PDA

View Full Version : How do people feel about the hijacking of threads on here

Helena
28th February 2010, 07:41 PM
Heard mixed attitudes towards this. Just wondered what the general feeling is. Vote is completely annonymous.

p.s. this isn't me passing judgement, i'm just giving examples off different opinions i've heard.

Starshine007
28th February 2010, 07:42 PM
Are there any voting options, for those who have an opinion?

Helena
28th February 2010, 07:44 PM
lol you are too quick. i was putting them in while you were posting that.

Starshine007
28th February 2010, 07:47 PM
Ouch at that last option :lol:

Helena
28th February 2010, 07:48 PM
lol as i said it's completely annonymous. so you can choose whatever you like. though whoever votes first is likely to be you seeing as you're here so yours will probably be obvious lol

Starshine007
28th February 2010, 07:50 PM
Then I shall withhold my voting until later :wink:

Helena
28th February 2010, 07:55 PM
oh god well someones got to get the ball rolling. there is an option if you're not bothered either way so no-ones got an excuse not to vote lol

Helena
28th February 2010, 07:57 PM
oooh we have one (wasn't me)

Starshine007
28th February 2010, 07:58 PM
2 now, and neither was me :shock:

rhondda rudie
28th February 2010, 08:01 PM
Heard mixed attitudes towards this. Just wondered what the general feeling is. Vote is completely annonymous.

p.s. this isn't me passing judgement, i'm just giving examples off different opinions i've heard.

I strongly disapprove of hyjacking.So,what did you all think of the football today?:-):-):-)

NUB40
28th February 2010, 08:02 PM
Im going to have to think about this one :-?

Theres a couple of options i could go with :roll:

Helena
28th February 2010, 08:05 PM
I strongly disapprove of hyjacking.So,what did you all think of the football today?:-):-):-)

lol very funny

Sal
28th February 2010, 08:09 PM
I think thread hijacking can sometimes diffuse seriousness and conflict. Its what keeps a post interesting for me........don't want this place becoming as boring and starchy as the house of commons do we?? Some of the funniest posts have come from hijacked threads.......its a thumbs up for me :-D :grin:

Waltjo
28th February 2010, 08:27 PM
I just voted and it doesn't really bother me, so I opted for that :grin:

DreamBig
28th February 2010, 09:26 PM
It can't be helped I'm afraid. It wouldn't happen if we had hundreds of members online at a time. But it's a small tight knit community, so it's bound to happen, it can't be stopped.

It creates banter, yes the original post can get lost, but it just takes a post from the op saying "can you answer my question please" to bring it back on topic :D

McDUB BOY aka Superal
28th February 2010, 11:20 PM
I hate the jackers .

Starshine007
28th February 2010, 11:21 PM
Careful McDubby, your hero is a jacker. And that wasn't quite the questions, keep on topic :wink:

rhondda rudie
28th February 2010, 11:31 PM
That's what I love about this site,everyone talks about everything.Look at the general anarchy forum in the last couple of days.We've had everything from the sensitive issue of euthanasia to someone trying to buy a gimp suit.Where else could you get that?!!!

McDUB BOY aka Superal
28th February 2010, 11:36 PM
Now what did i pick , viva the hijackers

McDUB BOY aka Superal
28th February 2010, 11:38 PM
Rudie a jacker

rhondda rudie
28th February 2010, 11:42 PM
:-)Rudie a jacker

Oh aye,sorry Helena:shame:Bernie,you're a grass:grrr::-)

McDUB BOY aka Superal
28th February 2010, 11:43 PM
What ,

kate13
28th February 2010, 11:51 PM
I voted i'm one off the hijackers as i do do it and i'd be lying if i don't vote that one...I could have picked a few options.

For the 14 peeps who've clicked on the first 2 options lol I'm waiting patiently for your added imput into topics on the BB keep them all sensible posts, if you feel that way have the balls to put it on the BB.

old loonie
1st March 2010, 12:35 AM
ask FI:lol::lol::lol:

Bytheway2006
1st March 2010, 12:38 AM
Done !!

Aaron Otang
1st March 2010, 07:18 AM
Can we View who posted what?? its no fun otherwise..lmao!!! :lol: Bommmbsss awwway!!!!!!!! :lol:

loekie
1st March 2010, 07:21 AM
Can we View who posted what?? its no fun otherwise..lmao!!! :lol: Bommmbsss awwway!!!!!!!! :lol:

my idea but nope you can't well not afraid to tell what I voted, option 4 in another words I don't give a f**k

Starshine007
1st March 2010, 08:38 AM
For the 14 peeps who've clicked on the first 2 options lol I'm waiting patiently for your added imput into topics on the BB keep them all sensible posts, if you feel that way have the balls to put it on the BB.

What she said! Kathie I was thinking the same thing but got caught up with other stuff to type something similar out last night.

Its all very well voting, but to not then back this up with a comment... well the silence speaks volumes.

NUB40
1st March 2010, 08:43 AM
I voted yesterday :D

I went with the "im a hijacker" because i am :oops: :roll:

pgb
1st March 2010, 09:21 AM
Done.

Option 4 for me.

Nizzy
1st March 2010, 12:02 PM
I love it when threads take an interesting turn - it's the sign of a a strong forum.
And I hereby pledge that if it happens (again) to one of mine (it already has but it was me that did it - twice) I will never use the dreaded phrase " Getting back on topic."
I always find that "Anyway..." works just fine.

Anyway, getting back on topic, I voted for six.

STING
1st March 2010, 12:34 PM
erm..................

rhondda rudie
1st March 2010, 01:30 PM
4 for as well.

Anniemg
1st March 2010, 01:54 PM
I did vote for number 2.....BUT before you all jump on me and give me a good beating :lol:
On the whole it really doesn't bother me....and yes....it does liven this place up abit......so don't stop!
The only time it gets to me is if there is a post that someone wants answers/opinions on a certain subject.....then there is a 10 page hijack.....I then feel....oh well missed that topic....not worth replying to as the topic has moved on.....do you get me ? :lol:

now going into hiding >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Nizzy
1st March 2010, 01:56 PM
I did vote for number 2.....BUT before you all jump on me and give me a good beating :lol:
On the whole it really doesn't bother me....and yes....it does liven this place up abit......so don't stop!
The only time it gets to me is if there is a post that someone wants answers/opinions on a certain subject.....then there is a 10 page hijack.....I then feel....oh well missed that topic....not worth replying to as the topic has moved on.....do you get me ? :lol:

Fair point Annie. There are a huge amount of posts daily on here compared to some forums and it's hard enough to keep track as it is.

Nes B40
1st March 2010, 02:11 PM
I think thread hijacking can sometimes diffuse seriousness and conflict. Its what keeps a post interesting for me........don't want this place becoming as boring and starchy as the house of commons do we?? Some of the funniest posts have come from hijacked threads.......its a thumbs up for me :-D :grin:

Here here, you have said was I was thinking, If it wasn't for hijacking half the fun would be taken out of the board I for one like to have a laugh and make something funny outa somebody else's post where it fits lol.

kate13
1st March 2010, 03:57 PM

Annie no need to go into hiding lol i can see were your coming from and you've made some good points...Sometimes we all feel that way and the original topics does let lost in a post, so you can think why bother or just post crap....Maybe we should make better selections over hijacking posts...so people like yourself can contribute to those topics at a later date, with valued imput, without peeps thinking, oh i've missed the post so nobody will be interested in what i've got to say....one thing i have found, since moving to this BB the topic posts change daily, posts do find themselves on page 2,3 very quickly....apart from the hijacked ones.

Anniemg
1st March 2010, 05:05 PM
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> now out of hiding :lol:

Thanks Kathie....it is true....the pages to go very quickly to pages 2,3 etc....much quicker than the old BB. I shall start posting more crap in future then :lol: & erm If people could just wait until I have made my reply before hijacking a thread....that would be just brilliant :angel:

Carolanne
1st March 2010, 08:13 PM
Voted.
It doesn't bother me - I post mostly crap anyway

C

Starshine007
2nd March 2010, 09:40 PM
Right, so we've behaved ourselves 2 nights in a row. What have we got to show for it today? Very little.

Have any of those who voted for 1 and 2 posted anything anywhere? They didn't even have the bravado to justify their votes in here... I think we've proved a point, sticking precisely to the topic on any thread at all times just doesn't provide discussion and debate. The sound of tumbleweed is basically all that's populating the bb tonight... if it continues this place will be worse than another site I could name.

DreamBig
2nd March 2010, 09:46 PM
I think a fair few topics have been hijacked :D

Starshine007
2nd March 2010, 09:48 PM
Not with a lot of enthusiasm Anant. Maybe the curfew's over though :wink:

DreamBig
2nd March 2010, 09:50 PM
Well then, follow my lead. We're on a hijacking mission.
I'm gonna repley to loads of threads, and you reply too, and gradually take the subject to oreos

Starshine007
2nd March 2010, 09:57 PM
No oreos Anant, some of us have diets to think of :wink:

DreamBig
2nd March 2010, 09:59 PM
surely talking about them can't pile on the calories?

fine, I'll think of another way to hijack

DreamBig
2nd March 2010, 10:07 PM
Ok, the subject has to move to carbon monoxide michele. That's how we win this war

Starshine007
2nd March 2010, 10:11 PM
Who are we poisoning?

DreamBig
2nd March 2010, 10:14 PM
The conformists!!!

Infact, we've won a great victory! We've hijacked a thread that is about hijacking! Point proven methinks.

Also, I'd say it's a common courtesy to make a post that relates in a helpful way to the orignial before commencing hijacking

Starshine007
2nd March 2010, 10:22 PM
Well we wrote a few posts on topic.... no one else responded though they had ample opportunity...

Ghost
3rd March 2010, 10:48 AM
2 : I only tend to read post which may have an interesting headline, so if i read it and it goes off topic then i give up reading it. Too many people post crap and waffle on because they have nothing better to do. Stick to GA as i never go there

Poesiemau
3rd March 2010, 11:55 AM
Eventhough it can't be helped, but good post do get lost sometimes in all the hijacking because of the speedy reading. Does it annoy me? Yes, sometimes, but not all the time :mrgreen:

DreamBig
3rd March 2010, 04:08 PM
2 : I only tend to read post which may have an interesting headline, so if i read it and it goes off topic then i give up reading it. Too many people post crap and waffle on because they have nothing better to do. Stick to GA as i never go there

with all due respect, but maybe if you have the time you should read more threads? the headline is like having a 30 second teaser for a song. and loonies know what we think about that :laff:

A little open mindedness goes a long way :D

Ghost
3rd March 2010, 05:56 PM
with all due respect, but maybe if you have the time you should read more threads? the headline is like having a 30 second teaser for a song. and loonies know what we think about that :laff:

A little open mindedness goes a long way :D

Yes i did trawl my way through that one!!!. But the point is make the heading interesting and i'm likely to read it, and i don't then want to read a load of piffle. I have better things to do with my time than read something that has been hi jacked.

Alan