PDA

View Full Version : Do you tell people in the real world about the bb?

Helena
23rd July 2008, 11:03 AM
me and Tina/T have been discussing this and wondered how everyone else feels about it. Are you embarrassed about being a loonie or proud.

TINA/T
23rd July 2008, 11:04 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wud they understand?????

xx

2Tony
23rd July 2008, 12:00 PM
yes i'm proud to be a loonie and tell everyone that will listen :wink:

Crump
23rd July 2008, 12:08 PM
Allways :)

Got ub40 stickers in me car for christ sake!

Dean M
23rd July 2008, 12:09 PM
i also seem to bore the pants of people aswell

most of my mates hate reggae :?

loonie loud and proud

~Shaz~ (aka DubGal)
23rd July 2008, 12:10 PM
proud loonie

Dean M
23rd July 2008, 12:13 PM

i got me UB40 jacket which i now always wear

even when its too hot for a coat (as the loonies will see tonight :lol: )

Helena
23rd July 2008, 01:56 PM
haha looks like it's just you and me Tina

We're not questioning whether people are proud to be a UB40 fan at all - i'll happily tell anyone that will listen about UB40 and what they're doing. What we mean is do you tell people about the whole internet fan/ubloonie/fanfest/coming on here chatting to random people on here every day thing?

Matt Pacino
23rd July 2008, 02:40 PM

We're not questioning whether people are proud to be a UB40 fan at all - i'll happily tell anyone that will listen about UB40 and what they're doing. What we mean is do you tell people about the whole internet fan/ubloonie/fanfest/coming on here chatting to random people on here every day thing?

I know exactly what your saying Hels in fact didn't we discuss this the other week?

I don't mention it for the simple reason that if somebody told me that they did all the same things that we do but following another band then I'd think they we're a complete nut job!! :lol:

Helena
23rd July 2008, 02:56 PM

I know exactly what your saying Hels in fact didn't we discuss this the other week?

I don't mention it for the simple reason that if somebody told me that they did all the same things that we do but following another band then I'd think they we're a complete nut job!! :lol:

yeah matt. no-one understands who doesn't come on here so no point in telling them. you just end up sounding a bit geeky and sad lol.

NUB40
23rd July 2008, 04:43 PM
I tell everyone :D

Im always trying to get peeps to look onto the site :D

Helena my mates know all about your little georgeous baby :D

San diego........they all know what a character she is :D

I tell my mates everything about this place.......... :D :D :D

Helena
24th July 2008, 09:06 AM
I tell everyone :D

Im always trying to get peeps to look onto the site :D

Helena my mates know all about your little georgeous baby :D

San diego........they all know what a character she is :D

I tell my mates everything about this place.......... :D :D :D

haha I bet your mates are secretly wishing you'd shut up about these freaks and weirdos from the internet you talk about :laff:

TINA/T
24th July 2008, 09:53 AM

i got me UB40 jacket which i now always wear

even when its too hot for a coat (as the loonies will see tonight :lol: )

tis true

:lol: xx

Grinner
24th July 2008, 01:20 PM
all the time :wink: they think i am a PROPER LOONIE :D :wink:

Starshine007
24th July 2008, 04:09 PM
Yeah I tell people - most of my proper mates are on one fansite or another and my workmates already think I'm totally mad, so why shouldn't I make them believe it more :laff:

Helena
24th July 2008, 04:26 PM
ok then so it's just me, Tina, Matt and one mystery person that are normal :laff:

homelygal1963
24th July 2008, 06:50 PM
Yeah I tell people - most of my proper mates are on one fansite or another and my workmates already think I'm totally mad, so why shouldn't I make them believe it more :laff:

PROUD LOONIE.....NOT AFRAID TO SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS!!!
:bouncepurple: :bouncepurple: :bouncepurple: :bouncepurple: :bouncepurple: :bouncepurple: :bouncepurple: :bouncepurple: :bouncepurple: :bouncepurple: :bouncepurple: :bouncepurple:

Matt Pacino
24th July 2008, 09:05 PM

PROUD LOONIE.....NOT AFRAID TO SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS!!!
:bouncepurple: :bouncepurple: :bouncepurple: :bouncepurple: :bouncepurple: :bouncepurple: :bouncepurple: :bouncepurple: :bouncepurple: :bouncepurple: :bouncepurple: :bouncepurple:

Why doesn't that suprise me! :lol:

Aaron Otang
24th July 2008, 09:20 PM
Loonies????? :? no no Monkey word gets around though :wink: :lol:

Seahorse
25th July 2008, 03:05 AM
I think most people know I belong to this cyber family.

The senior partner of the company where I work, mentioned UB40 in my online company profile. I got a great kick when I saw what he'd done.

I love catching my UBloonie mug during my 9-5 day, brings a smile to my face. I have a UBloonie bracelet made by Jolene for some of us in my car (only to be worn on gig days). I love it :)

Even if I don't tell people about this little world, they don't have to look very far :)

Sadly no UBloonie t shirt to be worn in 2 weeks, Crabby would kill me :(

PIXI
26th July 2008, 05:10 PM
Yeah I tell people. Usually there not very interrested tho. Loonie Land is like my own little world :lol: :oops:

Matt Pacino
30th July 2008, 11:42 AM
I'm put off adding people I know on facebook incase they ask why most of my friends list is made up of random people form around the world :lol:

San Diego
30th July 2008, 05:25 PM
:laff: :laff: I never tell a soul, they'd think I was a fookn headcase :laff: :laff:

mamto3girls
30th July 2008, 09:39 PM
yip loonie thro n thro :P

McDUB BOY aka Superal
2nd August 2008, 09:27 PM
EVERY ONE THINKS I,M MAD :shock:

McDUB BOY

Maid Marion
20th August 2008, 11:41 PM
PROUD TO BE A LOONIE IT'S SOMETHING I'M GOOD AT

UBAnja40
21st August 2008, 07:45 AM
yes i'm proud to be a loonie and tell everyone that will listen :wink:

They must listen thats a fact!!! 8)

Carolanne
21st August 2008, 11:22 AM
I tell people I go on here etc but I tend not to mention the word loonie :lol:

C

NUB40
21st August 2008, 06:29 PM
Why not tell people :?:
If you think of the people that come on here :?
You really dont know who looks in :shock:
Family.....friends.....people from work....neighbours :? :?
As these people look in you might just be answering a post :?:
Or putting a pic of yourself up :shock:

Gotcha :shock:

They will know your a loonie :D

So be honest and admit it :D :D :D

ITSME-LE
22nd August 2008, 01:19 AM
Let me just say that Erin used to talk about "the BB" all of the time. She would go on and on about talking to everyone and stuff and I thought she was just short of standing on the street corner talking to imaginary people....but then...............I went to a UB40 concert with her and met some of the people that she talks to on here and now I am hooked and talking about it to people. I guess you don't know until you try it, at least for me anyway.

Le[/quote]

MAYBETOMORROW
31st October 2008, 09:30 AM
I tell people who I know have an interest in music 8)

.elaine.
7th November 2008, 08:47 PM
Only CLOSE friends know ... i wouldnt tell more random people or extended family, generally people irl think forums are for saddo's and or geeks and when i mentioned a fanfest before you would have thought i was suggesting going on a bus ticket collecting convention or summat :roll:

Nes B40
6th January 2009, 06:11 PM
Well considering i'm fairly new on the board and not a golden oldie
I couldn't stop chatting to my mates about the BB, Especialy when I
was one of the lucky one's to win the comp for the CDP gig back in
June just a few weeks after discovering and joining the BB.
18/6/08 Never Forget.

joolz
17th January 2009, 11:41 AM
I dont mention the BB - but most know about the website from when I used to organise fests! :) To be honest dont really talk to the 'outside world' apart from my family, about UB40 period.....got sick of the "are they still goin?" question years ago - and dont really think they are interested anyway!!!!!!!!! :roll:

lara.1973
27th January 2009, 06:23 PM
deffo, they all think im a loonie without the bb anyway tho :D

boomerang
30th January 2009, 07:52 PM
id rather shave loonie baboonies butt cheeks for a month.

pgb
4th February 2009, 08:46 PM
Only telling friends, others don't need to know :roll: :roll:

kezza22
6th February 2009, 12:38 PM
i tell everyone iam proud to be a loonie of the worlds best reggae band who are still going strong after 30 years :D

kerryx

NUB40
6th February 2009, 04:00 PM
i tell everyone iam proud to be a loonie of the worlds best reggae band who are still going strong after 30 years :D

kerryx

Well said :wink: :D :D

Anniemg
6th February 2009, 05:34 PM
everyone knows how mad I am about UB40......no problems with that....but I do get abit :oops: when I talk about the BB......but I do share it with certain friends who know me well :lol:

DuttyNana
14th February 2009, 11:48 PM
id rather shave loonie baboonies butt cheeks for a month.

soundsch like fun can I helpsch you too lmfao!! :lol: :lol: