PDA

View Full Version : MY BROWN FRIEND.

Clubreggae
12th April 2008, 02:46 PM
Here is a link to a short Youtube film.

Its about Drugs and the effect thay can have on you :(

My Daughters partner made the Film, it has been shown at The London film festival along with other short 4 min films,
About Drugs awarness. The film will be shown around schools colleges etc as part of a Drugs Awarness scheme.

My Oldest daughter (shes 25) plays the part of Sophie, her little "Brown Friend" is the habit that becomes the must for Drugs.

I actually had to watch it twice to realise what it was about :o :roll:

Most thought provoking though.
Some people may find it disturbing.

http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=WeS1hNNWIRg

Grinner
12th April 2008, 02:55 PM
:cry: sad sign of the times,i have first hand experience of this problem has the sister of a user for over 25 years :(

Matt Pacino
12th April 2008, 02:58 PM
Good film that Deb, It so damned easy for the youth of today to go down that route, trust me it can happen to anyone :frown:

Grinner
12th April 2008, 03:01 PM
Good film that Deb, It so damned easy for the youth of today to go down that route, trust me it can happen to anyone :frown:

I AGREE MATT, IT IS A PROBLEM THAT HAS BEEN HERE FOR MANY YEARS,AND IT WILL TAKE A LOT MORE YEARS TO GET IT SORTED,IF AT ALL :cry:
TOO
MUCH MONEY AND GREEDY PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THIS SCUMMY BUSINESS :x

loekie
12th April 2008, 03:05 PM
Very good film Debs, and to be honest my worst nightmare as a parent. Our daugther is now almost 14. When she was 10 they had a project about drugs at school. One day when she was sick at home we talked about it and told her about the movie Christiane F, she wanted to see it and after that day several times. She was really shocked what could happen. So think this is very good when they are showing this movie around schools :!:

Madam Madusa1
12th April 2008, 07:14 PM
That is so scaaaaaarey. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I used to kick about with a big gang of mates when I was in my teens ( in the eighties) about 20 of us.....and out of that 20..2 became full on druggies :cry: they started on glue and lighter fluid and the like :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: but me and another friend didn't get involved,we just watched from a distance, having no clue about drugs and what they could do, just watching them making COMPLETE and utter fools out of them selves scared the living hell outta me..............and of course my mum and I think that steered me away from that scean. I fear for my 14 year old at the moment and just hope she has the sence to say SOD OFF if she's offered any :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Scarey stuff

Dean M
12th April 2008, 07:29 PM
My Daughters partner made the Film, it has been shown at The London film festival along with other short 4 min films,
About Drugs awarness. The film will be shown around schools colleges etc as part of a Drugs Awarness scheme.

just a shame shyte like this aint advertised between corry or eastenders

:evil:

Sylvie B
12th April 2008, 09:43 PM
that is a very good film Debs brilliant angle with the thing growing from a small baby to a big one & her habit becoming worse as it goes on.........it deserves good recognition.......a friend of ours was on brown for years he's clean now but oh the damage it has done to him :( .......he's such a lovely bloke as well......People are not all scumbags that get caught up in it to begin with very vulnerable people in the main.

~Shaz~ (aka DubGal)
12th April 2008, 09:55 PM
How sad....
as it seems almost everyone knows someone who life has been affected by this awful drug....
i've lost countless friends to it...one of my very good friends was using for a while but thankfully with the help of family and friends she got help and is now clean....and has been for a few years...and last year got married to a lovely fella she met while in rehab....

Good film Deb.

Grinner
12th April 2008, 09:58 PM
How sad....
as it seems almost everyone knows someone who life has been affected by this awful drug....
i've lost countless friends to it...one of my very good friends was using for a while but thankfully with the help of family and friends she got help and is now clean....and has been for a few years...and last year got married to a lovely fella she met while in rehab....

Good film Deb.

so glad for her sharon :D

~Shaz~ (aka DubGal)
12th April 2008, 10:01 PM
Thanks tina....me too...love her to bits :love:
was so sad to see her changing....to someone so unrecognisable ....

Unfortunatley......she's in the minority...most people aren't so lucky :cry:

Grinner
12th April 2008, 10:04 PM
Thanks tina....me too...love her to bits :love:
was so sad to see her changing....to someone so unrecognisable ....

Unfortunatley......she's in the minority...most people aren't so lucky :cry:

MY BROTHER WAS CLEAN FOR ALMOST 3 YEARS :(
THEN MET A GIRL WHO HAS JUST HAD HIS SON :( AND SHE USED ALL THE WAY THROUGH HER PREGNANCY :twisted:
NOW THAT CHILD IS LEFT TO SUFFER :cry:

~Shaz~ (aka DubGal)
12th April 2008, 10:07 PM
Awe Tina...thats so sad
its hard to watch isn't it.....and esp for the kids....
horrible drug...the worst... :cry: :cry:

Grinner
12th April 2008, 10:09 PM
FAMILY DESTROYING :(

Clubreggae
12th April 2008, 10:10 PM
that is a very good film Debs brilliant angle with the thing growing from a small baby to a big one & her habit becoming worse as it goes on.........it deserves good recognition.......a friend of ours was on brown for years he's clean now but oh the damage it has done to him :( .......he's such a lovely bloke as well......People are not all scumbags that get caught up in it to begin with very vulnerable people in the main.
Yes I could'nt get my head around the baby thing at first :? then it was explained to me that it was not actually a baby as such, but the Demon drug within :( and a way of shockingly showing how something small can grow into something big and horrible-your worst nightmare in fact, Drug addition.

~Shaz~ (aka DubGal)
12th April 2008, 10:11 PM

:friends: :friends: :friends:

I'll give you real hugs next week....;)
xx

Grinner
12th April 2008, 10:14 PM

:friends: :friends: :friends:

I'll give you real hugs next week....;)
xx

I'LL KEEP YOU TO THAT :lol: :wink:

~Shaz~ (aka DubGal)
12th April 2008, 10:17 PM
:wink:

Grinner
12th April 2008, 10:18 PM
GREAT FILM BY THE WAY DEBS. :wink:

Clubreggae
12th April 2008, 10:25 PM
thanks for your comments :friends:

When she came in one day and said Im going to be in a film :o
I did not expect this :o

To be honest I was a bit "off at first" when i was shown it :o by my daughter :shock:
(you know what Im like :roll: :roll: )

Then when i realised the message it was giving out, after watching it twice I calmed down.

Grinner
12th April 2008, 10:27 PM
thanks for your comments :friends:

When she came in one day and said Im going to be in a film :o
I did not expect this :o

To be honest I was a bit "off at first" when i was shown it :o by my daughter :shock:
(you know what Im like :roll: :roll: )

Then when i realised the message it was giving out, after watching it twice I calmed down.

I THINK SHE DID A GREAT JOB :wink:

Nicola R
12th April 2008, 10:56 PM
.....the film is very well directed & has a very strong message.......I'm sure it will have great impact

like many others I too have had to deal with drug issues within my family, not this particular one but never the less still such a very worrying time when your child has near enough ended up in the boot of a dealer's car threatened to be disposed of ..............thankfully things have turned around for the better now

wish I'd have had a 'being a good mother' manual for that one....

well done to your daugher Deb..........
:friends:

nic

Aaron Otang
13th April 2008, 07:17 PM
Absolutely Brilliant!!!! I hope this gets shown as much as possible....Even if this film helps maybe Hundreds or just ONE person it is a success in my eyes.Well Done :wink:

I have Seen & also lived around this shyte subject of drugs,what it does & it Affects short & long term and its not pretty..

Nice one Top drawer
Aaron xx

lara.1973
13th April 2008, 07:27 PM
absolutly brilliant, and so spot on too, so self consuming without a regard for anything else :cry: brillaint.

Reggae Girl
13th April 2008, 08:00 PM
Well done to your daughter. Hope it's get the message across, it was very thought provoking and disturbing to watch :(

janice
14th April 2008, 07:57 PM
just seen this it very good, and i agree should be shown on tv in between adverts :D

Waltjo
14th April 2008, 08:18 PM
The thought that this could be anybody's son or daughter in this situation is very disturbing :shock: and I hope parents look at it as well :roll: as I think parental guidance is very important, in at least steering their kids in the right direction :roll:

Carlene Lydia
16th April 2008, 01:48 PM
That's is brilliant Deb!! Well done to your daughter and her partner for doing this short film!! I do sincerely hope that this does get shown on tv and that the message get's across!!!