PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical question aout UB40 and Ali

ratcatcher
8th March 2008, 09:38 PM
Assume Ali's solo career bombs and also in his absence UB40's ticket sales decline...

Ali asks to rejoin th band what do you think the response (in your opinion) should be...

Clubreggae
8th March 2008, 09:50 PM
:D Come back Darling :D

MAYBETOMORROW
14th March 2008, 11:04 AM
Yes, on former terms 8)

Dean M
14th March 2008, 11:06 AM
former terms

Sal
19th March 2008, 05:56 PM
Just get back together and worry about the terms later :wink: :)

KGB_I_was_NOT
14th May 2008, 10:11 PM
We'll take him back... no hard feewings... ;)

Crump
14th May 2008, 11:10 PM
Ali and duncan on lead..

wouldnt sound to bad

ubbert
14th May 2008, 11:17 PM
Was thinking about this the other day, say one day in the future Ali does come back to UB40 (stranger things have happened!) what becomes of Duncan?

Same goes for Micky and Tony???

Can't see it happening for a long time yet though if ever!

Mark

hillyjo13
15th May 2008, 02:32 PM
without a doubt

streppel
15th May 2008, 03:45 PM
With the three of them. Didn't sound so bad at Village Ghetto land.
Lets do it!

Helena
18th May 2008, 03:38 PM
If they all resolve their differences and are all 100% happy about it then I see no reason why not. But not at the expense of Duncan - it would have to be as well as.

BUT

It'll NEVER happen lol

Helena
18th May 2008, 03:39 PM
p.s. can you add another option with what I said so i can vote cuz none of the existing ones really apply

FATHER TED2
18th May 2008, 09:12 PM
im just wondering about mickey, after all the main reason he left was he allowed himself to be manipulated by alis ppl, and not sure if any of them only ali should be let back in, and i really think tony should stay because even if dunc hadn't joined, the tunes could have been adapted to any of the vocalists styles, but the band were probably more stuck without a keyboard player, and tony has been along with duncan, a saving grace for the band

Maid Marion
21st May 2008, 10:34 PM
I agree that if Ali and or Mickey wanted to come back it would not be at the expense of either Duncan or Tony they have helped fill a gap even though other members of the band could have taken over

Just think the Campbell trio what a sound

Respect
Marion

Jay-A
23rd May 2008, 12:01 PM
I agree that if Ali and or Mickey wanted to come back it would not be at the expense of either Duncan or Tony they have helped fill a gap even though other members of the band could have taken over

Just think the Campbell trio what a sound

Respect
Marion

Have to agree with everything said here, it wouldnt be fair to duncan to sling him out IF ali came back, duncan's been abit of fresh air and i really like his sound, im sure they could all work together!!

RAT IN MI KITCH
23rd May 2008, 12:25 PM
WITHOUT A DOUBT!! :wink:

PIXI
24th May 2008, 09:17 PM
aint we like the kids wanting Mum and Dad back together.

Well I cant answer this cos I dont know what went on. I wasnt there.

BRUMMY UB
24th May 2008, 09:27 PM
i am sittin on de fence on this one :roll:

Nicola R
25th May 2008, 01:46 PM
hyperthetically - if this happened

I would like UB40 & the all the campbell family singers to unify

To forgive & forget would need a big,pure heart........

ratcatcher
27th May 2008, 03:36 PM
Is this bit of old rubbish still attracting votes? :roll:

Nicola R
27th May 2008, 09:45 PM

Mary Mary quite contrary........how does your garden grow?

you'll never know unless you dig deeper......clear the weeds......& sow your seed..........

but be prepared to reap what you sow

ratcatcher
28th May 2008, 01:37 PM

you'll never know unless you dig deeper......clear the weeds......& sow your seed..........

but be prepared to reap what you sowSalvadore Dali is alive!

Nicola R
28th May 2008, 01:59 PM

but be prepared to reap what you sowSalvadore Dali is alive!
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b146/nicola26/rataet.jpg

Tracy Sweet
25th July 2008, 12:10 PM

Grinner
25th July 2008, 02:35 PM

:D

D King
27th July 2008, 12:07 AM

Very good.

It would Riddle Me, and be Food For Thought, but My Way of Thinking would be to ask Tell Me If It's True, or just a Reckless Cover Up. I'd ask the Reasons, and if there were Many Rivers To Cross.

But if Ali turns up and says So Here I Am, Where Did I go Wrong, I Won't Close My Eyes, take the Higher Ground, or Kiss and Say Goodbye. Neither would I say I've Got Mine, Bring Me Your Cup.

What an opportunity, Don't Let It Pass You By, insist he is Always There, or we will Sing Our Own Song of Reggae Music, because that's The Way You Do The Things You Do

Maybe Tomorrow, I'd give it One In Ten, but it's not Impossible Love, and it would make it kind of Homely Girl.

I would get out the Red Red Wine as Breakfast In Bed, but If It Happens Again, C'est La Vie Until My Dying Day.

mamto3girls
30th July 2008, 09:43 PM
who is ali? :roll:

jp909
12th August 2008, 08:14 PM
Yes if Ali and Micky want to came back and the Guys want they back That would be wonderful. I don't see why Duncan couldn't stay. I'm sure it would only make the band stronger

San Diego
13th August 2008, 10:12 PM
Yes if Ali and Micky want to came back and the Guys want they back That would be wonderful. I don't see why Duncan couldn't stay. I'm sure it would only make the band stronger

What about Tony????

maybe_tomorrow
17th August 2008, 12:11 PM
It would be fantastic if Ali rejoined UB40 along with Micky but I don't think its going to happen anytime soon. I for one would say yes would be good to see them all together again, Duncan could still be a vocalist that wouldn't be a problem?