PDA

View Full Version : Would you ever get in debt to see UB40?

j59
3rd October 2009, 07:12 PM
Cost of tickets, transport and accommodation etc can start to add up, do you still go anyway....it is UB40 after all

love jx

NUB40
3rd October 2009, 07:31 PM
No as much id love to go every gig wherever they may be my family come first :wink:

Starshine007
3rd October 2009, 07:36 PM
How much debt? Though any debt's too much if you can't pay it off.

If I had that little spare cash I'd attempt to get to the most local gig and be happy with that. Thankfully, at the moment, I have a few spare pennies :wink:

I have friends who have put trips from UK to USA on their credit cards to see bands - 2 years on they're still struggling to pay them off, so I wouldn't advise it.

Then again, if its someone's only pleasure and they're happy to do it, and aware of the implications, I'm not their conscience.

Maid Marion
3rd October 2009, 08:37 PM
Love the boys to bits but no would not get into debt. Would save and go to a local gig which for me is LG (NEC) Birmingham.

ANiMALicious
3rd October 2009, 09:06 PM
i work for bills so once in a while i think f**k it! something for me and bugga the bills.

:)

Ani

JoshF
3rd October 2009, 09:56 PM
I dont work or nothing because im thirteen but if i could go in debt to se UB40 then yes 8) 8) 8)

pgb
4th October 2009, 03:15 PM
A big NO from me Jen.
Not going to any gig, UB or other if I can't afford it.

ConnyB.
5th October 2009, 10:02 AM
No, never done this before and I will never do this. :)

Waltjo
9th October 2009, 10:24 PM
Well a little bit of debt :oops: where it's taken me a while to get my finances straight again :wink:

ubs4me
10th October 2009, 04:12 PM
no i couldnt do that, it would just ruin my night i would be worried sick about paying it back

maccat
27th October 2009, 04:50 AM
Well seeing that we'd have to make the most of it when they come to New Zealand i would have to say yes!

MAYBETOMORROW
15th November 2009, 01:10 AM
Get into a situation where I can't pay my debts? No.....

But I am guilty of booking hotels, tickets, etc.... when I can't really afford it.........however, the concerts have always been fantastic and those memories will last me a lifetime.......how can you put a price on that?

stubby
15th November 2009, 01:55 AM
Yes same Dave, if i was that stupid to getmyself into enormous amounts of debt, I reckon i would have been the first on a plane to NZ, US and everywhere else they play.
And yes the memories are priceless!!

ib40
16th November 2009, 06:25 PM
Have borrowed in advance on the odd occassion, but not to get into huge debt about it, if I cant afford to go, I dont get the tickets :(

Tandycat
20th November 2009, 01:48 AM
Have definitely used the ol' credit card a few times (for plane tickets and hotels) when I see the lads. But I've got a low interest rate and the charges are paid up soon enough so it's no bother, really. Would happily do it again

Skirge, The Chef
20th November 2009, 05:02 PM
I have done, RAH gig, CDP 1st cancelled one, and Dalby.

steven creamer
22nd November 2009, 01:18 PM
A little bit of debt, but hey when there here in the states I just have to see them. Hopefully they will play at the House of Blues in Boston someday. Cheers mates

Stevie 2fingerz

jahmekya
22nd November 2009, 02:18 PM
No, I wouldn't, because the family comes first....But I'm lucky to live in the Netherlands and the UB's play here often. So if it's financially not possible I just have to wait for them to return...I don't know what I would do if I had lived in the US, Canada or another country they visit once in 5 (or more) years...

joolz
22nd November 2009, 10:15 PM
NO!

raamatukogu
25th November 2009, 03:14 PM
No. View more forum and get the picture. But certainly never want to see them in concert and even better than the fans to participate in the meeting.
This is my dream ...

HK

joolz
25th November 2009, 04:03 PM
No. View more forum and get the picture. But certainly never want to see them in concert and even better than the fans to participate in the meeting.
This is my dream ...

HK

HUH??!! *never want to see them in concert??????* Are you sure you meant to say that??!

Well to elaborate on my post - i wouldnt get into debt to see them...personally dont want to get into debt for any reason!! Fortunately my finances have allowed me to travel far and wide to see the boyz - all bought and paid for cash! However my JOB is dicating my social life right now

....and the British weather!! haha

raamatukogu
26th November 2009, 07:29 AM
Sorry!

I have never been to a concert, but I want to be a very.

This is my dream!

HK

big Mick 68
26th November 2009, 09:50 AM
no point getting in debt, but it is very wothwhile to see them time & time again.

debbie.s
29th November 2009, 09:59 PM
absolutley!!!!