PDA

View Full Version : Should we bring back Hanging? ? ?

~JENNY~
27th February 2008, 04:22 PM
http://extras.thesun.co.uk/php/vote/2008/death_penalty_auto/index.php?setc=y&

Vote Yes or No! I voted Yes

Rebel Soul
27th February 2008, 04:25 PM
http://extras.thesun.co.uk/php/vote/2008/death_penalty_auto/index.php?setc=y&

Vote Yes or No! I voted Yes

.......Jenny, some of the biggest criminals in the world are those that dispense "justice/law and order".....and you KNOW they aint gonna be hanged for their war crimes and other crimes :aagh: .....so I say no, sorryy! :?

janice
27th February 2008, 04:47 PM
i say no, wrong people have been hung b4, plus i think some people should be put on an island to rot :D

lara.1973
27th February 2008, 04:49 PM
captial punishment can work, but not always, there have been too many inocent ppl hanged etc for a crime they didnt commit, only to be proved inocent after the fateful event :(
on the other hand, if someone is proven guilty for a crime, beyond a shaddow of a doubt, then yes, for instance, if someone (god forbid) ever killed my child/children, or any member of my family or friends, i would want justice, and an eye for an eye, wouldnt seem so bad then !!! just my thoughts on the matter :)

~JENNY~
27th February 2008, 05:03 PM
I wouldnt say hang them for a petty crime.. But Peodophiles, an child abusers and murderers SHOULD... Why not?

Madam Madusa1
27th February 2008, 05:03 PM
Deffo YES ......Science and DNA and the like are so far advanced nowadays that mistakes, although can be,shouldn't be made.

Prisoners have it fkn made :twisted: :twisted: TV'S,money,women.Place to live when they come out and on occasions jobs set up for them.Hang the b*****ds :twisted: especially for pervs and murderers :twisted:

Lord F
27th February 2008, 05:17 PM
Deffo YES ......Science and DNA and the like are so far advanced nowadays that mistakes, although can be,shouldn't be made.

Prisoners have it fkn made :twisted: :twisted: TV'S,money,women.Place to live when they come out and on occasions jobs set up for them.Hang the b*****ds :twisted: especially for pervs and murderers :twisted:

with you all the way on that one Lou, when there are a billion to one chance or half a dozen credible witnesses yes, however if there is any doubt the sentence should be life meaning life

elaine2005
27th February 2008, 05:28 PM
I wouldnt say hang them for a petty crime.. But Peodophiles, an child abusers and murderers SHOULD... Why not?

Im with ya ... all the way on that score jen.

:x

Waltjo
27th February 2008, 06:39 PM

That would be enough to make me vote NO WAY, mistakes are made and an innocent goes to gallows no thanks :roll: :roll: pedos should be castrated and seriall killers should be banished to an island as Janice said left to rot :evil: at least if any evidence comes to light about the innocence of the person then at least he has a chance to be free :roll:

Tik
27th February 2008, 10:08 PM
What if a murderer of an adult kills a child abuser?
Or a child abuser kills a mass murderer?

*ubloonie*
27th February 2008, 10:13 PM
eye for a eye i reckon,if someone murders someone,the victims family should decide the punishment

FATHER TED2
27th February 2008, 10:39 PM
in an ideal world where mistakes aint made i'd have to say yes, but it aint an ideal world and the chance of only1 per cent of innocent ppl being executed is too much to risk bringing capital punishment back

Sylvie B
27th February 2008, 10:46 PM
If it restores law & order.......in the out of order fkin country that it has become yes maybe the answer then some twats may think twice before running after mindless supposed respect & glory.........

Aaron Otang
27th February 2008, 10:52 PM
If it restores law & order.......in the out of order fkin country that it has become yes maybe the answer then some twats may think twice before running after mindless supposed respect & glory.........

:beer: Yep!!!

Its only when shit really happens to people.... Howw would you feel if it happened to YOU!!!!! i say yes & bring back national service..thed cry for there 4kin so called mummies..

how would you feel if your daughter was murdered then raped while dead...and then know the killer has 3 meals a day,sky
sports, a daily walkabout!!!! and is enjoying life......... :roll:

yeah !!!! makes sence

IN FACT 4 :evil: KIN BURN EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~JENNY~
27th February 2008, 10:56 PM
I like the fact how half agree an half dont.. SHows that people think differently ;)

I wont chnage my mind tho!!

Why should rapist, child abusers and murderers get treated WITH RESPECT! Do they desrve it ??? NO!!

Sylvie B
27th February 2008, 10:58 PM

:beer: Yep!!!

Its only when shit really happens to people.... i say yes & bring back national service..thed cry for there 4kin so called mummies..

how would you feel if your daughter was murdered then raped while dead...and then know the killer has 3 meals a day,sky sports, a daily walkabout!!!! and is enjoying life......... :roll:

yeah !!!! makes sence

yeah they'd cry for their mummies alright.......
& if they wanna wear their trousers down by their ankles coz its what they do in prison coz they are not allowed belts ffs.........whats all that about.........tell ya they would soon be hangin coz they'd be full of shit .....literally.........
good gos don't get me started & to think they were gonna nick me the other day for riding 10 ft in a pedestrianized area........said I had attitude.........fkin right did I.......go & catch a mugger robbin an old lady of her pension.............plastic policemen.........bring back law & order........properly :roll:

McDUB BOY aka Superal
28th February 2008, 10:53 AM
NO WAY,McDUB BOY HE SAY NO,NO,NO :twisted:

McDUB BOY :wink:

*ubloonie*
28th February 2008, 03:42 PM
ok,had a think about this,and this is my proposal

heres the scenario

murderer is in a cell,warden says to him "you are never going to go free,you will die in prison,there is a pill on the table that when taken you will go into a deep coma to which you will not recover and die in your sleep,

warden leaves the cell for 10minutes,if they then take the pill it is then suicide,if not then hang the bas**rds!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Madam Madusa1
28th February 2008, 03:44 PM
ok,had a think about this,and this is my proposal

heres the scenario

murderer is in a cell,warden says to him "you are never going to go free,you will die in prison,there is a pill on the table that when taken you will go into a deep coma to which you will not recover and die in your sleep,

warden leaves the cell for 10minutes,if they then take the pill it is then suicide,if not then hang the bas**rds!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

As long as he's dead who cares?? :shock:

kenji-ko
28th February 2008, 04:35 PM
Is Capital Punishment a Sentence or a Vendetta?

What's the difference between terrorising a people because of their leaders fallen in disgrace and death penalty? Punishment or Vendetta?

Tyler...... Mumia Abu Jamal...... I do not forget you and I keep in mind who are the REAL Criminals and these will die in their BED.

Who will let that Iraki or Afghani mother decide the way George Bush may die?????

Tik
28th February 2008, 04:43 PM

What's the difference between terrorising a people because of their leaders fallen in disgrace and death penalty? Punishment or Vendetta?

Tyler...... Mumia Abu Jamal...... I do not forget you and I keep in mind who are the REAL Criminals and these will die in their BED.

Who will let that Iraki or Afghani mother decide the way George Bush may die?????

that isnt the question that was asked

kenji-ko
28th February 2008, 04:52 PM

Are you a moderator or something? I just speak my word.

Tik
28th February 2008, 05:09 PM

not at all.........i wasnt having a go,i was just pointing out that the question that was posed was not the question you answered...ok?

~JENNY~
28th February 2008, 05:34 PM
i should have done a poll instead :haha: :laff:

kenji-ko
28th February 2008, 05:45 PM

not at all.........i wasnt having a go,i was just pointing out that the question that was posed was not the question you answered...ok?

Ok. The question was " shall we bring back death penalty" right?
My answer is: I am againt Death Penalty.

But also I question myself about the essence itself of Death Penalty. What is it for? What are the real effect? Will this be possible for all war victims' relatives to choose the way Western Leaders should die? Who decides? So that' why I asked this question: justice or vendetta?

You know what I mean now?

Here in China, Death Penalty is the common thing for little thieves. And the family has to pay the Bullet.

BUt what I witness here is that the Big Nomenklatura, corrupted and bribed, are abusing the common sense and law, and people suffer...They will never be hung.

Voila!

Rebel Soul
28th February 2008, 05:52 PM
Is there any evidence that the death penalty would WORK? Jenny, do you want a situation where it's like the worst of Sharia law?
I see no difference in us "westeners" calling for hanging and the islamic fundamentalist wanting hands cut off sharia style.....it isn't opposite, it's OPPO-SAMES
I stick to my original point.....those that are responsible for justice and social order are the worst offenders.....pedophillia? My god, look at some of the high rank covers up in the top political world that has come out over the years....and that's to mention one thing. Murder? Look at Iraq, where people are being murdered when there was NO WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION......
Are we going to include these people?

It's a good debate anyway.

elaine2005
28th February 2008, 06:06 PM
Is there any evidence that the death penalty would WORK? Jenny, do you want a situation where it's like the worst of Sharia law?
I see no difference in us "westeners" calling for hanging and the islamic fundamentalist wanting hands cut off sharia style.....it isn't opposite, it's OPPO-SAMES
I stick to my original point.....those that are responsible for justice and social order are the worst offenders.....pedophillia? My god, look at some of the high rank covers up in the top political world that has come out over the years....and that's to mention one thing. Murder? Look at Iraq, where people are being murdered when there was NO WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION......

yeah the FKERS DEAD so cant do IT again! :evil: :x

seriously ........... imo DEATH PENALTY should be reserved ONLY for the absalute no doubt what so ever serial killing, sex monsters of the ( adult and more especially child ) :!:

With todays DNA there should be NO REASON to doubt.

I KNOW mistakes will happen in all walks of life and id be playing a different tune if it where one of my family members wrongly accused im sure........ BUT at the moment i can only speak from the heart and instinct.

If 1 person dies in error to save thousands of VICTIMS then yeah .... id go for it.

HANGING ? LETHAL INJECTION ? ELECTRIC CHAIR ? all sounds barberous but then so are the EVILS of men. :(

~JENNY~
28th February 2008, 06:09 PM

yeah the FKERS DEAD so cant do IT again! :evil: :x

seriously ........... imo DEATH PENALTY should be reserved ONLY for the absalute no doubt what so ever serial killing, sex monsters of the ( adult and more especially child ) :!:

With todays DNA there should be NO REASON to doubt.

I KNOW mistakes will happen in all walks of life and id be playing a different tune if it where one of my family members wrongly accused im sure........ BUT at the moment i can only speak from the heart and instinct.

Id 1 person dies in error to save thousands of VICTIMS then yeah .... id go for it.

HANGING ? LETHAL INJECTION ? ELECTRIC CHAIR ? all sounds barbeous but then so are the EVILS of men. :(You said it al for me chick :love:

Madam Madusa1
28th February 2008, 06:13 PM
Yip and me :!:

kenji-ko
28th February 2008, 06:27 PM
If 1 person dies in error to save thousands of VICTIMS then yeah .... id go for it.

Hello Elaine; I got one question.
Does that mean that we should sentence people before they commit a crime? That goes absolutely against the Habeas Corpus.
You cannot condamn someone for crimes that were not commited yet. Or maybe I misunderstood. If so enlighten me my friend.

hillyjo13
28th February 2008, 06:40 PM
i dont know...

elaine2005
28th February 2008, 06:48 PM

Does that mean that we should sentence people before they commit a crime? That goes absolutely against the Habeas Corpus.
You cannot condamn someone for crimes that were not commited yet. Or maybe I misunderstood. If so enlighten me my friend.

Dont go all minority report on me kenji :lol:

seriously ... they are my TOP FAVE FILMS : equilibrium, children of men, minority report, matrix etc ...

I didnt mean it the way you read it but im sure i will alarm not just you but many other people that once or twice ive thought that could be a possitive thing - then i realise NOOOOO :shock: Thought Police is taking it a tad to the extreme ............ so no, what i was meaning was If when they KILL someone ( they being the state i presume ) the someone being the perpetrator - IF from time to time they did get it wrong , it would be TERRIBLE of course.

But i personally would rather see 1 or 2 innocent people mistakingly killed in order that the 99% of GUILTY KILLERS / EVIL SCUM BAGS got what they deserved.

This Country ( i cant speak for the world kenji cus unlike you im not well travelled or informed of what goes on elsewhere other than what we hear on the NEWS :? & we all know what thats worth :roll: ) but here ... we have become a nation that REWARD THE GUILTY & NEGLECT the innocent. IMO.

& thats all it is : my opinion.

Tik
28th February 2008, 07:17 PM
by the way...i say no

~JENNY~
28th February 2008, 07:20 PM
by the way...i say no:laff: :laff:

lara.1973
28th February 2008, 07:21 PM
by the way...i say no

:lol: blunt, straight to the point ;) any particular reason tok ;):D

kenji-ko
28th February 2008, 07:25 PM

Dont go all minority report on me kenji :lol:

seriously ... they are my TOP FAVE FILMS : equilibrium, children of men, minority report, matrix etc ...

I didnt mean it the way you read it but im sure i will alarm not just you but many other people that once or twice ive thought that could be a possitive thing - then i realise NOOOOO :shock: Thought Police is taking it a tad to the extreme ............ so no, what i was meaning was If when they KILL someone ( they being the state i presume ) the someone being the perpetrator - IF from time to time they did get it wrong , it would be TERRIBLE of course.

But i personally would rather see 1 or 2 innocent people mistakingly killed in order that the 99% of GUILTY KILLERS / EVIL SCUM BAGS got what they deserved.

This Country ( i cant speak for the world kenji cus unlike you im not well travelled or informed of what goes on elsewhere other than what we hear on the NEWS :? & we all know what thats worth :roll: ) but here ... we have become a nation that REWARD THE GUILTY & NEGLECT the innocent. IMO.

& thats all it is : my opinion.

Ah Elaine..... Minority Report... I just realise now... Yeah the movie and stuff....No problem. lol

Of course now I understand that you refer to your country and it helps me to understand why you think like. That's very instructive for me you know.

For my part, I prefer a guilty person in liberty than an Innocent in jail if I had to chooce. Ok, what you write is slightly different but I hope you can perceive my point of view. The case of Mumia ABu Jamal or Tyler are quite blatant and relevant.

Like Imani, I agree on the fact the Charia or Western Death Penalty, there is no difference. You cut the hand or the head, that's just the wicked law of the land. And Law is not always right.
Law made by people above these very ones. And there is a big coalition of assassins.....Iran, China, Us, North Korea, Saudi Arabia.....Sometimes divided but always brothers in crime.

The Biggest persecutors will never be sentenced.
Please do not get me wrong. I strongly believe in Justice but for me Death Penalty is not the solution. And the dream of an Equal Justice fo all is a vain word.

See you soon if China does not cut my internet connexion or my head for what I am writing!!! lol

take care!

nb: tom cruise deserves death penalty for being a bad actor.yes! lol

Tik
28th February 2008, 07:39 PM
by the way...i say no

i think its barbaric....but that doesnt mean i dont think child abuse,murder,sexual assault etc isnt...i just feel that we are supposed to be a civilsed society and i dont want to see us go back to the dark ages or become another "fanatasist like state" where we trash the streets and burn effigys of people we don`t like....if i wanted to see some one killed for commiting a crime i`d move to another country where it`s common place......... :wink:

San Diego
28th February 2008, 07:49 PM
Arghhhhhh I just typed a huge disortation on this post, the phone rang and by the time I got back the computer and tried to post it, the computer logged me out and it disappeared...... :grrrr:

Tik
28th February 2008, 07:50 PM
Arghhhhhh I just typed a huge disortation on this post, the phone rang and by the time I got back the computer and tried to post it, the computer logged me out and it disappeared...... :grrrr:

sorry but :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

kenji-ko
28th February 2008, 07:51 PM

Ah Conspiracy!!!!!!!! lol

lara.1973
28th February 2008, 07:52 PM
by the way...i say no

i think its barbaric....but that doesnt mean i dont think child abuse,murder,sexual assault etc isnt...i just feel that we are supposed to be a civilsed society and i dont want to see us go back to the dark ages or become another "fanatasist like state" where we trash the streets and burn effigys of people we don`t like....if i wanted to see some one killed for commiting a crime i`d move to another country where it`s common place......... :wink:

fair enough hun ;) just wondered ;)

San Diego
28th February 2008, 07:53 PM
It was articulate and well tought out too...not my usual shyte... :grrr:

elaine2005
28th February 2008, 07:57 PM
I do understand kenji ( to a degree ) but my logic can not get past the point : IF I where to go out and deliberatley KILL , TORTURE , MAIM etc someone because A/ I HATE THEM - B/ I HAD AN ABUSIVE PAST MYSELF - C/ JUST BECAUSE and i knew that if i was caught the worse thing that would happen to me is i would go to prison ( MAYBE ) then whats to stop me ?

Prison ( in this country ) is not so bad ... i know, i was ( am technically ) married to an ex jail boy and a previous relationship to that was spent also going to and from prison visits ... seemed to me in hindsight that i was the one who suffered not them.

Especially Young Offenders institutes which basically are Bultins with differnt kind of bars :wink:

So what does stop me ? CONSIENCE.... However, the people < use the term losely - that COMMIT the HORRORS i have in mind are lacking that and so there is currently no real detterant.

Now, maybe some of them would not be changed if they knew they would also be tortured , killed on capture ? BUT SOME i should think MOST would think twice.

& that to me ............ can be the only answer.

I have had this convo many times throughout my adult years and ive never changed my opinion, however i do see that if i where the one wrongly accused or someone i loved i would do EVERYTHING in my power to seek justice.

CONTRADICTION ? NO ......... not imo. < there is is again, my opinion :oops:

kenji-ko
28th February 2008, 07:59 PM
It was articulate and well tought out too...not my usual shyte... :grrr:

Maybe you computer did not recognise you usual style and bugged, went crazy!!!! lol

San Diego
28th February 2008, 07:59 PM
They don't Elaine, take it from me. I live in a country that uses Capital punishment..... It doesn't deter them at all....

elaine2005
28th February 2008, 08:02 PM
They don't Elaine, take it from me. I live in a country that uses Capital punishment..... It doesn't deter them at all....

so what then fi ?

If my child does something wrong and i know that by mild punishment they will do it again and by severe punishment they will still do it again ......... do i then say, OK im in a no win situation here so i will just pussy foot around them cus it makes no odds at the end of the day.

My last point here cus its a kida ROUND AND ROUND IN CIRCLES DEBATE ............ always has been, always will be.

PUNISHMENT SHOULD FIT THE CRIME

LIKE FOR LIKE where ever possible and where not IMPROVISE. :twisted:

:wink:

:arrow:

San Diego
28th February 2008, 08:11 PM
I'm not disagreeing with your thought process, Elaine. I'm just telling you the FACTS......This country has one of the highest crime rates in the world, they implemented the death penalty as a form of punishment/deterrence and it DOESN"T work!!! Crimes rates here are soaring regardless.. It doesn't deter them one iota.

SAD but very TRUE.

ALI GATOR
28th February 2008, 08:23 PM
I'm not disagreeing with your thought process, Elaine. I'm just telling you the FACTS......This country has one of the highest crime rates in the world, they implemented the death penalty as a form of punishment/deterrence and it DOESN"T work!!! Crimes rates here are soaring regardless.. It doesn't deter them one iota.

SAD but very TRUE.

Dont do the crime if you cant do the time. Fi :D :D

San Diego
28th February 2008, 08:25 PM
If you haven't watched the film "Dead Man Walking" with Sean Penn, I would suggest it highly..... It's highly provocative, and changed the way I viewed the death penalty issue.

kate13
29th February 2008, 01:20 AM
no

Madam Madusa1
6th March 2008, 07:43 PM
Just seen on the news about an animal who goes by the name of 'Pierre Williams'. He bludgeoned to death a mother(after raping her and her daughter) and her two teenage children one of which appeared on Young Stars In Their Eyes. He got 38 years......should of hanged the b****rd. Instead of wasting tax payers money by keeping the T**t in prison,and perhaps it would solve the problem of over crowding in prisons....Makes my blood boil. :twisted:

Frankie
7th March 2008, 08:51 AM
I think we've tried the 'send them to an island to rot' option and if my history is correct ... that was to try to solve prisons over crowding. I've just sat and read through all of the posts and I can fully understand the anger from all side.

Lots and lots of questions but still no answers

Why should they live after what they've done?

Can you be 110% sure that they did it?

On who's opinion is 'beyond shadow of a doubt' ... the accuser or the accused?

Should the accused be treated like an animal and not be allowed any creature comforts?

How do we solve overcrowding in prison? Mass killing or re-education and better policing as a detterent?

If we did bring back the death penalty how would we end someone's life? Hanging?, electric chair?, lethal injection?, permanent sleeping pill? let the parents / family in with them for a while?

Is it not making us as bad as them?

Would it really stop people commiting these crimes?

Would it not make someone who wants to die but can't commit suicide .... take someone elses life knowing that the decision would then be taken out of their hands?

I could sit here for ages typing question after question and still not come up with the answers to decide one way or the other.

~JENNY~
7th March 2008, 11:45 AM
Lou, defo agree wiv ya here chuck...

to be honest i cant believe this post is goin on but it is a serious topic init..

I wanted to see the responses as i would like them to bring hanging back, but i know that not everyone wil agree. just wanted to see opinions :grin: