PDA

View Full Version : Do you think UB40's management do a good Job???

Matt Pacino
10th March 2008, 10:04 AM
Since the news of Ali leaving the band broke I have backed UB40's discussion to stick by the management because I thought his departure was more to do with his ego & him wanting to make more middle of the road music like "Running Free" but the more I think about it, the way UB40 has being ran over the last 5 year if not more, it has all gone down the pan, just look at whats happened to Dep (the business, not the building).
I'm sure Ali would be back in shot if changes were made.!!

FATHER TED2
10th March 2008, 10:31 AM
can see what ya mean bout how things appear to have been managed matt, but the fact that the rest of the band including alis' own brother have backed the management is enough for me

Matt Pacino
10th March 2008, 10:52 AM
can see what ya mean bout how things appear to have been managed matt, but the fact that the rest of the band including alis' own brother have backed the management is enough for me

Well yeah that was my way of thinking Eamonn but i'm just trying to look at the bigger picture, Not saying I've change my views but I can see UB40's career isn't what it was when Dave Harper was in charge & I do think sacking him was a big mistake, often do think UB's currant management don't know what there doing!!

FATHER TED2
10th March 2008, 11:06 AM

Well yeah that was my way of thinking Eamonn but i'm just trying to look at the bigger picture, Not saying I've change my views but I can see UB40's career isn't what it was when Dave Harper was in charge & I do think sacking him was a big mistake, often do think UB's currant management don't know what there doing!!

ya could well be right matt, but i honestly believe atm ali has been led to believe his own hype byb his own ppl who are probably out for themselves and sorry to say lost his direction in a musical sense

fu
11th March 2008, 02:30 AM
Kia ora,I think Ali may be privy to more information than us.He has said if they change the managment he would return to the UB's.They wouldn't be the first group to be undone by shoddy managers.

loekie
11th March 2008, 08:34 AM
What changes should be made then Matt? Should UB40 play more music that Ali want? Or going on tour with him and forget their own music for a while? What would they be then? Just a backtrack band like Joanna B is always saying?. Like he said in different interviews he really loved doing this album because the only one that had something to say about it was he. I really think this is something he wanted to do for a long time now and since running free was a succes for him the time has come for him to do it. Following a dream? His website, the tour etc. I really think it was al very well planned, and not just last year but long before that. I don't think he is coming back to the band even if they get rid of the management. So think the time has come to look at the future and not the past :wink:

Dean M
11th March 2008, 09:06 AM
im just looking at it from a fans point of view

my oppinion is that they could do more to keep UB40 in the public domain

without looking at the website you dont get to here much about releases and tour dates

look @ madness for example

been around the same amount of time yet when the toured last year i saw it all over london about thier gigs @ the O2 arena

they are even using thier soundtrack (and Suggs) for advertising birdseye fish fingers......at least its keeping them in the public eye and getting thier music out

UB40 were @ wembley a week before hand and i saw hardly nothing

JMO but these simple measures need addressing also

i know someone will mention PR companies ETC but who is employing them? The Management!!

as a fan
the management must take some of the blame

FATHER TED2
11th March 2008, 09:27 AM
a main point worth remembering about the management is they were employed by ub40 including ali not the other way round, and if the band was being ripped off i dont believe ali would be the only one intelligent enough to work it out, like its already been said on this post, think this was planned long term, just an excuse was needed to leave the band

Matt Pacino
11th March 2008, 09:47 AM
Yeah but I'm starting to question weather Ali really is that stupid, he must know deep down that his solo career is as weak as a 90 year old lady with a heavy bag of shopping!!, If it all about Ali wanting a solo career then why doesn't the management call his bluff & give him the information he seeks, it can't be that hard to tell somebody were there money is???

FATHER TED2
11th March 2008, 09:54 AM
ya right there matt, the question i keep coming back to is why do the rest of the band alis own brother and life long friends have no issues about money

Matt Pacino
11th March 2008, 12:28 PM
ya right there matt, the question i keep coming back to is why do the rest of the band alis own brother and life long friends have no issues about money

Well I don't understand why that hasn't being explained to us, I know UB's don't won't to air there dirty washing in public but they need to say something while Ali's going around blaming the management in every interview he does.

Also I'm not just questioning the management because of Ali leaving, (to late to start moaning, because he's already gone) but there are alot of other things that don't make any sense to me either like all the things that Cockney DFU said & how the hell has DEP fallen in to receivership???, ok record sales my be down but UB40 has toured every year since 2001 so where the hell has all the cash generated form that gone??

loekie
11th March 2008, 01:13 PM
Well sorry Matt no offence but I really think it's not our bussiness where the money is gone don't think we as fans are shareholders are we? Think the statement that UB40 made said enough and if Ali keep blaming others that doesn't mean UB40 should do the same!!!!

Matt Pacino
13th March 2008, 01:06 PM
Well sorry Matt no offence but I really think it's not our bussiness where the money is gone don't think we as fans are shareholders are we? Think the statement that UB40 made said enough and if Ali keep blaming others that doesn't mean UB40 should do the same!!!!

I won't take offence because I do agree with every word you've said on this thread but I'm just looking at things form Ali's prospective for once, where the moneys gone maybe nothing to do with us fans But what about band members, no wonder Ali's f*cked off!! we all keep saying Ali will be back sooner or later but while the currant management are still in place he most definitely won't. :frown:

FATHER TED2
13th March 2008, 01:35 PM
sorry to say this but with the standard of music alis turning out atm, i think it may be for the best he's away from the group he needs to wake up to himself cos like ive said before im not meaning to diss ali but even his great voice cant hide how musically weak his solo material is

~JENNY~
13th March 2008, 01:36 PM
wel i think this is a fab post Macchu, theres not much i can say cos everythings been said!

loekie
13th March 2008, 01:36 PM

I won't take offence because I do agree with every word you've said on this thread but I'm just looking at things form Ali's prospective for once, where the moneys gone maybe nothing to do with us fans But what about band members, no wonder Ali's f*cked off!! we all keep saying Ali will be back sooner or later but while the currant management are still in place he most definitely won't. :frown:

Well Matt that's the point you can't just look at it form Ali's prospective. UB40 is business like any other one, only in this case you have 8 people who decide about the money (and yes I still believe that the management had nothing to do with the money) and I think it's only human if you decide to leave, and like I said before I really think he decided this long time ago, you want your money back from that business. But maybe it isn't that easy in this case, investments etc. for example. Don't know if this does make sence, if I could explain in Dutch it would be better :wink:

elaine2005
13th March 2008, 08:47 PM
On instinct when all this began i thought it WAS the management at fault, if ali said so then it must be , i thought.

BUT then it dawned on me, that peoples perspective of a situation differs greatly from one person to another, so now im unsure. He obviously wasnt happy with things and did what he had to do, now that time has passed and ive took all the views etc on board i just hope he does not live to regret it :(

& if he does i HOPE they will take him back, but its not looking good is it. IF maxi is going to take his place ( which is well weird ) then i cant see them saying seeya maxi, hiya ali ........... unless maxi is just a temp stand in.

Either / Or the MANAGEMENT according to the rest of UBs are infact themselves. :?

elaine2005
13th March 2008, 08:52 PM
ERM ... Seems maxi is most deff NOT the new UB singer ..... please ignore above post ( i would delete but some parts are still relevant and some eagle eye is bound to have read it before i get chance ) lol :oops: :roll: :lol: :arrow:

McDUB BOY aka Superal
14th March 2008, 07:47 AM
ME SITTING ON THE FENCE :?

McDUB BOY :wink:

Aaron Otang
14th March 2008, 07:52 AM
Im a Shareholder ..Im a shareholder....I have The best of the Bestest greatest hits Vol 2 and a 2nd hand signed copy of bag of ryddim !!!

Gerda i can explain in Dutch if you want..?? :wink:

Even McDubtavish is a shareholder..he has it stamped on his thumb. :lol: :wink: :roll:

McDUB BOY aka Superal
14th March 2008, 05:48 PM
FER FECK SAKE Mr OTANG :x :x :x

McDUB BOY :wink:

UBhappy
17th March 2008, 12:52 AM
Yeah but I'm starting to question weather Ali really is that stupid, he must know deep down that his solo career is as weak as a 90 year old lady with a heavy bag of shopping!!, If it all about Ali wanting a solo career then why doesn't the management call his bluff & give him the information he seeks, it can't be that hard to tell somebody were there money is???

well not unless its mysteriously disappeared!

Clubreggae
17th March 2008, 08:29 AM

Exactly.

Matt Pacino
19th March 2008, 03:43 PM

Exactly.

intresting!! but what do you mean????

Clubreggae
20th March 2008, 12:09 AM

Exactly.

Have you heard about Mickey :( :roll:

where has the money gone then, and why are people holding back :( :? :roll:

UBhappy
20th March 2008, 09:05 AM

Exactly.

well take the example of the PA who stole 4.5 million from her employee (a big city investment bank) ... I think if you have access to the financial info of a company it wouldn't be too hard to siphon some of it away ...

Not that I'm saying that has happened here and I hope to god it hasn't.

Matt Pacino
20th March 2008, 02:49 PM
well I've heard a few rumors of dodgy deals & of thing that go completely against UB40 work ethic & that is what made me realize Ali was telling the truth & why I started this poll in the first place but I wouldn't dare discuss them on here for fear of being banned like Crump has!! :eek:

2Tony
20th March 2008, 02:53 PM
Waited until today to cast my vote, thought I'd leave it a while to see how things panned out, now I have cast my vote I hope I don't get banned

Dean M
20th March 2008, 03:06 PM
Waited until today to cast my vote, thought I'd leave it a while to see how things panned out, now I have cast my vote I hope I don't get banned

i think 99% of the people posting here think the same

if they banned you for what you think then they would have to ban every one else

we are a little p*ssed off at what is going on at the moment

all we are doing is expresssing our feeling

themill1972
21st March 2008, 04:24 PM
Do i think the management do a good job??

Should Saddam Hussain of been awarded the noble peace prize??

Exactelly

mamto3girls
23rd March 2008, 03:40 PM
voted

Omodumbi
28th March 2008, 04:25 PM
We can not make a judgement of the management.....
Leave that to the people involved.