PDA

View Full Version : Caburys- A thought

NEPCHOON ROSE
19th January 2010, 06:00 PM
as a taxpayer, can't help thinking that me and a large marjority of other taxpayers would have been more than happy to use our taxes to keep cadburys as a brit company than bail out royal bank of scotland

thinks that make me go mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :???:

Waltjo
19th January 2010, 06:38 PM
Sad Neps very sad I think :|:| and if Gail's opinion of American chocolate is anything to go by then :eek::eek::eek::eek:

kate13
19th January 2010, 08:45 PM
Yeep Nep it's terrible they've sold it :( and the amount of debt kraft have gone in to buy it :rolleyes: it's not good.

j59
19th January 2010, 09:00 PM
Yep, Neps, should be kept in our (tax payers) hands

love jx

JB40
19th January 2010, 09:50 PM
Dividends and bonuses may be behind that decision methinks.

Starshine007
19th January 2010, 09:52 PM
Shame when the future of a company with a tradition such as Cadburys depends on pleasing the shareholders.

DreamBig
19th January 2010, 10:01 PM
The bars are going to get even smaller, and they will be 95% sugar, 4% chocolate and 1% factory waste product, inevitably :lol:

Starshine007
19th January 2010, 10:03 PM
If they start tasting like most of Hershey's... I'll have to give up :shock:

Oh hang on, Galaxy isn't a Cadbury product is it?

DreamBig
19th January 2010, 10:06 PM
I actually quite like Hershey's, but they taste like they've been filled with chemicals that destroy life itseld

Starshine007
19th January 2010, 10:09 PM
There's one Hershey product that tastes like gone off washing up liquid http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/starshine007/smilies/puke.gif

NEPCHOON ROSE
19th January 2010, 10:11 PM
I actually quite like Hershey's, but they taste like they've been filled with chemicals that destroy life itseld

i like em too, but nothing can beat a dairy mlik bar, and i do belive cadburys own green and blacks as well and they do proper chocolate

i give it anything between 6 months to year before they start closing factorys down or maybe even bournville to move production overseas cause it will be cheaper :(

DreamBig
19th January 2010, 10:14 PM
Recently I've started eating Milka chocolate rather than cadburys. It's quite nice, but tastes just like sugar :p

kate13
19th January 2010, 11:41 PM
The bars are going to get even smaller, and they will be 95% sugar, 4% chocolate and 1% factory waste product, inevitably :lol:

Then could get bigger like American Breakfasts.

Waltjo
19th January 2010, 11:48 PM
Good kickstart for a diet then :razz::razz:

kate13
20th January 2010, 12:38 PM
On a serious note, are we going to have to cancel easter cause we can't get cadburys easter eggs, or cream eggs, those cheapy eggs are horrible...yuck Whats going to happen to chocolate buttons every toddlers going to be in tears and the mothers, half for you and half for me days are numbered.

I'm wondering how many job loses they're going to be.
It might benefit the American workforce, it not going to benefit us.
Kraft went into 7 billion debt to buy it, you wonder were the money came from the banks or the American goverment.

That's another british industry been sold off.

j59
20th January 2010, 05:27 PM
On a serious note, are we going to have to cancel easter cause we can't get cadburys easter eggs, or cream eggs, those cheapy eggs are horrible...yuck Whats going to happen to chocolate buttons every toddlers going to be in tears and the mothers, half for you and half for me days are numbered.

I'm wondering how many job loses they're going to be.
It might benefit the American workforce, it not going to benefit us.
Kraft went into 7 billion debt to buy it, you wonder were the money came from the banks or the American goverment.

That's another british industry been sold off.

Sold off on borrowed money. How does that work then?

We could have bought it on borrowed money. True Neps, Kath and I would have eaten the profits.(If there were any).

love jx

NEPCHOON ROSE
20th January 2010, 05:38 PM

We could have bought it on borrowed money. True Neps, Kath and I would have eaten the profits.(If there were any).

love jx

if you check my blood type it is dairy milk negative :lol:

San Diego
20th January 2010, 05:40 PM
Hmm... Neps, I would have guessed Dairy Milk positive :laff:

kate13
20th January 2010, 11:17 PM

love jx

Jen & Nep Wasn't it 8.40 a share and if you've got an extra 7 billlion knocking around, bobs your uncle.

You might be lucky if you get a cream egg with the profits.

udub40
21st January 2010, 12:05 AM
you should try cadburys chocolate from cadburys ireland it seems much richer in taste the golden crisp is better than s.. well almost .

kate13
21st January 2010, 12:17 AM
you should try cadburys chocolate from cadburys ireland it seems much richer in taste the golden crisp is better than s.. well almost .

What do you feed your cows, that we don't

kate13
21st January 2010, 09:02 PM

love jx

Jen have you heard, by all accounts the 7 billion was a loan off RBS so they could buy it :ooh: :lol:

JB40
21st January 2010, 09:12 PM
Yes kathie. The whole deal was brokered by RBS. There'll be some serious bonuses going round when that deal is done. F**k the workers !

NEPCHOON ROSE
21st January 2010, 09:21 PM
Jen have you heard, by all accounts the 7 billion was a loan off RBS so they could buy it :ooh: :lol:

yeah find out about the rbs connection, which is a travesty in the long run it will cost workers dearly in the end, and some fat cat a new million pound house

kate13
21st January 2010, 09:26 PM
It's taking the mick when the goverment bailed the RBS out.:roll:

Have they paid the goverment back yet.