PDA

View Full Version : Break time

Clubreggae
3rd March 2008, 11:09 PM
at school,
At morning break in the dinner hall you could buy for 2p a Wagon Wheel :o Jammie Dogers 2 for a penny :D or potato puffs for 5p.
I always longed for these things but never had any money :( used to take my own in, usually a plum or some nuts :aagh:

No wonder i am addicted to biscuits and crisps now :( :roll:

Is there anything that you didn't have or couldn't have as a kid?, but now you over indulge in it ?

janice
3rd March 2008, 11:15 PM
give up debs ur fkin boring :roll:

Clubreggae
3rd March 2008, 11:17 PM

Can you please tell me just what is your contribution to this place Janice apart from seriously pissing me off
:roll: :x :x

elaine2005
3rd March 2008, 11:18 PM
As a kid we didnt have money ( well my dad did , but he didnt live with us ) but my mum would get herself in debt to cover birthdays and christmas and then spend the rest of the year paying it back.

I always felt guilty for that when i got older and realised.

BUT... It dawned on me a few years back that the toys she lavished on me and clothes where things she liked. DOLLS by the bucket load, pretty dresses , kilts sparkling white knee high socks and hair ribbons.

I wanted hair bobbles ( NO CHEAP PLASTIC ) i wanted indian tassled dresses with beads on and wooden scolls ( NO CHEAP SHIT ) i wanted a mr. frosty and operation games ( YOU GUESSED IT NO CHEAP CRAP ) :roll: :lol:

Thing was my mum was so poor as a kid, she was buying me all the things she wanted.

I love gadgets and art stuff so i tend to buy them for my kids LUCKILY they assure me they like them too :o

I HOPE...

janice
3rd March 2008, 11:19 PM

Can you please tell me just what is your contribution to this place Janice apart from seriously pissing me off
:roll: :x :xthats what i like to hear :D

elaine2005
3rd March 2008, 11:20 PM
at school,
At morning break in the dinner hall you could buy for 2p a Wagon Wheel :o Jammie Dogers 2 for a penny :D or potato puffs for 5p.
I always longed for these things but never had any money :( used to take my own in, usually a plum or some nuts :aagh:

Is there anything that you didn't have or couldn't have as a kid?, but now you over indulge in it ?

sorry did you mean FOOD WISE :oops:

If so i remember buying the little tins of heinz beans and sausage cus AGAIN my mum said they where CRAP, SOYA BEAN SHIT not proper meat ...... but i liked them :lol:

janice
3rd March 2008, 11:23 PM
yes debs SEX :D

elaine2005
3rd March 2008, 11:24 PM

:shock: :laff:

I suppose it is a VITAL part of human life jan ..... but TIME AND PLACE hun :lol:

janice
3rd March 2008, 11:25 PM

:shock: :laff:

I suppose it is a VITAL part of human life jan ..... but TIME AND PLACE hun :lol: :wink:

Clubreggae
3rd March 2008, 11:30 PM
at school,

If so i remember buying the little tins of heinz beans and sausage cus AGAIN my mum said they where CRAP, SOYA BEAN SHIT not proper meat ...... but i liked them :lol:

Anything really elaine. Just thinkiing about things i didn't have or could'nt get as a kid :( now i can get what i want :D , but i believe because it was unavailabel to me i cant get enough of some of the things now and definately over indulge in the once forbidden fruits :roll:

Yes i think when my kids were little, i got them all the things i wanted as a kid :o Every Christmas I gave my first daughter a Porceline Doll in a different outfit, this went on till she was 16.She then told me one Christmas she didn't want any more :o and that she had never liked them :shock: that they frightened her :shock: :(
I couldn't believe it :( i had always gone near and far to get them for her.She said to me only a few months back, "Those Dolls were horrid, but I never liked to tell you because I know you liked them" :o :shock: :?

She was right, I only ever had one Doll, and always longed for them :( :roll:

Never mind Im over that now and I had lots of babies instead :roll: :roll: :laff: :laff: :roll: :laff:

janice
3rd March 2008, 11:32 PM
:roll:

elaine2005
4th March 2008, 12:33 AM
at school,

Anything really elaine. Just thinkiing about things i didn't have or could'nt get as a kid :( now i can get what i want :D , but i believe because it was unavailabel to me i cant get enough of some of the things now and definately over indulge in the once forbidden fruits :roll:

Yes i think when my kids were little, i got them all the things i wanted as a kid :o Every Christmas I gave my first daughter a Porceline Doll in a different outfit, this went on till she was 16.She then told me one Christmas she didn't want any more :o and that she had never liked them :shock: that they frightened her :shock: :(
I couldn't believe it :( i had always gone near and far to get them for her.She said to me only a few months back, "Those Dolls were horrid, but I never liked to tell you because I know you liked them" :o :shock: :?

Never mind Im over that now and I had lots of babies instead :roll: :roll: :laff: :laff: :roll: :laff:

awww :love: well, i guess its a commonly done thing then.

At least she waited till she thought she could tell you without hurting your feelings.

Theres been a few things like my sons untouched art case under the stairs that have hit me as OOooo elaine , buying for yourself again :oops: Goes both ways though , my youngest daughter buys me things she likes and usually ends up with them :roll: :lol:

:arrow: bed time, that chat room kills yer eyes. You forget to blink. :?

Clubreggae
4th March 2008, 12:39 AM
at school,

awww :love: well, i guess its a commonly done thing then.

At least she waited till she thought she could tell you without hurting your feelings.

Theres been a few things like my sons untouched art case under the stairs that have hit me as OOooo elaine , buying for yourself again :oops: Goes both ways though , my youngest daughter buys me things she likes and usually ends up with them :roll: :lol:

:arrow: bed time, that chat room kills yer eyes. You forget to blink. :?

i know, i only stuck it for 30 seconds :shock: far too much going on for my liking :( Its too quick and too much for me to respond to at once :( :roll:

Sista fan
4th March 2008, 11:55 AM
i know, i only stuck it for 30 seconds far too much going on for my liking Its too quick and too much for me to respond to at once

SO deb maybe that is how u view yr childhood, and that is why U do not like that now???

feel sorry u didnt have the money to buy the tuck shop stuff, bless, sending u a hug now

xxxx

Clubreggae
4th March 2008, 12:29 PM
i know, i only stuck it for 30 seconds far too much going on for my liking Its too quick and too much for me to respond to at once

SO deb maybe that is how u view yr childhood, and that is why U do not like that now???

feel sorry u didnt have the money to buy the tuck shop stuff, bless, sending u a hug now

xxxx

its ok kim, i got cupboards full of tuck now, plus loads more hidden upstairs :roll: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

lara.1973
4th March 2008, 01:44 PM
never had any bloody money growing up :( for lunch we always took a sandwich, and i always wanted chicken, (not the shite off a roll) proper chicken, what did i get, fkin tuna, smelling shitty tuna sandwiches, that always gave me indegestion and bloody hicups, or fkin crab paste :roll: and crappy egg mayo, anything that was smelly our mom made us :lol: :lol: :lol:

friends also always had money for tuk at school, and i always wanted the mojo sweets (strawberry) never did get me own, i always had lovely friends willing to share tho :lol:

Nicola R
4th March 2008, 11:27 PM
neva really felt I went without ( had 1 doll & a colouring book) although I could have done with extra blankets on my bed at night when the frost covered the inside of the window -I had to curl my feet up to keep warm.........brrrrrrrrrrrrrr I love my quilt now :D

didn't have pocked money either but our grandad came every sunday with a bag full of sweets & a hug & smile (bless him) below.....never met my gran as she died having my mum :cry:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b146/nicola26/grandadwoodhead.jpg

soon as I were able (looked old enough) got my self a saturday job at a restaurant in town which payed for the fags ,booze & gigs :roll:

:D

elaine2005
4th March 2008, 11:30 PM
(( nic )) thats lovely hun :love:

Puts us greedy gits into perspective :oops:

Clubreggae
5th March 2008, 12:00 AM
neva really felt I went without ( had 1 doll & a colouring book) although I could have done with extra blankets on my bed at night when the frost covered the inside of the window -I had to curl my feet up to keep warm.........brrrrrrrrrrrrrr I love my quilt now :D

didn't have pocked money either but our grandad came every sunday with a bag full of sweets & a hug & smile (bless him) below.....never met my gran as she died having my mum :cry:

soon as I were able (looked old enough) got my self a saturday job at a restaurant in town which payed for the fags ,booze & gigs :roll:

:DNic :friends: your Nan and Grandad ? :love:

Nicola R
5th March 2008, 12:13 AM

:DNic :friends: your Nan and Grandad ? :love:

Yeah....my late mums parents..........
He use to bring loads of sweets every sunday I use to give myself headache with all the chewing.......lol......& always spoilt my sunday dinner

U'll have to stop with these 'I remember when posts' Deb...I always get so nostalgic & feel like posting my whole photo family album :roll:

nice memories though :love:

:friends:

Clubreggae
5th March 2008, 12:17 AM
Nic :o Im looking at thier faces and I can see you in both of them :friends: :love: