because he can't sing or play a musical instrument. When we go out and play the people ain't coming to see us but to listen to us play the music to the best of our ability and best of all enjoy themselves dancing and singing along. Its not as easy as it sounds either, you have to learn to play the songs and rehearse all the time to make sure you always give a 110% performance :-D

Luv your enthusiasm. Don't let others get you down. I know I welcomed the member on a previous post, however, I don't think that a tribute band deserves to be picked on because you are doing what you love, which is paying tribute to a wonderful band.

Mike.
9th March 2010, 01:25 PM
not another tribute Mike::aagh::laff::laff::laff:

A tribute yes, but kinda across the board and not specific to one band.

old loonie
9th March 2010, 01:40 PM
a covers band then Mike, please n:roll:ot another UB tribute its getting flooded, the guys aint even retired yet

old loonie
9th March 2010, 01:42 PM
retired what am i talking about ,that word should never be used ,UB40 shall go on forever or until Jimbob, cant drum anymore

Starshine007
9th March 2010, 04:18 PM
Shhh, don't give him ideas :wink:

tazy
12th March 2010, 09:02 PM

who the hell are you these guys done the pleasure of playin at my pub in wiltshire and if there that bad why would loz parry get up there and jam with them ???? its true theres only one ub40 but its nice to see people playin there stuff every where by every one ......

Dean M
12th March 2010, 10:04 PM
what makes me laugh is...although they are called UB42..when i saw them .. they played mainly UB songs because that was what they were booked for but also played Ska from the 80 era
to me they are not like The Bootleg Beetles who try to replicate the beetles

UB42 play the music they/we love in the style that is thier own

also like to point out.. the whole place (resturant with over 200 people) was absolutely buzzing and dancing
reasons i know this
1. i gave the owners the idea of booking them after i saw the original line up at a pub in e 17
2. i work for the owners of the resturant .... www.castawaysessex.com (http://www.castawaysessex.com)
3. i was there that night and they were bloody brilliant

Aaron Otang
12th March 2010, 10:09 PM
who the hell are you these guys done the pleasure of playin at my pub in wiltshire and if there that bad why would loz parry get up there and jam with them ???? its true theres only one ub40 but its nice to see people playin there stuff every where by every one ......

Well Said TazzO, UB42 are a great band,they just love to play the music they love & inspired them... It's Simple... Most of the tribute bands i know J2b,Homegrown,Rats in the Kitchen are all really talented too, and just for the same reason...

No-one will EVER emulate UB40, they have a Unique sound, Thats easy to Understand.

I think we are lucky to have tribute artists that promote the sound of UB40,Shows you how much they are legends of reggae really!!