PDA

View Full Version : I had a poll running yesterday. Today it's gone.

the cult of the Ratcatche
26th July 2008, 10:14 PM
Why did admin remove it?

It simply asked if Ratcatcher's ban should be lifted.

When I looked at it last night it was running neck and neck (9 for Ratcatcher's ban to be removed and 10 for it to be maintained). Today it seems to have been deleted, not by me so it must have been by admin but I'm not sure why?

Was the question offensive?

Are we not allowed to question admin?

Do we not have free speech?

That's what this poll is about...

Luci Lockit
26th July 2008, 11:38 PM
If a player is sent off the field, the referees decision is final.
If a licensee asks a rowdy customer to leave, then his/her decision is final.
I think it is at the admins discretion - thats their job!
I am not voting this poll, merely commenting on it.
Id ask (ask) others not to vote on it either
Luci x

UBhappy
26th July 2008, 11:47 PM
If a player is sent off, it is normally for that game not for life!
If you are removed from a pub/bar, it is not normally for life!

I think that removing the poll yesterday is a sign of removing peoples right to freedom of speech .. something which BT has stated regularly he is against. I think the fact that lots of people voted yesterday and today to say it was a wrong thing do, yet felt unable to say why they felt that and show their names is a true sign of how people actually feel on this board.

If you don't go with the flow you are scared that you will banned!

Luci Lockit
26th July 2008, 11:58 PM
Well I wouldnt expect you to agree with anything I said lol

Sorry- do you know he is banned for life or are you just assuming that?

i banned people from my bar for life too, actually- its not that unusual

Luci Lockit
27th July 2008, 12:03 AM

No, we dont do that on this board....

27th July 2008, 09:08 AM

No, we dont do that on this board....Then why the reluctance to reply but not a reluctance to vote?

Helena
27th July 2008, 10:14 AM
If a player is sent off, it is normally for that game not for life!
If you are removed from a pub/bar, it is not normally for life!

I think that removing the poll yesterday is a sign of removing peoples right to freedom of speech .. something which BT has stated regularly he is against. I think the fact that lots of people voted yesterday and today to say it was a wrong thing do, yet felt unable to say why they felt that and show their names is a true sign of how people actually feel on this board.

then how come you want me banned for life from the ali board? or should everyone have freedom of speech except for me? :P

Luci Lockit
27th July 2008, 11:54 AM

No, we dont do that on this board....Then why the reluctance to reply but not a reluctance to vote?

Huh? Sorry I dont understand. I did reply, I didnt vote. Nowt to do with going with the flow.

UBhappy
27th July 2008, 11:57 AM
I voted for a three strikes and you're option or yellow card option Helena ... give everyone a second (and even third) chance to see if they can change their ways and learn why they have been banned ... if they come back after the third banning with exactly the same behaviour its obvious they don't want to change and you then have to look at how much trouble they have caused and make that decision.

I think you will find that I have never said I want you banned for life Helena ... maybe thats another of your ever changing stories?

Luci Lockit
27th July 2008, 12:54 PM
maybe thats another of your ever changing stories?

Thats the trouble with life.. there is no black and white.. lots of things are truth .. or not.. depending on what angle you take...

thats why some things should be left for those who do know the big picture to discuss.. people whos actual business it is...

Luci

27th July 2008, 09:34 PM

Huh? Sorry I dont understand. I did reply, I didnt vote. Nowt to do with going with the flow.I meant that people seem keen to vote (13 think Adam was wrong so far, only two think he was right) yet reluctant to identify themselves - I was not necessarily talking about you.

What is becoming clear is that people think that unless you toe the line you will be dealt with.

San Diego
27th July 2008, 09:50 PM
Oh who gives a flying fook :roll:

2Tony
27th July 2008, 09:54 PM
Why did admin remove it?

It simply asked if Ratcatcher's ban should be lifted.

When I looked at it last night it was running neck and neck (9 for Ratcatcher's ban to be removed and 10 for it to be maintained). Today it seems to have been deleted, not by me so it must have been by admin but I'm not sure why?

Was the question offensive?

Are we not allowed to question admin?

Do we not have free speech?

That's what this poll is about...
I may start a poll to guess your true identity :evil:

Crump
28th July 2008, 05:35 PM
OMG !!! OMG !!! OMG !!! OMG !!!

TELL THE NEWS OF THE WORLD!!!

A POLL HAS BEEN DELETED !!! OMFG!!! TELL THE SUN.. THE MIRROR.. THE EXPRESS AND STAR.. HALESOWEN NEWS..

.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

if admin choose to delete the poll then they delete the poll its there board why not??
if i choose to take my ball home.. i take it home

:roll: :roll:

Crumps..

Watchdog in the Kitchen
31st July 2008, 11:30 PM
Thanks Cult for keeping the faith :wink:

Luci Lockit
1st August 2008, 09:11 AM
Well, they do say that religion is responsible for war...

Luci

Watchdog in the Kitchen
1st August 2008, 10:40 AM
Well, they do say that religion is responsible for war...

Luci"They"?

Hearing the voices again Luci?

Luci Lockit
1st August 2008, 12:22 PM
I'd rather hear voices than proclaim myself a religion, cheers
..yep, and me
...me too!
.......and me!

GefferyMorgan
1st August 2008, 01:58 PM
i have to agree with Luci about the ban. We don't run the website, so it shouldn't matter what we think if someone gets banned.

Bottom line is this: If you don't act out and misbehave, then you won't be banned.

Watchdog in the Kitchen
1st August 2008, 02:24 PM
i have to agree with Luci about the ban. We don't run the website, so it shouldn't matter what we think if someone gets banned.

Bottom line is this: If you don't act out and misbehave, then you won't be banned.That wasn't the question as I read it.

A topic was removed, was that a correct decision. According to the majority who voted it wasn't.

Also only the Stepford Wives are not allowed an opinion you know - just because admin are the "authority" on this BB you can still express an opinion.

Unless of course you are a robot.

GefferyMorgan
1st August 2008, 02:43 PM
yes, we all do have rights to our opinions, but the admin is the one in charge and what he says goes. I personally cannot blame him for removing the poll. It only keeps the crap stirring. Just let it go. You've registered under another name now, be happy and try not to get this name banned

Watchdog in the Kitchen
1st August 2008, 02:50 PM
yes, we all do have rights to our opinions, but the admin is the one in charge and what he says goes. I personally cannot blame him for removing the poll. It only keeps the crap stirring. Just let it go. You've registered under another name now, be happy and try not to get this name bannedWell, that told me then :roll:

It seems that to be accepted on this board you must toe the line, not voice an opinion and be generally spineless in your opinion?

Ang4UB40
1st August 2008, 03:18 PM
yes, we all do have rights to our opinions, but the admin is the one in charge and what he says goes. I personally cannot blame him for removing the poll. It only keeps the crap stirring. Just let it go. You've registered under another name now, be happy and try not to get this name bannedWell, that told me then :roll:

It seems that to be accepted on this board you must toe the line, not voice an opinion and be generally spineless in your opinion?

you got that right

Helena
1st August 2008, 03:22 PM

you got that right

pot kettle black :laff:

Watchdog in the Kitchen
1st August 2008, 03:32 PM

you got that right

pot kettle black :laff:So you're calling Ang4UB40 spineless. Why?

Ang4UB40
1st August 2008, 05:49 PM

you got that right

No answer H ??

you seem to have a problem answering direct questions

Helena
1st August 2008, 05:52 PM

you got that right

No answer H ??

you seem to have a problem answering direct questions

if you've got something to ask me then ask me and i'll answer but i'm not answering ratty :wink:

Luci Lockit
1st August 2008, 06:28 PM
Thats not what she said at all ..nor what she meant
You are now putting words into peoples mouths..
This is exactly the kind of thing I have come to expect from you, lurker in the kitchen... now you have succeeded in two more people from this board arguing.. Why dont you run along now, mission accomplished
Have a nice weekend
Luci

McDUB BOY aka Superal
2nd August 2008, 09:25 PM
WHO IS THIS LUCI,BAN HER I SAY :lol:

McDUB BOY :wink:

Luci Lockit
3rd August 2008, 01:36 PM
lol Bernie...
Good idea- ban me and I may get something done around here instead of keep checking in on this board every day.. its like an addiction lol
Lx

j59
3rd August 2008, 03:44 PM
lol Bernie...
Good idea- ban me and I may get something done around here instead of keep checking in on this board every day.. its like an addiction lol
Lx

You right there Luci, it's very addictive :D Mostly 'cause peeps share a common interest :D though the cr*p posted by some is getting tedious...........

Though not my cra*p posts :P Which are always UB40 related :D

Martin and Laurence

love jx

Luci Lockit
3rd August 2008, 04:55 PM
Martin and Laurence

love jx

:laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

This isnt the UB side tho, so I guess you dont have to put that

Normski & Astro (Just in case :wink: )

bobby
3rd August 2008, 08:48 PM
in my humble opinion, this thread "in question" has as much right to be here as every other thread on this kiss-ass bb.
freedom of speech is only allowed if no-one objects eh? adam, if that was you then your worse than i thought as admin guy.

and guess what? i think the new keyboard player is shyte, what you going to do about that then????????

edited for the smart-arses

Luci Lockit
3rd August 2008, 11:17 PM
and guess what? i think the new keyboard player is shyte, what you going to do about that then????????

ooo I dunno, maybe they should sack him, coz u think he is shyte?

Say what u want Bobby, no one said this thread shouldnt be up here tho :wink: tho, we may have thought it... is that allowed? :haha:

Luci x

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/Luci999/kissarsenr8.gif

j59
3rd August 2008, 11:25 PM

ooo I dunno, maybe they should sack him, coz u think he is shyte?

Say what u want Bobby, no one said this thread shouldnt be up here tho :wink: tho, we may have thought it... is that allowed? :haha:

Luci x

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/Luci999/kissarsenr8.gif

Martin and Laurence oops , I'm on the wrong post again.

Why's Tony shite then Bobby? Have you seen him live ?

love j x