PDA

View Full Version : ALI OR DUNCAN

RAT IN MI KITCH
23rd May 2008, 01:24 PM
THIS ONE IS BOUND TO SPLIT YOU ALL. SO WHO DO YOU PREFER ALI'S OR DUNCAN'S VOICE? :lol:

RAT IN MI KITCH
23rd May 2008, 01:26 PM
I THINK THEY BOTH HAVE OUTSTANDING VOICES, STILL GETTING USED TO DUNCANS VOCALS ON THE OLDER SONGS BUT HE'S GOOD!

Carl L
23rd May 2008, 01:56 PM
Don't think this one will be too hard to predict - think most people will go with the "Both are Brill" option.

Jay Dee
23rd May 2008, 01:59 PM
Both are Brill 8)

~Shaz~ (aka DubGal)
23rd May 2008, 02:01 PM
both :wink:

Crump
23rd May 2008, 04:55 PM
wow...0 for ali??

Both my self :)

loekie
23rd May 2008, 06:13 PM
Both for me too :wink:

homelygal1963
23rd May 2008, 06:17 PM
:? :? :? :? Sorry......... :( :( :( :( :(

I still love Ali's voice but now I've heard DunX singing "Live" with RBC I'm having to say DunX all the way...... :D :D :D :D

Where Did I Go Wrong??
24th May 2008, 12:24 AM
Both for me :D

PIXI
24th May 2008, 09:13 PM
both
Its def not right to choose. Ali for the past, Dunc for the future. 8)

McDUB BOY aka Superal
25th May 2008, 03:09 PM
ALI FOR ME,

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN VOICE :D

30 YEARS OF HISTORY HAS PROVEN THAT 8)

McDUB BOY :wink:

big Mick 68
25th May 2008, 07:29 PM
no point going for Ali's as we are moving forward in a new era it's only Dunc's that matters now & we are very lucky he is very good.

Jackie B.
25th May 2008, 08:43 PM
both :D

ubs4me
25th May 2008, 11:35 PM
Both

MAYBETOMORROW
26th May 2008, 03:34 AM
I like both of their voices 8)

Seahorse
26th May 2008, 05:14 AM
Both for me :)

damacnut
26th May 2008, 10:59 PM
I THINK THEY BOTH HAVE OUTSTANDING VOICES, STILL GETTING USED TO DUNCANS VOCALS ON THE OLDER SONGS BUT HE'S GOOD!
Me too, but ya gotta admit that on most songs, you can hardly tell the difference ... I did notice occasional "pitchiness" on the live concert in Amsterdam, but on the rehearsal vids, he was pretty much SPOT ON.

It's a LOT for him to learn in short order, but by the time they're here in San Diego in August, I'm expecting a GREAT concert at Humphreys!!!

dutchy
27th May 2008, 11:48 PM
Apart from ub40 and only judge their voices i prefer ali, maybe because i grow up with hearing his voice, + point for duncan is: i hear the actuall lines, duncan with ub40 is kewl no doubt about it, but the question is about 2 singers, and than my vote goes to ali, because at this point he put more emotion into a song, but i do believe duncan will do the same when he sings new material.

:beer: Dutchy

Jay-A
28th May 2008, 04:29 PM

Have too 100% agree on this one!!!!

San Diego
28th May 2008, 04:34 PM
Me too, but ya gotta admit that on most songs, you can hardly tell the difference ... I did notice occasional "pitchiness" on the live concert in Amsterdam, but on the rehearsal vids, he was pretty much SPOT ON.

It's a LOT for him to learn in short order, but by the time they're here in San Diego in August, I'm expecting a GREAT concert at Humphreys!!!

Hey, no kidding!!! If you didn't catch them at Humphreys last year, you're going to love it...... See you there!!

TINA/T
28th May 2008, 05:14 PM

Hey, no kidding!!! If you didn't catch them at Humphreys last year, you're going to love it...... See you there!!

can i come??? :roll: xx

San Diego
28th May 2008, 05:20 PM

Of course, the more the merrier :grin:

TINA/T
28th May 2008, 05:25 PM

Of course, the more the merrier :grin:

and can i stay at urs?? :roll: xx

*Cookie*
30th May 2008, 11:04 AM
duncan

Mark The Cabby
6th July 2008, 05:10 AM
Ali all day long, I have of course listened to Duncan By I'm a purest...

Waltjo
8th July 2008, 01:55 PM
Duncan 8) 8) Ali was never my fave of the UB40 band members anyway. Thought he was a bit anti social, or maybe he was shy@ dunno all the others seem to be much more at ease with people :wink:

samantha M
8th July 2008, 07:17 PM
Have to wait unil I heard him live......but from 24/7........still ali!

doesn't mean that I don't like the new line up....but!!!!!!

maccat
9th July 2008, 06:08 AM
i like both :D

Aaron Otang
9th July 2008, 08:57 PM
:lol: :lol: AliChop or SarDoncandonut :lol:
what a choice!!!

Matt Pacino
9th July 2008, 11:34 PM
Well after giving it considerable thought, Ali gets my vote, Duncan is a brilliant singer but Ali still vocally has the edge even if you can't understand him most of the time.
Saying that RBC would have got my vote had it been an option.

Carolanne
10th July 2008, 12:12 AM
Both for me

I love Ali's voice but he's gone now and Duncan is a more than a suitable replacement and UB40 continues on giving us more enjoyment for years to come (I hope)

C

MITZ18
10th July 2008, 12:57 PM
BOTH HAVE OUTSTANDING VOICES, STILL GETTING USED TO DUNCANS VOCALS

Tracy-42
14th July 2008, 09:43 PM
I love both, I love Ali's voice but to be honest the more I hear Dunc's the more I love it.

Jules177
16th July 2008, 12:52 AM
Hmmm. I voted for both coz both are brill. I think that Ali has the edge but then we have all been listening to and loving his voice for years and years and then some! He has just got better and better with experience and I am still a big fan of his voice. I was at the UBs Brentwood gig on 5th July which was FANTASTIC! Duncan has done an amazing job stepping in, some tracks you can barely tell the difference. As his confidence and experience in fronting such a huge band he will just get better and develop his own 'uniqueness' as Ali has, AND he has Robin's delicious harmony vocals to boot!

I'll shut up now! :)

Tina marie
30th September 2008, 12:22 PM
Its got to be ALI......the original and the best.

GoldenPhoenix
30th September 2008, 03:29 PM
Not heard Duncan yet.....so I can't really say who's better.

FATHER TED2
30th September 2008, 09:18 PM
ali is an amazing singer, but duncan edges it with his Superior pronunciation

McDUB BOY aka Superal
4th October 2008, 09:58 PM
YOUR HAVEING A LAFF Mr TED, :lol:

FATHER TED2
5th October 2008, 03:34 AM
no, duncans the better singer, no laffing involved, ali's great, but duncan is better 8)

McDUB BOY aka Superal
5th October 2008, 10:39 AM
ARE YOU ON DRUGS Mr TED :lol: :lol: :lol:

FATHER TED2
5th October 2008, 10:44 AM
no mcthumb, ive just been to enough concerts with both to make an informed choice :)

McDUB BOY aka Superal
5th October 2008, 10:49 AM
:lol:

McDUB BOY aka Superal
5th October 2008, 10:54 AM
ALI--THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN VOICE

NUFF SAID

McDUB BOY

loekie
5th October 2008, 11:06 AM
ALI--THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN VOICE

NUFF SAID

McDUB BOY

That is your opinion and Ted has another opinion think we all should respect that :wink:

McDUB BOY aka Superal
5th October 2008, 11:16 AM
OF COURSE LOEKIE,NO HARM MEANT TO Mr TED :)

McDUB BOY aka Superal
5th October 2008, 11:20 AM
BUT ALI IS STILL THE BETTER SINGER :lol:

FATHER TED2
5th October 2008, 08:44 PM
ticket sales wouldn't suggest so :wink:

ali is a brilliant, brilliant singer, but duncan is better 8)

McDUB BOY aka Superal
6th October 2008, 08:13 AM
I KNOW Mr TED,UB40,s A BRAND NAME 8)

NUFF LOVE :wink:

McDUB BOY :)

old loonie
22nd July 2009, 10:17 AM
OF course in the past it would have been Mr Ego,but i am now warming to Dunc, Mr Big head has gone so has to be DUNC

ANiMALicious
22nd July 2009, 02:44 PM
I liked Ali for many years, but over the years it got to the point he just sang the song.
Duncan has literally only just started his limelight career and from what ive seen of of it so far... he'll probably (for Fi :) ) be more inclined to enjoy the singing more and be more enthusiastic about being where he is and doing what he's doing.

But i would agree that i like both of there singing, Alis from the past, not now. And Dunc for the future with UB40.

Ani

San Diego
22nd July 2009, 09:21 PM
I liked Ali for many years, but over the years it got to the point he just sang the song.
Duncan has literally only just started his limelight career and from what ive seen of of it so far... he'll probably (for Fi :) ) be more inclined to enjoy the singing more and be more enthusiastic about being where he is and doing what he's doing.

But i would agree that i like both of there singing, Alis from the past, not now. And Dunc for the future with UB40.

Ani

((giggles behind hands))

ANiMALicious
25th July 2009, 09:37 AM
Fi....
are you a teacher?
my spelnik is ko :D

lol

Ani

miry_loves_duncan_85
26th July 2009, 01:36 AM
hm, i think it's..quite hard to.., should i really.., but otherwise.. on the other hand...compared to,...DUNX :wink:

quite agreeable voice, ..!!

old loonie
26th July 2009, 04:25 PM
Duncan now

john balfour
15th August 2009, 11:53 AM
:oops: This cant be a SERIOUS poll.

Aaron Otang
15th August 2009, 01:29 PM

No it can't lmao ..Serious post are for them Dampside arse-licking pricks as some like to think :lol: :lol: :lol:

loekie
15th August 2009, 02:55 PM

No it can't lmao ..Serious post are for them Dampside arse-licking pricks as some like to think :lol: :lol: :lol:

you must have read the same thing as I did, think he was a little confused about what site he was talking Aaron :wink:

JoshF
3rd October 2009, 10:11 PM
They are both good but Ali is better