www.myspace.com/bollywoodpiano

have a look and a listen. :D

j59
6th September 2008, 11:40 AM
:D Looked and listened :D Enjoyed what I heard :D

love jx

Nods
6th September 2008, 12:35 PM
talent does have a happy way of reachin the top man........
lookin an soundin the bees knees

Rebel Soul
7th September 2008, 03:08 PM
cheers for that! :D :wink:

Carolanne
7th September 2008, 03:14 PM
That was really lovely - very calming :D

C

WERNER
7th September 2008, 06:56 PM
Perfect time to play this....sunday evening...getting my mind straight :D

Thanks !

Waltjo
7th September 2008, 08:40 PM
Nice 8) 8) 8) so you are into Indiam music now then Imani? tell us more about it please8) 8)

Rebel Soul
8th September 2008, 10:44 AM
Thanks Carolanne, Werner and Mags....glad u enjoyed it. :D 8)

Mags, I heard bits of Indian film music on the radio and coming out of people's houses growing up around Bradford, I always loved the rhythms of some tunes cos it reminded me of reggae....but I'd never had the opportunity to play it. I responded to a job ad at Royal Northern College of Music back in May, "pianist required to play Bollywood/Indian wedding themed background music at an Asian wedding (August)"......I responded straight away, cos I liked the idea of doing something new......so I learnt roughly 35 songs in the space of three months!..........so far i've done a few gigs, had some lovely feedback, the wedding went great.....it dawned on me after a month or so that there was a demand for the kind of stuff I do too, so I got the myspace together a month ago. :D

LyricOfficer
8th September 2008, 11:06 AM
Beautiful music x

Crump
8th September 2008, 01:00 PM
Superb!

WERNER
8th September 2008, 02:36 PM

Mags, I heard bits of Indian film music on the radio and coming out of people's houses growing up around Bradford, I always loved the rhythms of some tunes cos it reminded me of reggae....but I'd never had the opportunity to play it. I responded to a job ad at Royal Northern College of Music back in May, "pianist required to play Bollywood/Indian wedding themed background music at an Asian wedding (August)"......I responded straight away, cos I liked the idea of doing something new......so I learnt roughly 35 songs in the space of three months!..........so far i've done a few gigs, had some lovely feedback, the wedding went great.....it dawned on me after a month or so that there was a demand for the kind of stuff I do too, so I got the myspace together a month ago. :D

The first thing I thougt was - why isn't this on cd yet ? The second thing was that I would love to try to produce a jazzy/lounge beat for one of your songs. I'm not that experienced so it would be a great challenge for me and we could do this together by sending tracks and comments if you'll find the time for it.
In the meantime....go on ! :D

Sylvie B
8th September 2008, 03:00 PM
Hey Imani when you coming down here to see us.You got anywhere with giggin round Ladbroke Grove yet?
You are such a talented musician it will surely happen for you I think it is already my freind.
Wonderful music there uplifting xx tc

Rebel Soul
8th September 2008, 03:12 PM

The first thing I thougt was - why isn't this on cd yet ? The second thing was that I would love to try to produce a jazzy/lounge beat for one of your songs. I'm not that experienced so it would be a great challenge for me and we could do this together by sending tracks and comments if you'll find the time for it.

Claudia, am working on the cd and a few people have asked , thanks......but remember the project is still young! :wink: Will keep you posted.

Cheers Sylvie- weird coincidence that whilst I've been putting all these piano tracks together, I had to put my own music on the back burner....my friend up here who I co-produce my songs with has been looking after his mother since the beginning of June, her health's been up and down........so understandably I haven't been able to push forward. All being well soon though. No, I definitely haven't forgotten gigging down there...

Sylvie B
8th September 2008, 03:18 PM

Claudia, am working on the cd and a few people have asked , thanks......but remember the project is still young! :wink: Will keep you posted.

Cheers Sylvie- weird coincidence that whilst I've been putting all these piano tracks together, I had to put my own music on the back burner....my friend up here who I co-produce my songs with has been looking after his mother since the beginning of June, her health's been up and down........so understandably I haven't been able to push forward. All being well soon though. No, I definitely haven't forgotten gigging down there...

Nice one sorry to hear about your freind's mother hope she makes a speedy recovery soon.......n remember when you do get down to the big smoke pm me so a few of us can come & see you & support you in the audience
tc xx
btw thanks for the Gatwick stuff don't know what it was about but it made me chuckle the other day while we were coming in to land @ a miserable Gatwick.
I was sitting next to Jeremy Clarkson's double & he knew Jeremy too him what a laff we had on the plane he was just like him lmao in fact I'm going to see him in Corfu next year he's a Brit living out there lol :lol:

Waltjo
8th September 2008, 03:21 PM

I love Indian music 8) do you remember Bangra Beat music in the late 80s early 90s I used to love that :wink: that reminded me a lot of reggae it was so vibrant which is why I loved Hunterz and the Dolh Blasters (sorry spelling is crap) on WYFF 8) 8) 8)

Rebel Soul
8th September 2008, 03:33 PM

Nice one sorry to hear about your freind's mother hope she makes a speedy recovery soon.......n remember when you do get down to the big smoke pm me so a few of us can come & see you & support you in the audience
tc xx
btw thanks for the Gatwick stuff don't know what it was about but it made me chuckle the other day while we were coming in to land @ a miserable Gatwick.
I was sitting next to Jeremy Clarkson's double & he knew Jeremy too him what a laff we had on the plane he was just like him lmao in fact I'm going to see him in Corfu next year he's a Brit living out there lol :lol:

Yes, I'll do my best to get down there Sylvie......

Don't ask about Gatwick.......I think it'd confuse you even more! :lol: :) .......Say hi to Jeremy ClarksTwin too. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rebel Soul
8th September 2008, 03:35 PM

I love Indian music 8) do you remember Bangra Beat music in the late 80s early 90s I used to love that :wink: that reminded me a lot of reggae it was so vibrant which is why I loved Hunterz and the Dolh Blasters (sorry spelling is crap) on WYFF 8) 8) 8)

I remember stuff like Asian Dub foundation from the 90s, yeah.....and Bally Sagoo from Birmingham, he actually was very reggae influenced. 8)

Tik
9th September 2008, 01:08 PM
always had a thing for asian music imaners,ever since school.....i used to go to the local temple with some friends of mine,who played there.....the beat is awsome....it was the drums that always did it for me ....be good to hear some more of your stuff...hope it goes well

Rebel Soul
9th September 2008, 04:12 PM
always had a thing for asian music imaners,ever since school.....i used to go to the local temple with some friends of mine,who played there.....the beat is awsome....it was the drums that always did it for me ....be good to hear some more of your stuff...hope it goes well

Cheers Tik....yeah, know what you mean.....used to live round the corner from a Hindu temple meself and I enjoyed hearing the singing and drums too. I should have some more sound samples up next month.