Helena
31st August 2009, 10:00 PM
Personally i'm pro royals

Waltjo
10th September 2009, 10:16 AM
I prefer it to being a republic so yes

ANiMALicious
11th September 2009, 07:13 AM
The Royals are a drain on public spending.

Ani

FATHER TED2
11th September 2009, 10:04 AM
they're a waste of space who provide nothing and know nothing of real life, over privilaged under working in breds, whilst i would never wish any harm to them, i deeply resent having to pay taxes to help fund this family of parasites

Helena
11th September 2009, 12:55 PM
or you could look at it that they are forced into a life that is privilaged yes but also intrusive, with everyone having high expectations of them. they're the only people in the public eye that never chose to live that way. They're followed by the press 24/7, they have to live exactly by the book. Harry only has to do so much as go to a nightclub and it's all over the papers. i think it's fair to question whether we have the royal family or not as i can see your point about it being a drain on taxpayers cash. But I really don't think it's fair to blame the individuals. It's not like William can turn round now and say that actually he doesn't want to be royal and they can all shove it up their ass. he knows he's got to do whats expected of him.

FATHER TED2
11th September 2009, 02:22 PM
none of them have to do it, they're not forced, they chose to, they can easily say they dont want to be part of it
and even if the rest of their family were to disown them for not wanting to be royalty, well losing people like that is never any big loss

Helena
11th September 2009, 02:35 PM
it's easy to say they don't have to but it's really not that simple for them. it's like somone thats bought up in a devout religion. they may rather not be that way but they can't just abaondon their family and everything/everyone else they've ever known. it's the only way of life they've ever known and why should they give it up just because some people don't agree with it.

FATHER TED2
11th September 2009, 03:22 PM
even if they have been born into it they can abandon that style of life anytime they want, they're capeable of free will, the same as the rest of us
i totally agree that they should be able to stay in the lifestyles to which they're accustomed, if they so wish but only if they actually get out and earn the money themselves instead of sponging of the rest of the country

Helena
11th September 2009, 04:15 PM
well both of the princes are serving in the army. i'd say that they're doing their bit.

Nes B40
11th September 2009, 04:19 PM
well both of the princes are serving in the army. i'd say that they're doing their bit.

I think they are expected to arn't they, Might be wrong :)

FATHER TED2
11th September 2009, 04:23 PM
true they're both in the army but i seriously doubt they will ever be in the thick of battle and even if they saw any front line action you can bet their safety would always take precedent over every single other soldier

Helena
11th September 2009, 04:25 PM
well if that did happen i'm sure it certainly wouldn't be at their request. they both have more integrity than that.

Helena
11th September 2009, 04:26 PM

I think they are expected to arn't they, Might be wrong :)

well as eamonn said before, they could still say no couldn't they? but they didn't did they.

ANiMALicious
11th September 2009, 06:11 PM
Sorry Hels i have to disagree with them "doing there bit" if you recall one of em was brought home due to his platoon getting more fired upon because of him.
flying around in a safe zone is not my idea of them going to war.
it was simply a publicity stunt to make them look good and normal.
now if they go and get proper jobs like the rest of us then i got no problems with them.
chance of that happening...zero.

Also i have a question... what do they actually do for this country?

Ani

San Diego
11th September 2009, 06:16 PM

Ani

Now look at the flip side of that coin. They are a tourist attraction that draws visitors from all over the world, those tourist stay in the hotels, eat in the restaurants, buy souvenirs, ride the buses and taxi's

....The Royals are a wonderful revenue stream.

Nes B40
11th September 2009, 06:43 PM
Sorry Hels i have to disagree with them "doing there bit" if you recall one of em was brought home due to his platoon getting more fired upon because of him.
flying around in a safe zone is not my idea of them going to war.
it was simply a publicity stunt to make them look good and normal.
now if they go and get proper jobs like the rest of us then i got no problems with them.
chance of that happening...zero.

Also i have a question... what do they actually do for this country?

Ani

Jack shoyt

I nearly got into a fight last year over this conversation for saying to a scott what does the horse face queen do for this country, his answer was you dis the queen to me again and i'll chew ya face off :shock:

Helena
11th September 2009, 07:00 PM

Ani

Now look at the flip side of that coin. They are a tourist attraction that draws visitors from all over the world, those tourist stay in the hotels, eat in the restaurants, buy souvenirs, ride the buses and taxi's

....The Royals are a wonderful revenue stream.

Exactly Fi.

And Ani yeah it's true they're not allowed on the front line, but thats no fault of theres whatsoever. I remember it was reported that Harry was determined to go but it was out of his hands and they stopped him from going. And if you think what they're doing isn't a 'proper job' then thats a bit of an insult to all the other military servicemen out there that have similar roles.

Nes B40
11th September 2009, 07:14 PM
But he was already their firing a machine gun behind the sandbags
on the front line before he got pulled out after the frets, Pluss wern't one of them fighting in the falklands, Prince andrew sure of it. Think he was on one of the ships.

Helena
11th September 2009, 07:24 PM
Yeah andrew did. For some reason they won't let harry though.

STING
26th September 2009, 11:29 AM
fk em! :roll:

Rebel Soul
27th September 2009, 09:03 AM
cudn't give a sh*t either way, I hardly think of 'em really.... but if there was a referendum i wouldn't vote FOR them.

FATHER TED2
28th September 2009, 10:35 AM
i deeply resent paying towards the royal family to me they are totally alien to how most people in the real world live and i dont believe a single one of them has ever made a worthwhile contribution to the world but i respect peoples right to support them if they wish, and would wish them no harm, but to me the thought of royalty has always been a totally absurd concept, there must have been a time, centuries ago when there were no royal families, then all of a sudden, a few families in certain countries said, right we're never going to work, the rest of you are going to pay for us, you shall worship us as if you are lesser mortals, everytime we walk in a room, you shall stand up and sing a song in our honour, get on our wrong side and we may have you killed.

and other people actually went along with it :?