PDA

View Full Version : UB40 Announce details of their new album

Degenerate
1st May 2008, 05:39 PM
UB40 have announced details of their long awaited album “TWENTYFOURSEVEN” and have presented to the media details of who will be joining them on future live concerts and recordings.

DUNCAN CAMPBELL, brother of Robin and Ali Campbell, will join UB40 along with reggae star MAXI PRIEST to collaborate on future live shows and recording projects.

The band have also announced details of their long awaited album TWENTYFOURSEVEN which will be released on Monday 16th June 2008. The album will be the bands final recording with former member and lead singer ALI CAMPBELL.

MAXI PRIEST has established himself as one of the top British reggae singers of all time. He is one of only two UK reggae acts (the other being UB40) to score an American Billboard Number One with the song “Close to You”, which was released in 1990. During Maxi’s lengthy career, he has had ten successful album releases and collaborated with such musicians and artists as Sly Dunbar, Robbie Shakespeare and Beres Hammond.

DUNCAN CAMPBELL comes from a long standing and talented musical family, with both brothers Robin and Ali forming UB40 thirty years ago and their father, the renowned folk singer IAN CAMPBELL whose band the Ian Campbell Group established themselves as a highly proficient live act. On joining UB40, DUNCAN CAMPBELL said; “I’ve long admired UB40 as a band and always had a great respect for what Robin and Ali have contributed to the band with Astro, Brian, Earl, Norman and Jimmy. UB40 are the biggest and most successful reggae band in the world, so I was absolutely delighted and a little stunned of course to be asked to come and work with the band.

“TWENTYFOURSEVEN” represents UB40 at their creative and musical best which takes strength and inspiration from their political and social conscience, arguably producing one of their finest albums to date of original material, cover versions and collaborations. The new album features seventeen tracks with collaborations from MAXI PRIEST, 1 LOVE & RASA DON from ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT, MARVIN PRIEST and HUNTERZ. The album was recorded in Birmingham, London, Sweden, New York & Fayetteville, Georgia, USA.

KGB_I_was_NOT
1st May 2008, 05:47 PM
thanks, Adam!!! :beer:

UBAnja40
1st May 2008, 05:55 PM
Thanks Adam for the update!!

Andy_Evans
1st May 2008, 06:46 PM
16th of June!!
that's ages away :(
I want the album to listen too now :bounce:
I cant wait for it to be released

San Diego
1st May 2008, 06:53 PM
16th of June!!

Oh stop whining....pick up the free cd and make do with that until June... :roll: :laff:

themill1972
1st May 2008, 09:45 PM
thanx for the info

Bytheway2006
1st May 2008, 10:10 PM
Thanx Adam

ubs4me
1st May 2008, 10:52 PM
16th of June!!

Oh stop whining....pick up the free cd and make do with that until June... :roll: :laff:

pmsl Fi :lol: :lol: Tell like it is hun, straight to the point lmao

MAYBETOMORROW
1st May 2008, 11:20 PM
Cheers Adam! 8)

big Mick 68
2nd May 2008, 08:04 AM
it's gonna be good!

lorrafan
2nd May 2008, 11:05 AM
Cheers Adam x :D

DOC
2nd May 2008, 05:00 PM
GREAT STUFF

djx1561
2nd May 2008, 05:43 PM
not mei but jun :(

UBAnja40
2nd May 2008, 06:00 PM
Xander dont be sad mate,we have the exclusieve pleasure
to see the New UB40 live at Paradiso,its the first time that they perform with the new singers and keyboard player :D

bothsidestory
2nd May 2008, 08:29 PM
arrested development awesome

wwooaaoh my everyday people

cbuckley
2nd May 2008, 11:06 PM
Look alies the man ! get real!!!!!!! when hes like made it \ which he as buy far ! he may turn up ! alies bigger than ub40 x sorry but its real
ub are finished!!!

cbuckley
2nd May 2008, 11:17 PM
alies gutted!!!!!!

brothers my arse ! ive got ali tickets BIG LOVe ! dont call him greedyxxxxxx

see you in manchester alie

xxxxxxxx

cbuckley
2nd May 2008, 11:22 PM
miss the ees ! sorry ! ali is the future xxxxxx
pissed on ya fans

NEPCHOON ROSE
2nd May 2008, 11:31 PM
you could be taken seriously if you learned how to spell.......but then again maybe not

change the record and go post your foolishness somewhere else :roll:

big Mick 68
3rd May 2008, 01:05 AM
yeah you know, cbuckley sounds as bright as an eclipse lol

Ang4UB40
3rd May 2008, 07:58 AM
DUNCAN CAMPBELL, brother of Robin and Ali Campbell, will join UB40 along with reggae star MAXI PRIEST to collaborate on future live shows and recording projects.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm interesting

thought we were told that statement was all a load of rubbish, and don't believe a word of it

to be honest, I am stuggling to believe a lot of things a the moment

NEPCHOON ROSE
3rd May 2008, 11:29 AM
it still does not mean maxi is joining the band on a perment basis

Luci Lockit
3rd May 2008, 11:57 AM
]DUNCAN CAMPBELL, brother of Robin and Ali Campbell, will join UB40 ,(along with reggae star MAXI PRIEST to collaborate on future live shows and recording projects.)

Okay, just to make it CLEARER for those who are having a hard time understanding this statement, I have punctuated the above paragraph that was taken from the Press Association statement above. Written by a journalist. But here is another explanation, written by me..

DUNCAN has joined UB40. TONY has joined UB40. Maxi (and his band) have collaborated with UB40 for two tracks on this forthcoming album. Just like Chrissie Hynde did. Just like Robert Palmer did. etc etc. And, like last year when he was special guest at the UB40 concerts, Maxi will perform some songs onstage with UB40.
Whether there may be future collaborations with UB40 & Maxi remains to be seen- that would be up to the them to decide later on down the line.. But Duncan & Tony will remain with UB40.

I hope that clarifies things for you all.

Some of the press have not necessarily grasped the entire concept of what is happening here. Their job is to sell papers, and the headlines they chose to go with may have made it ambiguous to (some of) you but that is the way of press releases I am afraid.

Big Love
Luci x

GefferyMorgan
3rd May 2008, 12:18 PM
thanks Luci (love the new nickname btw lol) i understand what you are saying...it's almost making me irritated now because a lot of the media are leading people wrong. Like you said above though, that's the job of the press...to sell papers, whether their "facts" are actually factual or not.

Anyways, i heard also Luci the the UB's have teamed up with two guys from Arrested Development....i guess that explains why part of the album..or part of a song was recorded in Fayetteville, Georgia....as Arrested Development are from nearby Atlanta.

My question to you is...did the boys actually record there in Georgia? or did Arrested Development just record their part there and sent it to Birmingham for the boys to mix?

MAYBETOMORROW
3rd May 2008, 12:36 PM
Hopefully Luci's clarification of the situation will stop all of the questions about Maxi being UB40's new lead singer! :lol:

Luci Lockit
3rd May 2008, 12:46 PM
Hi GM
Thats exactly right- Lafayette is mentioned because that is where Arrested Development recorded their part of the track.. and let me tell ya Matt, its soooooo bloody powerful! lol. This is the track that brings a lump to my throat every time I hear it!!

Big love
Luci x

GefferyMorgan
3rd May 2008, 12:49 PM
that's awesome to hear Luci :)

you're getting me really really REALLY excited about this new album now. Can't wait to hear UB40 OBVIOUSLY....also can't wait to hear Maxi with them...and Arrested Development...gosh, i haven't heard that group since back in the day when Tennessee and Mr. Wendal were hit songs...seems like ages ago now

MAYBETOMORROW
3rd May 2008, 01:13 PM
Hi GM
Thats exactly right- Lafayette is mentioned because that is where Arrested Development recorded their part of the track.. and let me tell ya Matt, its soooooo bloody powerful! lol. This is the track that brings a lump to my throat every time I hear it!!

Big love
Luci x

I hope you have a Pimms handy then!

:lol:

pointman01
3rd May 2008, 02:30 PM
I'm just glad that we get to hear 10 tracks from new CD tomorrow,

as i know it will not leave my CD player and I'll just have to wait for 16 June for the rest.

Long live UB40 in what ever form
:beer:

Sabs
3rd May 2008, 04:45 PM
Jah Love
Thank God you all still together, What will be will be
Jah Blessing and respect
Martin Trinidad
Astro Jah be with you.

lennox
3rd May 2008, 05:41 PM
Hi

Just seen the above advertised on the box, do you think that this is the whole album, or just a sneak preview?

:wink:

WEBSHERIFF
3rd May 2008, 10:12 PM
WEB SHERIFF
Protecting Your Rights on the Internet
Tel 44-(0)208-323 8013
Fax 44-(0)208 323 8080
websheriff@websheriff.com
www.websheriff.com

Hi UB40 Fans,

On behalf of Reflex Muzic and UB40, we'd like to thank everyone for their support and understanding in not posting links to any pirate copies of "TwentyFourSeven" on the band's forum (or any other forums or sites) when the album leaks ... .. there's not long to go now until the Mail on Sunday's 10 track promo is available and we're all on the same team - UB40's !!

Some of you (Hi Michelle, San Diego et al !!) will remember us from when we assisted with "Running Free" and, as before, should anyone have any queries relating to 'piracy' on this release or should anyone wish to report any pirate files or links, please feel free to e-mail and / or telephone us at any time : our 'door' is always open to genuine UB40 fans.

Conversely, if anyone really feels compelled to try and download a pirate copy or to attempt to capture promotional streams – which, naturally, the band and label would prefer you didn't - then please keep it for your personal use only and don't 'broadcast' / publish it on the net : for which, thank you.

To further clarify the suggested / requested guidelines for 24/7, if you have a copy of the Mail on Sunday promo, at the request of Reflex and UB40, please do not post / file-exchange copies on-line … .. that being said and as a goodwill gesture to fans and bloggers, official preview tracks shall shortly be available for free downloading off UB40’s web-site, that you shall then be very welcome to post / host / file-swap etc in advance of next month’s official release of the full album.

Many thanks, once again, for your support and for respecting UB40’s wishes.

All The Best,

WEB SHERIFF :D

cbuckley
3rd May 2008, 11:01 PM
look ali knows the score !!!

caint belive you lot !

get back together one big party at st andrews this summer
all the family

big love

NEPCHOON ROSE
3rd May 2008, 11:36 PM
look ali knows the score !!!

caint belive you lot !

get back together one big party at st andrews this summer
all the family

big love

you and the family go to st andrews and let us know how the day went????

lilwead
4th May 2008, 08:39 AM
It's brilliant!

Rat In Mi Kitchen
4th May 2008, 08:49 AM
16th June?????

I was down in Lincoln yesterday when I saw the album advertised on the TV. Typical! Why is stuff advertised before it is available? I've been looking forward to this album.

RuffBong
5th May 2008, 04:14 AM
Very excited to hear about this development, had heard that ali was leaving (we all should KNOW better) this material will be great cannot wait to hear it!

San Diego
5th May 2008, 07:16 AM
Ali has left the band to pursue a solo career. This album has been in the works for sometime now, and was finished with the work Ali contributed prior to his departure, as well as new material with Duncan and Tony 's arrival.

RuffBong
5th May 2008, 03:28 PM
I'm just now realizing after reading up and figuring out the scene (Johnny come lately, I know....)

There is a desire on our parts for the band and him to mend ways. The fans can make this happen, we should work together to send out a message that this cannot be, and for the good of peace and stability, mending of fences is a must right now.

San Diego
5th May 2008, 03:31 PM
I'm just now realizing after reading up and figuring out the scene (Johnny come lately, I know....)

There is a desire on our parts for the band and him to mend ways. The fans can make this happen, we should work together to send out a message that this cannot be, and for the good of peace and stability, mending of fences is a must right now.

I don't think it's any of our business, they'll figure it out, one way or another. :?

pinksis
5th May 2008, 09:44 PM
Okay, just to make it CLEARER for those who are having a hard time understanding this statement, I have punctuated the above paragraph that was taken from the Press Association statement above. Written by a journalist. But here is another explanation, written by me..

<snip>

I hope that clarifies things for you all.

Some of the press have not necessarily grasped the entire concept of what is happening here. Their job is to sell papers, and the headlines they chose to go with may have made it ambiguous to (some of) you but that is the way of press releases I am afraid.

Big Love
Luci x

thx for the clarification msluci (even if i am a tad late reading this)...love the new nickname btw :)
and i am so excited about the new cd...and coming out on my birthday too....imagine that! :kiss:

RuffBong
6th May 2008, 04:44 AM
I just feel like we were brought together by them, and we are what helped make them a unit and the strongest force in reggae, while they have appreciably opened our eyes and influenced our thoughts in a positive way. All of the fans sending out words of encouragement to the mending of relationships, and why, could be us returning the favor.

I for one can see after so many years, a cooperative effort between the fans and the band members. We need things to be whole. I feel like when they hear our words, like my parents while they were together and my father was alive, they stayed together for the betterment of their children. We and they found that relationship and understanding was what made all the difference in the world. I feel like we should shout out come together right now, over us. :-) I keep on praying.

RuffBong
6th May 2008, 04:47 AM
I kinda feel like they need us right now. And we being there and voicing our concerns and encouragement for strength will be heard. We love you guys!

gianniduval
8th May 2008, 02:09 PM

WEBSHERIFF
9th May 2008, 01:02 PM
WEB SHERIFF
Protecting Your Rights on the Internet
Tel 44-(0)208-323 8013
Fax 44-(0)208 323 8080
websheriff@websheriff.com
www.websheriff.com

Hi Again UB40 Fans,

On behalf of Reflex Muzic and UB40, we’re very happy to announce that both ‘End of War’ and ‘This Is How It Is’ have now been officially designated as fan preview tracks and, as such, all UB40 fans and bloggers are very welcome to post links to these tracks, host them on your personal blogs and file-share them with friends ... .. both tracks shall also shortly be appearing on this site, as well as on the band’s MySpace page at http://www.myspace.com/ub40 (which also features “I Shot The Sheriff” !!).

We'd again like to thank everyone for their support and understanding in not posting links to any pirate copies of "TwentyFourSeven" (or tracks from the album, aside – of course – from the fan previews) and, as a further gesture of appreciation, there may well be additional previews made available this side of the 16th June, full album release – so watch this space for future developments.

Once again, many thanks for your support and for respecting UB40’s wishes.

All The Best,

WEB SHERIFF :D

lara.1973
12th May 2008, 01:26 PM
excellent, cant wait, thanks for the info xx

mindmithun
13th May 2008, 06:22 PM
Great album.. refreshing sounds.. Once Around and End of war is excellent. Good luck for future projects. This album will be a great success.

Cheers!!
Mithun

Wetzyl08
10th June 2008, 07:50 AM
I love UB40. Love Rainbow Nation from their new album. . .:D
http://www.lyricspy.com/u/Ub40/lyrics/Rainbow_Nation

weasle
10th June 2008, 11:56 AM
Hiya, I pre ordered my copy of twentyfourseven and got am email today saying release delay to 19th June, anyone else know of this.?

Tyler D
14th June 2008, 09:38 PM
play.com have it in stock!...