PDA

View Full Version : UB40/Ali

Kodiak
25th January 2010, 11:42 PM
Should we stop posting about anything current regarding former UB40 band members?

GefferyMorgan
26th January 2010, 07:41 AM
The current crap that's going on will come out in the wash.....let the UB40 and Ali legal teams handle it. As for the rest....sure, we all liked Ali at one point or another...so yeah, I'm all for talking about the olden times when he was in the band.....it would be kinda odd to pretend those first 28 years never happened, wouldn't it?

Helena
26th January 2010, 08:22 AM
I've gone for the 2nd. We can't forget Ali completely - he was a major part of the band we love for over 2 decades. But I am getting sick of all the crap. How can we criticise them for constantly talking about UB40 when we're doing it with Ali. I know it's not as much but it only seems to take the slightest comment for people to drag it out pages and pages and it's really boring to tell you the truth. I used to be one of the worst but after a year or so it started to feel like old news. At some point we're really going to have to put it to rest.

DreamBig
26th January 2010, 01:58 PM
He has his place in general discussion, not ub40 discussion

Waltjo
26th January 2010, 02:25 PM
I voted for No2 as well :bigwink:

pgb
26th January 2010, 09:55 PM
Deffo no 2,...........its TIME to move on.
Posts about Ali when he was in the band okay,.............after he left not on this BB.

Lilia Urrutia
27th January 2010, 01:24 AM
I agree with GefferyMorgan, we can' forget Ali, regardless of the situation, he was a member and his talent as well as the other band member's, made UB40.

Nes B40
27th January 2010, 02:27 PM
Ditto, btw welcome to the board Lilia

Lilia Urrutia
28th January 2010, 04:41 AM
Happy to be a member...

stubby
28th January 2010, 01:02 PM
We don't have to be childish and not mention his name, but yeah let the crap stop.
We're bigger than that!! No 2 it is!!

JB40
28th January 2010, 03:28 PM
It's only natural that UB40 fans will react to ttvo's nastiness in the media. And it could get worse before it gets better, but I have a feeling that it won't go on forever. His desperate attempts to steal our name will be coming to an end soon. He will have to give up and concentrate on his own music, he has no choice, it's just that his 4 fans don't know it yet. If they want to see UB40 then they can come to OUR shows. I'll even offer them a free ticket so they can enjoy themselves like everyone else. Instead of standing in cold empty halls watching their hero go through the motions in order to get payed. That must be really depressing, going to see ttvo in BIRMINGHAM and the venue [which was tiny anyway] being only half full. that can't be much fun can it ? And what's the betting that this latest show will be empty too. It looks like it's backwards and downwards for ttvo.

old loonie
28th January 2010, 07:26 PM
Post what we want, as BT said look at the hits when he is mentioned

McDUB BOY aka Superal
21st February 2010, 09:27 AM
You cant foreget ali or micky ,its part of ub40,s history ,

Nizzy
21st February 2010, 10:25 AM
I know I just got here:square:, but it's a forum - surely we should be able to talk about anything we like?

I'd never post anything to or about someone on here I wouldn't say to their face, that's all.

Naydee
23rd February 2010, 08:57 PM
Mmmm, I sometimes wonder if people here, who comment on Ali, page after page, often the same discussion, namely, him using UB40's name for his own benefit, are falling into a trap that has been set to annoy/upset. When you stand back away from it all, you have to ask yourself maybe this is what Ali's management want, people talking about him, people shouting, people getting angry and generally people keeping his name going. I understand everyone's anger but I also understand that they have a mission to keep his name alive and what better way to do it than, get everyone annoyed and all steamed up.... I think he's been discussed enough, and I often think because things get said here that are very personal, it must hurt his brothers, who are in UB40, and what's the point in that? They've been very very dignified and a credit to themselves, they're behaviour has been impeccable, they're silence, has spoken volumes. So for me, I say, think before you jump on the band wagon. It's the easiest thing to bite back, but knowing how much Ali's side need promotion, any kind, even bad promotion is good at this point, why bother... they need us more than we need them. Have a nice evening everyone. x

Luci Lockit
24th February 2010, 03:30 PM
Mmmm, I sometimes wonder if people here, who comment on Ali, page after page, often the same discussion, namely, him using UB40's name for his own benefit, are falling into a trap that has been set to annoy/upset. When you stand back away from it all, you have to ask yourself maybe this is what Ali's management want, people talking about him, people shouting, people getting angry and generally people keeping his name going. I understand everyone's anger but I also understand that they have a mission to keep his name alive and what better way to do it than, get everyone annoyed and all steamed up.... I think he's been discussed enough, and I often think because things get said here that are very personal, it must hurt his brothers, who are in UB40, and what's the point in that? They've been very very dignified and a credit to themselves, they're behaviour has been impeccable, they're silence, has spoken volumes. So for me, I say, think before you jump on the band wagon. It's the easiest thing to bite back, but knowing how much Ali's side need promotion, any kind, even bad promotion is good at this point, why bother... they need us more than we need them. Have a nice evening everyone. x

What she said! :love:

What a mature and considered post..
Luci x

Poesiemau
25th February 2010, 12:40 PM
I voted the second option too, Ali and Mickey are part of UB40's history, so that should have to be allowed. But i think all the negativity has been discussed enough on here and shouldn't be brought over (from whereever) anymore. It's the same discussion all the time anyway, and nothing we do or say will change anything. Let's leave that to the UB's and/or their representatives...

Ghost
26th February 2010, 11:47 AM
No2. All the slagging to and fro drove me away from both sites for most of the last two years. However it still seems to be going on and a lot of posts degenerate to the same level. Its not what i come here for and whilst it continues my visits here will be sporadic!!

Alan

CAMELV
26th February 2010, 01:44 PM
When i found out ali had left the band i was gutted and feared the worst.
I have to admit at the time i thought the band would not be the same after seeing a few clips of duncan singing on you tube, but after seeing ub live in the echo arena in liverpool my was faith was restored.
I thought the concert was as good as any i have seen and now the new album has been released i feel that normal service has been resumed.
well done ub40.

ITS THE STUFF WE THINK WE KNOW THAT STOPS US ALL FROM LEARNING.